Forums
May 12, 2024, 10:47 AM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42099 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #525 on: August 20, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Roper could use tweaking yes but T17 has very complex strats to hold and counter advantageous situations, personally I would add static homing from the start to make up for cr8 luck.

Hyst in the other has very little effective strats because of points mentioned earlier, imo. Im ready to "prove" that effective means boring in hysteria. Side zook tactics and telecow is the way to go

This is MUCH better free!

I agree, Hysteria has less strategies and tactics than Elite/Team17, but it has more strategies than for example, WxW, Roper and even TTRR :P and they are all as competitive as each other, as much as I hate Shopper, it's still up there with the rest in terms of being competitive.

And there are more tactics in Hysteria than you mention, for example if side zook and telecow are your strongest tactics I imagine you being overwhelmed by an opponent like Xrayez, his BnG skills are incredible as well as staying ahead of the game, he is very good at thinking on the spot.

No one really thought about tactics in BnG until I came around either and made things like pushing, digging, opening a thing.

Hysteria has some stupid/annoying turtle strategies, but I would hardly say its anywhere near as boring as t17. 

Team17 is by far more fun than Shopper though.

You should play against top T17'ers (Senator, Chelsea etc.) to understand how deep T17 nowadays can be. IMO it has evolved a lot these past couple of years

I don't think it's any more or less complex than it was 10 years ago, and I actually enjoy Team17 Clanners now, but Singles bores the sh*t out of me now(regardless of the scheme), I love collaborating and teamwork, the things I find most fun about Team17 and Elite nowadays is coming up with those awesome 1 turn ideas that can turn a match around or give you a huge advantage, and actually pulling them off like a boss :)

But PLEASE, don't say Hysteria scheme is broke, because it isn't :/

Offline ANO

« Reply #526 on: August 20, 2016, 10:34 AM »
still discussing about this? auhuahauh

Offline Senator

« Reply #527 on: August 20, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Defending a draw is too easy in T17. You get usually no more than two SD weapons in a game => try to keep at least 3 worms alive till the end and you get away at least with a draw. Last night I picked T17 against daiNa. After a draw I changed to Elite cos I knew we might play more draws :D

I think Hysteria is not "broken" but it's easy to learn and it's a small margin game, pretty much like Shopper (in Shopper there's crate luck too). Beginners can have a much closer game against the best players in Hysteria than in Elite, TTRR, WxW, Roper, BnG.

Offline Free

« Reply #528 on: August 20, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Amount of playing to be effective and winning player in hysteria is poor compared to Rr for example. One could teach hyst strats to any beginner in a day and he would be successful against good players compared to years of grinding Rr to match against good players, catch my drift?

Offline Almog

« Reply #529 on: August 20, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Amount of playing to be effective and winning player in hysteria is poor compared to Rr for example. One could teach hyst strats to any beginner in a day and he would be successful against good players compared to years of grinding Rr to match against good players, catch my drift?

Which, to some reasoning, makes Hyst a better scheme than TTRR. Who has the time, or will, to practice so much to match those skills of the top racers?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #530 on: August 20, 2016, 11:36 AM »
I think Hysteria is not "broken" but it's easy to learn and it's a small margin game, pretty much like Shopper (in Shopper there's crate luck too). Beginners can have a much closer game against the best players in Hysteria than in Elite, TTRR, WxW, Roper, BnG.

That is not true at all, i'd like to see any beginner come even close to beating Xrayez in Hysteria.

Now this is coming from the best BnG player ever, BnG is easier to learn from scratch than Hysteria, so is TTRR and Roper and even WxW.

Elite is harder to learn from scratch because it has more tactics and more weapons to learn.

TTRR is the easiest scheme in the world to learn, but one of the hardest to master.

When using the term "Beginner" this actually means someone who has never played Worms before, they wouldn't stand a f**king chance against the best Hysteria players, even after a month of playing let alone a day.

No, because this is blatent lies.

For starters there are no tactics to TTRR, it's basically a physical sport, fitter and more active people naturally gifted with fast reactions are more likely to be better at this.

Hysteria is a game of accuracy and patience, predicting your opponents moves and trying to stay one step ahead.

It's actually easier for a noob to win in TTRR because a skilled player could plop all worms and the noob could safely rope to the end.

But saying that a noob could get a few totally lucky shots off in Hysteria and beat a skilled player.

But in both schemes the more skilled player will pretty much always win and is expected to do so.

