Forums
May 04, 2024, 04:56 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Avoiding i guess  (Read 4784 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Avoiding i guess
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 07:54 AM »
Sorry but Dub-C is totally right (but would be better if he could do it with better manner).

Also, sm0k has an extremely good point, technically, these ridiculous rules mean we can ALL abuse the TuS points system, keep our points safe by avoiding whoever the hell we want @ whatever we want.

MI, you are seriously trying to tell us THAT is better/fairer than putting a simple rule that means people can't refuse certain schemes? If they don't want to play it, hire more players that DO enjoy those schemes !

All these clans, that choose and pick, like this, more or less NEVER even make Playoffs, so apparently, they don't even care about points, so why the hell do they do it?!

Well technically, Dub-C isn't RIGHT, cuz it's just an opinion after all, but I agree with him, and feel the current rule is just totally immoral to this League.

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 08:10 AM »

Also, sm0k has an extremely good point, technically, these ridiculous rules mean we can ALL abuse the TuS points system, keep our points safe by avoiding whoever the hell we want @ whatever we want.

Anyone can avoid at any time, simply dont answer the "TUS anyone?". Someone Pm's you asking "clanner?" dont answer. You are in PO position and don't want to lose position by risking a loss in a clanner, simply dont answer, there are lots of ways to avoid. some are more viewable than others.
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 08:19 AM »
Mayhem, you just described what is in my opinion, the biggest problem with this League, the fact that people actually want to avoid, and you helping to encourage this, is VERY disappointing.

Also, I am not talking about not playing when you have reached PO, I don't see a problem with that, I think it's ok to stop playing entirely once you reach the PO requirements, so you can focus on other things, and "simply don't answer" is just ignorant and a bad attitude to have in my opinion...

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28 AM »
I'm not encouraging, I'm just stating what i have witnessed over time. The whole point of this thread is about a disagreement amongst picks, people say that's avoiding. What i stated are different situations that are avoiding in the simplest form.

Unless you can force people to play games at certain times or set a game schedule avoiding will always be there. Choosing to play is up to the people. and since it is that way there is nothing that can be changed. Rules are there to help stabilize but nothing will ever be perfect.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:33 AM by Mayhem »
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Well, a disagreement over picks is avoiding, because you are avoiding to play a scheme you either don't like, or fear you will lose.

I'll just leave it at that, I don't see the point going on, I guess we will have to unfortunately accept the fact that some people want to avoid, and some people don't, and it also appears MI is afraid we will lose activity if we implement a rule that stops avoiding completely.

In this case, you simply cannot please everyone...

Offline Peja

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 10:32 AM »
acutelly i see ppl quit tus coz of ur new sheme rules, coz i dont think all good clans just went inactive on same time. but nvm

please give me an example for any clan which went inactive because of new scheme rules. you mentioned some clans in a tel game between breeze and ray. unfortunately  all these clans were already inactive/less active before this season started.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Ryan

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Stupid amount of petty aggression in this thread.

Avoiding is and always has been a problem in leagues.
People race into the playoffs then declare, not risking more points.

Even back in FB. I was probably the sort of person someone would want to avoid and had to experience it many times. Why would someone risk trying to win their pick and face an almost auto loss in mine (RR)
The people with the highest overall rating knew I would win the RR 99% so they had nothing to gain through potentially winning their pick.
This psychological avoiding is very undetectable, but it is part of league politics.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:37 AM by Ryan »

Offline Prankster

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 11:37 AM »

Anyone can avoid at any time, simply dont answer the "TUS anyone?". Someone Pm's you asking "clanner?" dont answer. You are in PO position and don't want to lose position by risking a loss in a clanner, simply dont answer, there are lots of ways to avoid. some are more viewable than others.

Integrate some kind of pick diversity and seasonal activity check into the point system!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Ah guys, don't take it so serious..

I think they are new guys here. They surely didn't know that they can ask for "clanner except wxw".

The players who are here for a long time won't do this mistake :D

This situation is just so unimportant, that it doesn't need a 3-pages long topic ;)

Offline Rogi

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 12:07 PM »
Why does this topic still exist? "Woow, big news! Very professional clan is avoiding someone!"
r u seriously ? should i write complains too ? database could be crashed coz of it xD

"Coi" is young clan, do u understand that ? Few players only start to play WA. We must support them, help, explain all. How the f@#! you wanna look for a newcomers on this site. If you blame the new players. Will it be so cool if they will stop to play clanners ?

We have to do nothing with avoiding, coz of our system of points. Maybe some "avoider's karma". 

______
aw, +1 Tomi

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 12:43 PM »
Indeed +1 Tomi and Rogi

Offline Tomi

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16 PM »
[OFF]
You can see +1, -1 system to the posts would be cool! :D
( https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tus-discussion/1-1-20470/ )
[/OFF]

Offline deejay

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Why does this topic still exist? "Woow, big news! Very professional clan is avoiding someone!"
r u seriously ? should i write complains too ? database could be crashed coz of it xD

"Coi" is young clan, do u understand that ? Few players only start to play WA. We must support them, help, explain all. How the f@#! you wanna look for a newcomers on this site. If you blame the new players. Will it be so cool if they will stop to play clanners ?

We have to do nothing with avoiding, coz of our system of points. Maybe some "avoider's karma". 

______
aw, +1 Tomi
It's besides the point if they're a " very pro clan(obviously you're joking)
But the point of this topic is to say; either learn to play schemes, designate before the game what schemes you'd prefer.
But when a clan refuses to play anything besides shopa or t17, they should get used to giving freewins (cause no one wants to play primarily luck based schemes, OR just don't clanner until they learn to play some other schemes.

Just because these players are noobs doesn't give them a free pass to avoid. And they need to be tought this before they continue this routine.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2013, 02:17 PM »
Tomi/Rogi, yeah, fair enough, but this isn't the 1st clan to "avoid" and it's bad for new clans to learn such bad habits.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2013, 02:27 PM »
how is your "support" concept? I'm asking it because i never saw anyone supporting nothing in TUS. If We really dont care about coI, We could play any pick what they agree to do, and We could get their points without any problem.

Also, no one coI member has been posted in that thread, so It sounds like They are no interested in how TUS works. So, imo, that discussion really is going to be useless. Reporting a free win most of the time is a lame, but unhapply sometimes people just learn in that way.