Forums
May 06, 2024, 06:12 AM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41954 times)

Offline darKz

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 11:25 AM »
That's your opinion Dave, definitely not a fact. ;)

This thread is going absolutely nowhere again. Who would've thought.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33 AM »
yeh, topic is going to nowhere, just delete hysteria from classic league and everyone will be happy (except few noobs, but who really cares)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 11:40 AM »
That's your opinion Dave, definitely not a fact. ;)

This thread is going absolutely nowhere again. Who would've thought.

Yeah, sorry, but I honestly feel that way.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Whooosah guys!

Offline rU`

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Agreed. Take it off from the league already. But don't replace it with something else, just remove it.

Make it suitable for Free League, so new comers can keep playing it there.

Surely if they want to get to play the real league they will have to pay the price of learning the real schemes. This way the classic league don't get f@#!ed up with hysteria.

Seriously, having such scheme in the classic league is a joke.
I personally have no respect for those who have a good rating in hyst, since it's not a good reference of skill.

...but who the f@#! wants to watch some side zooking bullshit scheme where killing ur own worms/dying is most often useful.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Free

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Enough with the off-topic, it's TIME to do something with this.

Darkz doesn't have time, Komito is over-reacting as usual, lame but effective hysteria tactics doesn't take month to learn.

I'm ready to take up the challenge, 1-2 weeks is enough for me. I've seen enough hysteria games to know what's the effective tactics in what kind of starting positions and either start piling with worm advantage while trying and/or take control of the sides and shoot lame ass zooks for 30 minutes unless someone forces SD, then pray for god. Just watch yesterdays PO final hysteria. cFc has his "kaleu" the top hysteria player and the game ends on SD after really f@#!ing boring side zooking war after water was too high and Statik missed the last critical shot.

TOP LEVEL GAMING and it ends like any other lame ass hysteria if you just have the patience to play the "effective" way, which most population doesn't have.

Offline HHC

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 12:21 PM »
I like things the way they are. Hyst in classic cause most popular. Aerial in HAL and Free cause still popular, but perhaps not the same re-play value.

Randomsteria isnt a solution either IMO. It fixes the telecow issue somewhat, but in return introduces the element of sheer luck.

I don't think you can effectively tackle the telecow and side-hide issue without seriously violating the scheme. So you'll just have to put up with it.

And boys, sup with the drama already? Komo threatening to hack TUS, Crazy wanting to throw people in front of cars, lol, sup! Rage issues? Saunatime with Free!

Offline Prankster

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 12:25 PM »
So every scheme where the top players can beat others is okay to be in Classic league? Is this the criteria? Damn, we'll have big variety of schemes, HHC will be happy :)

Offline Free

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Think how competitively played hysteria looks to the outsiders eyes, would he ever want to play a game where he thinks he would die of boredom?

"Hey eSport crew, check out what we have to offer, a game that we consider to be one of the greatest ever when it comes to gameplay and skill, look at what we play in our competitive league" Then they watch us killing ourselves and 1v1 sidezooking until SD comes and other player hits first.

f@#!ing awesome.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Komo threatening to hack TUS,

No no no, you read wrong lol, i'd never do that lol, just expressing how strongly I feel.

Offline HHC

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Was a very poor choice of words then Komo  :(

@Free: there are only very few schemes that are versatile, exciting and 'classic'. Only Elite IMO... and maybe SHOPPA  :-X Maybe rename classic into TEL?  ;D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Yeah pretty stupid thing to say really... Sorry.

Offline HHC

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Guess you are right Free.

*just played Chelsea*

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 02:00 PM »
Guess you are right Free.

*just played Chelsea*

hahahha xDDD

bad loser ? xDDDDDD
https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/game-138154/

Offline HHC

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 02:04 PM »
maybe, but IMO both games resolved entirely on questionable tactics.

First game you plop your 80 worm right away which puts me in a horrible position.
Then it's off to hiding on sides. Then I just start teleing across the map to force SD, so it all comes down to 1 shot.
2nd game same shit. I'm in a real nice lead until you start telecowing the f@#! out of me.

You were the right winner though, you played really well.
But it's the question whether a decent scheme should approve of first turn suicides to get an advantage or telecowing in general.

It's still against my heart to sacrifice full HP worms. And I'm afraid that's what the scheme is becoming once it's played on top level.

Your and che's approach are really awful in that respect. I guess the rest of the community needs to stoop down to your level to make the balance even.
Placing your worms together makes up for some reasonable counter tactic, but in the 2nd game i had 3 full power worms vs 1 full HP and one 20-HP. And I still get owned in that telecow-fight even though my worms were put as close together as possible. It just sucks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:08 PM by HHC »