Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:13 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Complaint / Question  (Read 6108 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Complaint / Question
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I don't play them..  I was under the impression they always have that icon to click, to accept them.

Wally: themadcharles guy said there is already a feature like that, in advanced settings... dunno how true it is...

As I said, I thought by default I have to click to accept a big map... I had no reason to suspect it was big, focus on the gaps on the side, inspect the game before I placed my worms, or even ask... I assumed since it did not make me click, it was a standard size color png map

Mods need to make an updated rule, any modification to the scheme, or the map, that is not considered classic should be made well aware to opponents. It's simple...  I'm not sure we need to have an update because one guy is pulling trickery.

PS: walrus, did you check the screen shot of the map MI hosted? How exactly can you tell that it's a big map? MI suggested that because it has gaps on the side, it suggests it's a big map.. that's simply just not true... that looks no different then a ffie Mario map for example.. there is nothing stopping someone from making a narrow map.

So what's your truck to spotting the big map in this situation, that the rest of us are unfamiliar with?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:41 PM by avirex »

Offline Senator

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2016, 12:53 AM »
avirex,
1. You asked at a general level without attaching a replay so I answered at a general level: yes, you can use big Shopper maps and no, there's no rule that the host should inform about the map size. There was this "light up = agree" rule which seemed fine to me because I can easily spot large maps. Then I said you could request a new map when you haven't placed your worms. Again, I can see easily in the game if the map is notably bigger without actually roping.
2. it's a fact that in some schemes big maps are allowed while in some they are not. It wasn't my interpretation. I just figured out some possible reasons why it's like that. Like if you wan't a bordered Roper map, it limits the map size to 1920x696 while for Shopper there are no limits cos the maps can be borderless and made outside WA's map editor.
3. yes, I try to find generalizable rules for all the cases cos it makes things easier. That means no judging whether your first turn was successful or not. If I did judge the state of the game, yes, in this specific case a rematch request after the first turn would be as fine as when placing worms.

My opponents have never informed me about the map size when they have picked a large Shopper map. They have just lighted up and I've said no, I don't accept a big map. I can imagine they would have forgotten / not realized to inform me even if it had been obligatory because it's not exceptional that a Shopper map is bigger than 1920x696 these days. Your powered up zooka comparison is just awful cos the map preview is something people always look at before they light up.

So you want a rule that you must inform the opponent about a large map? OK, I already said it would be nice if the host did that. What if the host forgets to do that? How long can you play before requiring a map change? One turn? Even if you fail your turn?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:16 AM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 05:36 AM »
Oh please senator, your back pedaling..

Op : question/complaint

I agree I didn't post the replay, I planned to after I got an answer, but Peja did it for me.

You know you dropped the ball on this one dude, it's cool.. I don't care about the void anymore, I just wanted to make a point more or less... and hopefully I did, I don't think people should be taken advantage of like this.

It's not only about my taste in maps, but I can't see to rope in these maps, the screen does not follow fast enough, I know there is some key combo, but I don't know it (I pm Aladdin asking him if he knew) also it's very hard for me to find crates, where as others have patches.

So it did not come down to mypersonal map  preference, it came down to putting me at a clear disadvantage without me even agreeing to it...

Anyway, you MI and walrus have all told me about this secret way you have to point out big maps instantly from the thumb nail in the game lobby before you light...  I'm really interested in hearing this method from any of the 3 of you, because gaps on the side I just don't think is a good method. I feel like if I wanted I can recreate the exact thumb nail. In a legal size map... unless I'm mistaken that's not a valid way to know of is a big map or not... so please tell me how you can be so sure as you say, so I can avoid these troubles in the future... honestly that's all I really want.. if there is a way to determine without light that I'm not aware of, then this was a misunderstanding on my part, and I had no reason to complain... I can't be mad at my own lack of knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:38 AM by avirex »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 07:03 AM »
I know there is some key combo, but I don't know it
one doesn't simply rtfm >>> http://worms2d.info/Controls <<< plus there's a local copy of W:A manual available in W:A root folder

