Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:22 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41809 times)

Offline Husk

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #555 on: August 21, 2016, 05:14 AM »
yah that asswell xD mole... less zookas...

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 21, 2016, 05:15 AM »
i think less bazookas would encourage players to go for darksiding until they make a nice bunker
it'd become a mole shopper xD
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 21, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Kamikaze works well as an anti-darkside measure and it also serves as an encouragement to not kill your own worms increasing the chances of the first half of the game actually mattering
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Almog

« Reply #558 on: August 21, 2016, 09:23 PM »
just decrease time to sd from 10sec (/missed turns) to 5.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #559 on: August 22, 2016, 06:36 AM »
Why is komodo banned ? Id find out myself but I dont like reading post that are more then 3 lines long....

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Husk

« Reply #560 on: August 22, 2016, 08:27 AM »
aeee
pizza
this
has
more
than
lines
sorry
m8
xD

oh and I dunno =P

Offline Almog

« Reply #561 on: August 22, 2016, 08:37 AM »
he was saying something about ISIS

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #562 on: August 22, 2016, 03:52 PM »
i second this

Offline Peja

« Reply #563 on: August 22, 2016, 03:54 PM »
i second this
To make the scheme even worse? Hysteria already lacks any early/midgame, sd timer with 5 is an instant comeback mechanism

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #564 on: August 22, 2016, 04:41 PM »
i second this
To make the scheme even worse? Hysteria already lacks any early/midgame, sd timer with 5 is an instant comeback mechanism
id say its the exact opposite, easier to push the guy sidehiding for zook wind out of his hide, comebacks are easier if the water isnt rising

Offline Peja

« Reply #565 on: August 22, 2016, 04:51 PM »
i second this
id say its the exact opposite, easier to push the guy sidehiding for zook wind out of his hide, comebacks are easier if the water isnt rising
SD always helps the one being behind because it does nullify the hp advantage, instead of hitting a 80 hp worm twice, you can 1 shot.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 22, 2016, 05:01 PM »
yeah Walrus, Hysteria suffers from NBA regular season syndrome

you're on auto-cruise until PO

we need ways to actually make comebacks harder because they're too easy right now to the point having an advantage is not so. Kamikaze is one of the few weapons that does both fit the scheme and help solve this issue by giving those with a worm advantage the possibility of hitting those in a darkside spot trying to telecow their way back into the game
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #567 on: August 23, 2016, 05:54 AM »
@peja, slayer, theredi,

Those discussions belonged to the refugee thread. Please use the site PM function to discuss it further among yourselves.
Offtopic posts deleted.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Almog

« Reply #568 on: August 23, 2016, 06:51 AM »
The darksider is usually the one with less HP. By promoting SD you force him to tele on top and then u have a first shot at him. That enables you to (i) kill him, if his HP is low enough, which usually is; or (ii) at least push him. If you don't make this shot work, then you are probably not skilled enough and deserve to lose.

And talking from personal experience, promoting SD is a strategy I take quite often, and it works nearly everytime. The only thing bugging me is that I need to skip 10 turns.  I suggest everyone posting on this thread (who barely even plays TUS) give this small change a chance and see how it goes, and stop proposing dramatic changes which we all know won't happen.

Offline Senator

« Reply #569 on: August 23, 2016, 07:45 AM »
If you make comebacks harder, random placements play a bigger role?

5 sec SD was tested in experimental season #32 and it got abandoned. The good thing about low activity is that now we could make even drastic changes without the fear of losing activity.