Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:03 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Avoiding i guess  (Read 4778 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Avoiding i guess
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 02:46 PM »
People are free to play the schemes they want. If you play their pick and then they refuse your pick, it will be avoiding. In this case, nothing happened. They asked your pick and refused to play clanner. Many people already do that if they know their opponent pick is BnG.

Forcing a rule otherwise, will make people hand out free wins.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 02:59 PM »
I mean, is all this discussion really needed?
Everyone here know that if you type 'clanner anyone?' your clan must be ready to play any scheme.

That's our point though Kaleu, not make a rule people avoiding gets punished, but if a clan does not want to play certain schemes, they should say so when they are asking for clanners, it stops confusion, and possibly saves time, for example, Clan A - Clanner ne1?, Clan B - Us ! We will !, Clan A - Host your pick... So Clan B hosts up, selects scheme, but then Clan A decides they don't like that scheme, after a few minutes of arguing, both clans are back in AG, and I know it doesn't happen alot, but in these few minutes, 2 other clans could have found each other, and your clans have lost out ! <--- And may possibly have to wait another 30-60, even hours, for another clanner lol, it's happened to me before when looking with barman in Q.

Just make yourself clear before advancing, is all I wish for lol.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33 PM »
People are free to play the schemes they want. If you play their pick and then they refuse your pick, it will be avoiding. In this case, nothing happened. They asked your pick and refused to play clanner. Many people already do that if they know their opponent pick is BnG.

Forcing a rule otherwise, will make people hand out free wins.

well so gonna be ok if i ask for clanner, some clan agree and i ask for their pick.. and if i dont have the right partner for this sheme i can just avoid it? you wanna make me clear this is ok?

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Avoiding rule:
If you only want to play a specific scheme/type, you must make this clear when asking for clanners or risk getting an avoid complaint.

This is wrong and needs to be changed. Asking for specific schemes in a rating based all-around league is just incongruous. IT IS A LEAGUE! If you only want to play certain schemes then you should stick to playing funners.

Im totally agree with u dub, this MUST BE CHANGED, as u told, this is a competitive league and both clans or individual players must choice what they want to pick, a pick for each one whatever they pick, this leagues is not based on '' i will decide what we gonna play '' that's totally unfair... what would happen if everyone here start saying '' TUS NE1? only such scheme'' ? opponents will lose their right to choice, and mostly of the cases, opponent refuses that ''he/she'' decide what the opponent HAS TO play... and this affect obviously the player with balls to reach to first place or PO...
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline Prankster

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 04:49 PM »
I agree with Dub too. Both clans/players having their pick is perfectly enough of choices. If you're afraid of people abusing the league by playing only certain schemes, implement that thing from allrounder league (which should be the default league btw, imho) which takes away points if your pick diversity is poor, or something like that.

But designing your opponents' picks to your own favor too? Now that's bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:53 PM by Prankster »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 05:22 PM »
well so gonna be ok if i ask for clanner, some clan agree and i ask for their pick.. and if i dont have the right partner for this sheme i can just avoid it? you wanna make me clear this is ok?

You can play the scheme you want. You can ask "clanner Team17 anyone?" and only play Team17. It is based on agreement. You CAN'T refuse your opponent's pick when they have played yours. But before the start of the games, yes you can talk to them to reach an agreement.

At the rest of the topic,
Forcing a rule like that, will backfire you know? I can set that rule and force a clan to not escape my TTRR pick. They will probably tell me to report free win. A number of those free wins get reported and people will start calling that lame. Then we go on and set another rule to ban free wins like that and force that clan to play TTRR with us. Now do you think that forced game is any different than the free win they just gave us?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 05:29 PM »

You can play the scheme you want. You can ask "clanner Team17 anyone?" and only play Team17. It is based on agreement. You CAN'T refuse your opponent's pick when they have played yours. But before the start of the games, yes you can talk to them to reach an agreement.

Forcing a rule like that, will backfire you know? I can set that rule and force a clan to not escape my TTRR pick. They will probably tell me to report free win. A number of those free wins get reported and people will start calling that lame. Then we go on and set another rule to ban free wins like that and force that clan to play TTRR with us. Now do you think that forced game is any different than the free win they just gave us?

you didnt get my point.. what happens if i do it this way.. asking for clanner or tus .. and then i dont agree on my opponents sheme.. for me its avoiding .. but if nothing gonna happen to coI, i ll start to do the same way.. hey.. its just easier to not losing points when im not warm or a partner is not around..

handle it with warns and bans .. like 3 warns and then banned.

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 07:20 PM »

some cases that's not an agreement, sometimes we're forced to play ''that'' scheme cuz there're no more players to play FAIRLY, and obviously this kind of avoiding affect us and for me that's afraid to lose points, and it should be considered like avoiding opponent pick, if they want to play only t17, they can host a game called ''t17'' and find a player that's what they are looking for no? just play one scheme? why we have to support those players that don't like other schemes?, what kind of competitiveness we have if one is deciding what we have to play?...

if u see currently clan league is totally inactive, there's no ''variety'' of clans anymore, and when we've got a clan asking for clanner (after hours looking for) they have to decide what we have to play? that's unfair man...

If they want to play clanner or leagues games, they have to play based on basic rule, 1 scheme per player or clan ...