Ctrl + Home
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Senator

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Nah man. You spread false statements about what I have said/mean't so I wanted to correct you. "Biased interpretations of the rules" is not correct. Other mods wouldn't void a Shopper game that was played on large map but they would void a TTRR game that was played on a Big RR map.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38 AM »
@avirex,

For the record, I never claimed that empty spaces equals big map.  This is what I said:

There are empty spaces on both sides of the preview, which is clearly saying that's not a normal sized map. Big maps could fit all those spaces if they have the same aspect ratio, but then the game will give you the big map warning.
So you (and Aladdin) failed to notice the map doesn't look normal-sized, you teleported your worms, played your first turn and then started complaining?

It literally takes ONE GLANCE at the map preview to see that the map isn't normal-sized. After you make such simple observation, it makes you curious. So you ask the host "is that a big map or is it a narrow map?"

Frankly, I find it interesting how you can't take responsibility for a simple mistake of yours and act like you're completely the victim of bad rules.

I feel like if I wanted I can recreate the exact thumb nail. In a legal size map... unless I'm mistaken that's not a valid way to know of is a big map or not... so please tell me how you can be so sure as you say, so I can avoid these troubles in the future...

As far as I know the game generates the thumbnail. I see no reason the game allows you to make your custom thumbnail. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 12:18 PM »
It literally takes ONE GLANCE at the map preview to see that the map isn't normal-sized. After you make such simple observation, it makes you curious. So you ask the host "is that a big map or is it a narrow map?"

Frankly, I find it interesting how you can't take responsibility for a simple mistake of yours and act like you're completely the victim of bad rules.

It's actually a horrible feeling when you see the people in control making unreasonable statements like this.

Similar to what I said in the other thread, the majority of games in Classic League are played in normal sized maps, so the majority of players can possibly be caught off guard with a big map, surprise surprise, 4 very well respected and talented players have been caught like this...(That we only discovered in last few days alone.)

"such simple observation" - Who are you? God? Do you see all and know all? Humans are not perfect, not everyone knows the ins and out of everything, not everyone notices the "signs"...

It is not a mistake of avirex, it should be the hosts responsibility to alert ALL players(even his own clan) for picking a rare and abnormal map type.

Not only is it more logical, it's good manners and promotes a healthy spirit.

What you propose infuriates more people than making a rule so the host should alert the players to any abnormal map sizes.

Offline RIP

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 12:26 PM »

It's actually a horrible feeling when you see the people in control making unreasonable statements like this.

Similar to what I said in the other thread, the majority of games in Classic League are played in normal sized maps, so the majority of players can possibly be caught off guard with a big map, surprise surprise, 4 very well respected and talented players have been caught like this...(That we only discovered in last few days alone.)

"such simple observation" - Who are you? God? Do you see all and know all? Humans are not perfect, not everyone knows the ins and out of everything, not everyone notices the "signs"...

It is not a mistake of avirex, it should be the hosts responsibility to alert ALL players(even his own clan) for picking a rare and abnormal map type.

Not only is it more logical, it's good manners and promotes a healthy spirit.

What you propose infuriates more people than making a rule so the host should alert the players to any abnormal map sizes.
u kidding me? if be they had the victory, how in previous games they would have remained silent.
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-202703/
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-213479/
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33 PM »
u kidding me? if be they had the victory, how in previous games they would have remained silent.

What difference does it make who wins? Everybody loses, and can accept defeat happily, the point here is about notifying participating players of special map types before the game begins.

It's not the end of the world lol, but surely the person who wants to use a different type of map, should be the person to stand up and inform the other players? "Hi, it's a big map, ok?", especially as there is a rule which means it's possible to refuse a map and request a change.

Offline RIP

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2016, 12:54 PM »

What difference does it make who wins? Everybody loses, and can accept defeat happily, the point here is about notifying participating players of special map types before the game begins.

