Forums
May 06, 2024, 07:02 PM

Author Topic: Most Addictive Game?  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Husk

Re: Most Addictive Game?
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 02:25 AM »
I wonder why the western gamers got so brainwashed into liking CoD and easymode games when the asians basically stayed the same at the core, hard games, grindy games etc.

CoD is alot of fun and a very good game, maybe that why?

Offline OrangE

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 05:41 AM »
if you guys like fps games you should definitely try Ghost Recon Online.

it's a team play based game, very strategical and incredibly addictive. and most of all it's free to play.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10 AM »
In Dark Souls they just scale so they have more HP deal more dmg etc. Of course Dark Souls best part is the PvP which MH doesn't have. But for PvE MH is king compared to DS.

I only not agree with this part. Per example, you meet around 10 Titanite Demons in a Dark Souls playthrough, these have the same graphics and holding the same weapon. Well, 90% of them have a different moveset and most have a unique move.

I agree that the MHU offers more in terms of bosses but you make it sound as if DS just recycles through graphics for monsters, and while it does for some of them, they still variation even amongst the same enemy unit.

the addiction for me comes from the learning curve. A casual gamer will never get past the first 25% of the game (without being rushed by friends). It's hailed to be one of the hardest games ever and yet people are now pushing to complete it in the one hour mark. There's so many paths to complete the game, so many builds. And then there's the PVP which is what has me still playing :S
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Yeah, well I meant that when you finished DS and make a Game+ the monsters just get more dmg/hp etc. Where in MH once you finish low rank it starts from the beginning again but you get to see the subspecies for example Royal Ludroth (low rank) Purple Royal Ludroth (high rank). I know that DS has a lot of monster variety and bosses in the first playthrough though! =)

I love about MH that you don't level up your character but rather make or break by choosing the right armor and weapons. :)

Offline Kyho

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 05:37 PM »
DS owns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Kai, what other platforms is MH available on? Is it on PC or anything? (Saves me looking sorry for being lazy)

Offline Masta

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2013, 07:13 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:36 PM by Masta »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Damn right, i've pretty much gave up playing lots of games, I recently sold my PS3, got rid of all games except WA, after we do Season 31 PO i'm done with Clanning/Classic league, but I am DEFINITELY getting Monster Hunter for the PC !!!!!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2013, 08:10 PM »
There is no MH for PC currently except you live in Japan or use a VPN (they block all IPs outside from Japan), and then you need to be able to understand Japan or just guess your way through. The only current MH for West is MH3U which needs a 3DS or Wii U (I have Wii U version). The cry engine MH is for chinese only, maybe on the E3 they will announce that it's coming to international audience too, Tencent is one of the biggest companies on the world so it shouldn't be a problem for them if they see a market for MH in the west. Also: Chinese MMO have the tendency to offer english versions even though there is no international server so we might be lucky and get an english client and still can play it. :p

Offline Breeze

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2013, 01:32 AM »
ew.

If you like real fps, play tribes ascend.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2013, 11:21 AM »
MH looks great.  Cryengine 3 looks like an industry leader now, with Crytek creating a absolutely stunning Crysis 3.  I can't get over how good it looks.  I don't like fantasy shit though.  Give me a post apocalyptic game like Fallout.  Sure, skyrim is a great game, but i frown on wizardry  >:(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2013, 11:51 AM »
OMG I want MH again so badly... I'm getting a PSP again, screwit !

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2013, 03:10 PM »
komo you can get ppsspp emulator on your android phone, iphone or pc and play monster hunter via emulator
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1095

Offline Anubis

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2013, 05:19 PM »
And if you want a device to play MH get a 3DS, MH4 is announced ONLY for 3DS. PSP is dead anyway.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 09:38 AM »
Wait, there's a PSP emulator that works for PC?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.