Forcing a rule like that, will backfire you know? I can set that rule and force a clan to not escape my TTRR pick. They will probably tell me to report free win. A number of those free wins get reported and people will start calling that lame
. Then we go on and set another rule to ban free wins like that and force that clan to play TTRR with us. Now do you think that forced game is any different than the free win they just gave us?

I supppose the option ''free win'' was created in order to report a game where the opponent just ''give it up'' why should it be lame? the lame player will be the player who is surrending without playing...

[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline deejay

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Just report as free win, this isn't the 1st time coI avoided us, but last time they said only shoppa, WxW or T17, and now they're refusing WxW too? Pretty sad.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 08:53 PM »
We don't really have enough activity to just allow people to ask for specific clanners MI, we really really just don't...

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 06:12 AM »
When i only have time to play one scheme i ask for a specific scheme tus.. But i have always seen people ask for certain schemes when spamming for tus.. It hapoens and isnt against rules.

Also anyone who has problems with decisions made is free to make there own league and run it however they want.
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 06:15 AM »
You are naive thinking forcing rule will solve the problem. If such rule is set, people WON'T go "Damn I can't skip I have to play, let's give it my best, maybe we win". They'll go "Report free win". That's not more activity nor a solution. Just clogging TUS db with empty games.

Then again you will get pissed off about free wins and come here and ask for banning free wins. "IT'S THE MAIN LEAGUE OF W:A, GAMES MUST GET DONE, WTF ARE THESE FREE WINS?"

And yep, we set the no free win rule. You think people will be like "Damn we can't hand out free wins. Yep seems like there's no way out, they got us! Let's do our best!".  Well they will:

1. Quit playing TUS because they are forced to play schemes they don't like. (Remember how many times people said that in defend of TEL? "I just want to play Elite and in Classic I have to play other schemes")

2. They won't take the games seriously. Think about BnGs where people are just trying fancy shot which ultimately explode on themselves (Greenies). Think about WxW games which people are warming on the map, trying to pull their favorite trick. Isn't that against the quality of the league? We already have a bunch of these games.

Then what? Should we set a rule "YOU MUST BE SERIOUS IN ALL GAMES!! SEND US YOUR PICTURE WHILE PLAYING, WE MUST SEE TENSION IN YOUR FACE", then tons are people will come back to TUS because now we have proper rules. We'll have more activity happily ever after.

Notes:
  • Current rule set of TUS is protecting you. If you play your opponent's pick, there's no way out. They HAVE TO play your pick.
  • Current league system doesn't favor playing specific schemes. You'll gain less and less points.
  • They can't avoid a scheme in playoffs. They won't be winning any POs.

You guys are insisting to remove a pregame agreement rule. Seriously, before thinking about how good your rule is, first think about "what if it backfires".

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 06:56 AM »
Its up to that person to accept. If you don't want to step up, stay in the bleachers.

When it comes to league not everyone can be on at certain times. I know in my clan we have strong ropers and we have strong default players. We have had some tus call outs and have only asked to play defaults, if the other clan didn't want to do that we went back to AG and waited for the next group willing to do so. I'm not gonna send my defaulters in against ropers, and visa versa, that's asking for a loss. If your in a league and your working for points and ranking you want your best in that situation.

The rules state when one game is played the next must be played(if not then you get a free win). If no games are played there is just a disagreement. That's the rules and there is no changing them by personal position. Deal with it or GTFO

Also anyone in my opinion wiling to turn in a free win needs to take a look at themselves in the mirror... If your greed and desire outwieghs your self pride and respect then that's on you.. And trying to kick and scream at the referee because of the call made on the feild doesnt get you anywhere but in the hall of shame. your grown up, you heard the rules, act like a professional and accept it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:05 AM by Mayhem »
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline sm0k

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 06:59 AM »
1. Quit playing TUS because they are forced to play schemes they don't like. (Remember how many times people said that in defend of TEL? "I just want to play Elite and in Classic I have to play other schemes")

acutelly i see ppl quit tus coz of ur new sheme rules, coz i dont think all good clans just went inactive on same time. but nvm

and i still didnt get an answer. if every1 starts to ask for "tus any?" and then try to handle out 2 shemes they wanna play, it suck .. and im talking about this problem..  coz some ppl are just to stupid to ask for specifity shemes on ag. and i gave ur an example too.. what happens if i ask for tus on ag and then i dont agree on my opponents sheme? looks like im able to do that since there are no rules..  well as i said .. i can avoid some shemes this way against low ranking players and keep my points save..  or i can avoid rope shemes when im cold. i dont think this is the way a league should be.
But ye i ll start to do this way as long it dont gonna get fix.. and i belive another ppl too.. and this gonna make much more problems then setting a rule for it
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:02 AM by sm0k »

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 07:33 AM »
If this is the case you and your clan is a f@#!ing joke. You kick and scream asking for only certain schemes because of your own lack of skill and then blame it on others because they are better then you and you won't play against a better clan. You state the rules and I state why they are absurd . . . . .

Not kicking and screaming, and definitely not crying over why the rules are the way they are. If everyone had there way it would be a f@#!fest. We ask they accept or disagree end of story. This is where we separate the men from the boys.
Like i said if you cant accept it you don't have to deal with it simply take yourself somewhere else or make a league where you can make the rules and have them your way, tus isn't burger king.

Also if your gonna be throwing hissy fits and calling names my ex ol lady left a pack of tampons here, i think they might be your size.
BRING IT ON!!!!