It's not the end of the world lol, but surely the person who wants to use a different type of map, should be the person to stand up and inform the other players? "Hi, it's a big map, ok?", especially as there is a rule which means it's possible to refuse a map and request a change.
Hi, it's RIP and he like big maps. 4 players who now avoid it can asking me for a map in shopper.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2016, 01:48 PM »
it should be the hosts responsibility to alert ALL players(even his own clan) for picking a rare and abnormal map type.

Finally somebody has thought about me too! :D i was suffering there too, not only you! Or do you think i played any big map shopper in the last 3-4 years? Guess what, no ^^ but i am that generation of wormers who started this game when there were a lot of tower / big rr hosts, so i kinda remembered how to play these maps. They require only some big map experience, which is not bad to have at all. You are maybe just too oldschool and didn't play towers with those noobs, but only tus games. Anyway, it was good to bring back some memories, so thx rip :D

To the ones crying here: you can always ask to change the map, because teams must agree on the map. And I also suggest you to turn on the feature TheMadCharles suggested some posts ago (maybe it should be automatic in the game?), so you can be sure about the map size. Now you lost about 20 points, next time you can ask to change the map if you don't want to play it and problem is solved. (Or you can try out something "new") In my opinion these maps can bring some color into this league, so i am not against them, but i guess from now on only tdc might apply to play such a map ^^

Offline avirex

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2016, 05:39 PM »
I love when people don't read the thread and just jump in and make comments that mean shit.

There was not a single person that said they were against big maps in the league.. if Tomi and rip want to go play big map Tue games, enjoy yourself.

But I should not have to, and I should not be tricked into it... EVERY piece of evidence points to me not knowing it was a big map, I asked for a RH, and this guy raged, calling me a pussy etc. And you mods are just rewarding him for his behavior.. it's really quite surprising how your acting..

Monkey Island: there is a wxw that I know of that is very short, and narrow (gaps on sides) but it's not a big map, it's just rather small, not utilizing all of the classic map size capabilities.. so what your suggesting is I have to be untrusting of everyone and I now have to ask all the time if it's a big map or not, rather then the very simple, and very logical alternative of the host informing every one involved in the game that it's a big map? Are you guys even serious? Or is this some kind of Halloween joke?

Offline RIP

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2016, 05:52 PM »
I love when people don't read the thread and just jump in and make comments that mean shit.

There was not a single person that said they were against big maps in the league.. if Tomi and rip want to go play big map Tue games, enjoy yourself.

But I should not have to, and I should not be tricked into it... EVERY piece of evidence points to me not knowing it was a big map, I asked for a RH, and this guy raged, calling me a pussy etc. And you mods are just rewarding him for his behavior.. it's really quite surprising how your acting..

Monkey Island: there is a wxw that I know of that is very short, and narrow (gaps on sides) but it's not a big map, it's just rather small, not utilizing all of the classic map size capabilities.. so what your suggesting is I have to be untrusting of everyone and I now have to ask all the time if it's a big map or not, rather then the very simple, and very logical alternative of the host informing every one involved in the game that it's a big map? Are you guys even serious? Or is this some kind of Halloween joke?
OMG You explained a few people, and MI. If you still do not understand, go and read from the beginning.

Offline Husk

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2016, 11:42 PM »
RIP is one of the best trolls of TUS xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2016, 01:51 AM »
RIP is one of the best trolls of TUS xD

if by troll you mean, he types a bunch of bullshit, that nobody really takes much notice to, or even bothers responding, then yes... hes a hell of a troll :D

there has not been one post by him, that i could understand more then 50% of his message, and i can only imagine everyone else is in the same shoes as me, considering no one ever responds to him.. lol its almost as if his posts are not even there.

PS: MI, i know your waiting in hopes that senator wakes up, and smells the coffee, because your not going to over rule him...  but, that's not going to happen... senator is stuck in his twisted head that abnormal maps are the norm around here.

so, just lock this thread. its done.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:54 AM by avirex »