Forums
May 08, 2024, 12:29 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] game #17048 dub vs phantonn  (Read 4959 times)

[SOLVED] game #17048 dub vs phantonn
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:30 AM »
sorry dub but u actually did break a rule, you shouldof just skipped even tho it was such a small thing

AFR/AFC = Attack from rope or parachute  

if you break any of these rules you must skip your next turn, but your allowed to collect your crate, if you break a rule more then once the game will be void or given to your opponent at the mods discretion

i actually would like afr to be removed too, but this game needs to be void

maybe we can have a vote to change it if alot of people want to
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:37 AM by WookA »

Offline Csongi

Re: game #17048 dub vs phantonn
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 10:04 AM »
lal xD
without afr in shoppa,the scheme woulda become much more easier^^(it's easy atm too,but...)
i don't think that's a good idea  :P
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Actually I think it don't make a difference. You you don't afr, you can't hide anymore.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Yep , doesnt make much of a difference, you might have some advantage with some weapons when you shoot them not from rope, zook e.g. Actually i never understood why shoppa is played afr in WWP but not in WA (at least some oldschoolers always insist on no afr, if i think more about it its actually only Chicken23 who ever insisisted on no afr on shoppas xD). As MI said, more of tactical decision whether you make use of it or not. Not having the afr rule would make attacks kinda easier i guess, dont know if that is wanted...

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:08 PM »
As for breaking a rule, I ask for a little common sense. It was a drill, i didnt shoot bird to the air from ground, i did 8 damage. He didnt tell me i cowed till 2 turns after and i didnt know wtf he was talking about. This is just a case of a poor sport trying to get out of a loss.

Plus it had no effect on the outcome. I will be very dissapointed in the system if this game is voided because of a drill not on a rope, that he didnt tell me about till long after the fact.

This is a big waste of time for everyone, phanton can just suck it up and take his loss like a man and a good sport then trying to get out of a loss on a technicality.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:48 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Phanton

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Yes, it may have taken little hp, but rules are rules, and I asked numerous times to you skip, and you became a fool, saying that they understood, I now is I'll be disappointed if that is not canceled or canceled .. . because if this will turn into a mess ... think well, if one did, and nothing is done, imagine 100 players doing this will turn into a mess, and one thing I'm sure that if it was me who had done cow and had won it would also be complaining, and I say this not in victory or points and such, but the breakdown of simple rules and lack of complicity of the player, saying it is a waste of time that .... the forun was made for that my friend (discussions, chat and such), if not for that would then ...

No more recent>>> Phantom ???
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:50 PM »
You didnt call me a cow and a noob till well after the fact. I didnt know i drilled off the rope. When u asked to skip i just finished a turn where i did not cow. I asked how icow'd n u couldnt answer. It had no effect on the game drilling on rope or off rope had no effect on the game. That accidental drill off rope does not deserve a skip which in that situation would have been a gross over penalty for the action.

Take your loss like a man and
 a good sport instead of whining an trying to get out of a game you clearly loss.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:28 PM by Dub-c »

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:18 PM »
 i agree this is pretty unsporting to complain about, if i was phanton i would actually be happy that u hit yourself with grave damage

but as said... rules were broken and if phanton feels it needs to be void then we have to void it

im gonna open a vote on the afr thing

edit: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/afr-in-shopper/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:51 PM by WookA »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I think common sense and discretion should be used in this case. If it had no affect on the outcome then it should not b void. PLUS he could not tell me how i cow'd!!! He told me well after the fact. If cant tell me when or how i cowed how am i expected to skip?

Watch the replay and then the time he told me to skip. It made no sense to me. This game should not get voided and phanton should be taught a valuable life lesson in the mean time

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48 PM »
can another mod post something please?  it sux modding a complaint like this when it involves your clan m8

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22 AM »
I re-watched the game. I was wrong he did say cow right after it happened. I just didn't look at my chat until I said "What?". Either way the drill had no effect on the game. I purposely without thinking fell on him to drill. With the numerous seconds I had I could have drilled on the rope but out of habit and lack of thought I didn't. Using the drill not on the rope and using a zook while not on the rope to shoot someone who is hid above you in a hide you cant get at is a big difference and in my opinion the reason why the rule was put in place in the first place. The infraction however did not warrant a skipped turn. I did 8 damage to his worm killing him and it did more then 8 damage to me in grave damage. He continued playing until the end in case he won and couldn't tell me when or how I cow'd and because I didn't know I did cow, I would not skip. It was poor sportsmanship that he even asked me to skip and at the very least should have explained to me when and how I skipped. He had lost the game and was looking for anyway to get out of the loss.

Rules are rules but everything is up for interpretation and there is always a grey area. Marijuana is illegal to have in your system in the Olympics. A Canadian snowboarder got caught with a trace amount of marijuana in his system after he won the gold medal. If rules were strictly the rules he would have lost his gold medal and it would have been a travesty. However, the IOC [mods] decided that the trace amount of marijuana did not make him win the gold medal and they allowed him to keep his gold medal and I should be able to keep this win.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:34 AM by Dub-c »

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 06:32 AM »
I agree with Dub on this one! This is like complaining when some1 does a mistake thats against the rules but goes in ur own favour. if this in any way effected the game it was in Phanton's favour. And Im sure it have been several situations like this b4 Phantonn without ppl complaining, clearly cause it was in theire own favour. u know that dub easy could have killed u there without getting grave dmg and a worse hide. Then the whole " a rule is a rule" thing gets a bit 2 cheesy 2 say imo. I mean, a rule is a rule, but fair play and a bit of common sense is more important. There's a saying; every rule has an exeption. This is clearly one of those lol.

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 08:16 AM »
Phanton is a fair player. I know him enough to say that.
We have had such complaints in the past, remember crash beat maciej in elite with skipwalking that didn't affect the game?
As we said before, we don't wanna open door to 'My cow didn't affect the game' complaints.
For this game, I think even using drill without rope gave phanton an advantage. But rules are rules.
I think the game must be void. If you feel unhappy about it, you can wait for Rok's asnwer.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 12:20 PM »
" my cow didn't affect the game " this rule shud be added

Offline Guaton

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 01:32 PM »
lmao , skipwalking is cheat xDDD

youuu cheaterrr!!!!