Forums
May 06, 2024, 11:38 PM

Author Topic: Most Addictive Game?  (Read 7077 times)

Offline Wolfgang

Re: Most Addictive Game?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 01:17 AM »
All Metal Gears , Castlevania , GTA, Naruto Storm 3 :D , All Megaman games (classic or X)

Online games WA xD sometimes Samp (gta san andreas multiplayer)
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Breeze

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50 AM »
My list.

> Quake 2 (Action Quake 2 Mod for it)
> DotA (Warcraft 3 UMS)
> DotA 2 now

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 05:32 AM »
the new tomb raider game is f@#!in amazing

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16 AM »
dark souls  :(
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 10:45 AM »
I like how the new tomb raider is more like 99% of the games in the market and less like the tomb raider we fell in love with

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 02:21 PM »
dark souls  :(
+1 xD
Very hardcore one, i like it

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 02:28 PM »
The new tomb raider is more critically acclaimed than the ones we grew up with.  The old games are a distant memory after this new incarnation.  New one blows the old one out of the water, best game ive played in several years IMO.  At least since the original Dead Space and Fallout 3 have I not had more fun playing a game.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 04:15 PM »
Monster Hunter series.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31 PM »
Monster Hunter series.

OMG I loved Monster Hunter 2 for PSP, but I didn't really get far ! I had to sell my PSP to make the funds to get my KRK Monitors, that is one game I am definitely going to have to get again someday to actually complete !!!

Offline Alien

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 04:34 PM »
for me: gta3 and everything x-com

i have played x-com a lot back in the days. i really loved it and i miss those good old times. :(

man, there are sooo much games to be added here... from a-z.
it's just impossible (xd) to name them all here. ;o
if my pc wouldn't suck so bad, i also would add very much new games too.
to say which game is the most addictive is just impossible (again xd).
if you are a gamer, you don't have only 1 favourite game aside of wa ofc.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:35 PM by Alien »

Offline philie

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43 PM »
i have played x-com a lot back in the days. i really loved it and i miss those good old times. :(

check this out:
http://ufoai.org
it's a fan base remake of enemy unknown

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 04:59 PM »
And if you can spare some money I'd recommend to take a look at Xenonauts.

http://www.xenonauts.com/

It's more true to the old-school x-com than the reincarnation from Firaxis.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Monster Hunter series.

Addicting in the same way as Dark Souls, just the latter is a much bigger game.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 05:39 PM »
To finish all G-Rank quests and/or to get all armor sets and weapons you will most likely sink close to 1000hours into the latest western release (Monster Hunter 3 ultimate) I have already played 120hours so far and I am at the start of High rank in solo and haven't touched multiplayer at all for now.

And if we ever get a western MMO like the Japanese have with MHFrontier or the chinese soon with MHO it would go into the thousands.

MH ist basically a MMO for offline and optional multiplayer part. So the transition between MH series and the MMO is barely noticable (you just see more people in town), gameplay is the same.

Dark Souls I have played twice through, once on the original PS3 version and once on the PC (prepare to die edition), MH just drives me froward because it actually rewards you with new enemies (even if its just subspecies) that actually get new moves to learn. In Dark Souls they just scale so they have more HP deal more dmg etc. Of course Dark Souls best part is the PvP which MH doesn't have. But for PvE MH is king compared to DS.

Dont get me wrong though, both games are great and I am awaiting Dark Souls 2 as much as I await any MH game to come, but since I like PvE more I enjoy MH a lot more. :) These both games are better, more rewarding and skillful to play than any other new "CoD" that gets to us. Asian gamers have a lot better games than we do now. I wonder why the western gamers got so brainwashed into liking CoD and easymode games when the asians basically stayed the same at the core, hard games, grindy games etc.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:46 PM by Anubis »

Offline franz

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 01:46 AM »
I never owned Demon Souls, only played it at friends (I'm console-less), but once its sequel Dark Souls finally went to PC, I had a huge addicting phase just fully exploring the game that first time through, and that was the best part.  Just a great challenging world that kept me wanting more.  Looking forward to Dark Souls 2 :)