Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:34 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41942 times)

Offline Chelsea

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 02:11 PM »
Hmm :D

1st game -> I plooped my 80 hp worm coz bad position and 3 other worms had good positions, you should ploop 1 your worm too and play 3 vs 3 :P

2nd game -> u killed your worm xD (1stly by bad nade and later special fly ti mine), so I plooped my 80 hp :P
later u had vn nade and I wanted kill 2 my worms but missed xD and played 2 vs 3 xD

later u played really well.... xD Till you go too much right xd and my teledie 2/2 hp and ploop you gg xDD

Offline HHC

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 02:18 PM »
So sacrificing 80hp worms is the way to go.

Btw, this works in shopper too, plop your very first worm and you can pile all game. => 90% chance at win.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 02:25 PM »

Btw, this works in shopper too, plop your very first worm and you can pile all game. => 90% chance at win.

Ye xD but In shoppa I never ploop my worm xD

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54 PM »
5 pages in less than 24 hours? :D

I had very negative opinion about hysteria when I started playing again few months ago.
I found out its the easiest scheme to learn in the classic league, indeed (yet I had no desire of learning it).
Since then I softened my heart just a little, enough to accept it as a funny scheme. Perfect for free league or even a separate league since it is so popular (HAL).

I'd really like to see that 2-weeks or 1-month challenge going and see how good could someone motivated become during that short period of time.
And if it doesnt turn out as expected I'd gladly accept hyst in the classic league once for good and start learning myself.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Free

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 03:01 PM »
I remember some games where I start to plop my worms in 1st turn cos bad position and so did opponent and then its was just 1v1, didn't bother to side zooking cos would die of boredom but the scheme needs tweaking, its just horrible. I cant believe some of you cant see how broken it is.

@HHC and Chelsea. Dont hate the player, hate the game (scheme).

Same as notching, no need to blame notching players because they use the game engine to most effective way possible. Franz suggested /teststuff to disable notching, but the rule needs to be forced first.

Same as Hysteria seriously needs to be fixed. Huge mistake by adding it way too fast as a default league scheme.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:05 PM by Free »

Offline Free

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 03:08 PM »

I'd like to see games where this works in general. 90% is a big number to throw in, but I can see the idea behind it.

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 03:09 PM »
people who trying to remove notching is simply lazy-ass players who cant manage to learn notching themselve. So unfair, you can notch, and Im not, f@#!ing stupid notching, lets remove it from league, lets play with test stuff but at least you wont notch ahah

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2013, 03:20 PM »

I'd like to see games where this works in general. 90% is a big number to throw in, but I can see the idea behind it.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-10476/
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2013, 03:27 PM »
Yeah it's never a good idea to plop a worm at the start, it f@#!ed me up many times Free. It's the same principle as just plopping your worm during placement phase. Especially as the 2nd player this is a good idea because you are piled from the start then.

Offline Phanton

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Random00, Gabriel, Casso.. Kaleu.. Phanton   xD
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Rogi

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2013, 04:06 PM »
What the hell do you suggest? Replace aerial to hyst ? i hate aerial more than hyst... imo, not hyst, not aerial cant be in league
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Free

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2013, 04:10 PM »

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-10476/

You could also reply to the topic in hand instead just this post.

I see no first turn ploppage, there was damage done before any worms were plopped and Phanton missed a crucial attack + kill, otherwise it was pretty even game. Definately no 90%

If it's so big of an advantage to plop ur first worm to get advantage, why dont people do it all the time in shoppas?

Also I'd like to add that hiding smartly (for example on edges when you try to pile, it might leave enough distance to un-pile) also removes some of the piling advantage. I wish I had one rope clanner replay when I was in bOr and we were in bad 2v1 situation with opponent having worm advantage and we hid on edges so when opponent tried to pile, he was forced to fall down and that left us distance to un-pile. We ultimately won the game because of that smart hiding tactic.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:55 PM by Free »

Offline Free

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2013, 04:12 PM »
What the hell do you suggest? Replace aerial to hyst ? i hate aerial more than hyst... imo, not hyst, not aerial cant be in league

If you read the actual thread, it says "Ban" but I also dont want the general activity to go down because Hysteria gets totally removed, but I'd want to either ban it totally or tweak it to make a scheme which aint so effin stupid and boring and lame and totally not competitive.

Offline mae

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2013, 04:31 PM »
Free, repeat after me: "TUS anyone? I will only play if you don't pick hysteria."
Agree before the game, though. Probably best to do it in the game lobby, so then at least you have a log to show for.

Idem.

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013, 04:31 PM »
If hyst wasn't competitive, Casso wouldn't be dominating it. Simple as that. You can argue all you want about the type of play. I don't like competitive hysteria as its played, but it it's a fact that it is competitive. Until you inderstand that, Free, there's no point talking to you.

Remember that bad intermediate players also consider intermediate to be very dependant on luck and you know that that's bullshit.

Dont't even think for a second that no game has lame flaws like this, just look at spawnkilling in shooters. Having a rant isn't going to change anything. Change happens because good ideas are put in place and enough people want it. Calling people who like hysteria noobs is only making it less likely to get anything changed and it doesn't make mods eager to help you either.