The only reason you guys are any good at Hysteria in the 1st place is because you have previous experience with the game in general.

If we are talking about someone who has never even played Worms before, TTRR is easier to learn than Hysteria, because there is less involved, it's like teaching someone how to ride a bike versus operate a vehicle, the bike being TTRR.

But TTRR takes longer to get to the best in the world because it's played more than Hysteria, and it's a shame you guys don't even realize stuff like this but whatever, it's your lives, we can't all be open to the truth like me ;)

Offline Almog

« Reply #531 on: August 20, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Heh, nice one.

Offline Senator

« Reply #532 on: August 20, 2016, 11:48 AM »
Sry meant weaker player with beginner.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Keep Hysteria, get rid of team17 and shopper and replace them with Intermediate and big RR!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Sry meant weaker player with beginner.

Cool :)

I'm not denying Hysteria games are close towards the end, but that's just the nature of it, the same thing happens often in Roper, Shopper and Team17, and many other schemes.

Like, 3+ years ago I was in my prime at BnG, with a Singles percentage of over 99% but still some games my health came down to under 44, i'd consider that VERY close(1 shot away from losing, but always in control).

Without a doubt Hysteria LOOKS easy at times, and looks ridiculous at times, the 1st time I saw Chelsea plopping worms straight away I was left scratching my head thinking "What the f**k is this cracker doing..."

However if you truly understand Worms Armageddon and appreciate it in all it's glory, it all makes sense in it's own way it does not make it any less competitive or skilled.

@spleen17 - I think Classic League needs to be changed completely, Big RR is definitely good enough, and Darts.

Offline Peja

« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2016, 12:35 PM »
hysteria is broken since the majority of the games could have a different outcome if one player would hit a specific shot instead of missing it. no matter how good you are, you are usually just 1 shot away from losing.
90% of the time the winner is decided by BnG, Komo is the best BnG player ever, yet he got owned countless times by less skilled players. this scheme is on the same level as shopper/t17, people pick it because they can sneak a win against better players who would destroy them in top tier schemes like ttrr, elite, bng.
it has less tactical variety than elite, its not efficent in shooting mechanics because of limited turntime. the only creative part of this scheme is using the jp or LG drops, but its only a gimmick, you can do fine playing without them. the scheme defining skill is a mixture between poor mans bng and simple terrain abuse.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Poor little Peja doesn't understand the world :)

As i've already said Hysteria isn't as popular as Elite, there are actually few great players in Hysteria, this is why a lot of games look like that, because most of the people playing are casual and kinda suck. The same thing happens in other schemes where both players aren't skilled/experienced enough yet.

"1 specific shot" can win/lose pretty much any scheme. Stop being so close minded man, you are one of the most stubborn minded, uneducated people on this website, or at least that's how you come across, harassing people, moaning about everything, you constantly go on rants like this without providing ANY evidence whatsoever.

TUS would be a better place already if people like you just kept their mouth shut.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #537 on: August 20, 2016, 01:21 PM »
What is Xrayez's HAL win%

Offline Peja

« Reply #538 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24 PM »
Poor little Peja doesn't understand the world :)

As i've already said Hysteria isn't as popular as Elite, there are actually few great players in Hysteria, this is why a lot of games look like that, because most of the people playing are casual and kinda suck. The same thing happens in other schemes where both players aren't skilled/experienced enough yet.

"1 specific shot" can win/lose pretty much any scheme. Stop being so close minded man, you are one of the most stubborn minded, uneducated people on this website, or at least that's how you come across, harassing people, moaning about everything, you constantly go on rants like this without providing ANY evidence whatsoever.

TUS would be a better place already if people like you just kept their mouth shut.

its about the importance of 1 specific shot, in BnG there have been many hits before the final blow, however you can win hysteria with just 1 hit. in a scheme were people can kill their own worms without much drawback there is an easy road to reach lategame. you dont need any skills to bring you into a position from where you can win the game. you could just fart at your screen during your first 6 turns and still win the game, which you cant do in elite, ttrr etc.

PS:
you are the last person to judge other peoples education, you did not know the meaning of slavs, you denied the existence of mental illness and drug addiction. you are 30 years old, its not like you are some 8 year old kid who knows nothing about the world. i am pretty sure you did never attend any university, so stop calling people uneducated who did.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 20, 2016, 01:37 PM »
No one really thought about tactics in BnG until I came around either and made things like pushing, digging, opening a thing.

lmao

also, how long has this Xrayez guy played Hysteria for?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:39 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.