Forums
May 11, 2024, 09:44 AM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42075 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Some people are just wired to their set opinions, there is nothing wrong with the scheme, that is a fact.

It doesn't matter if you kill your own worms or not, sometimes suicide is beneficial in other schemes too like Elite Team17 Roper Wxw etc, people don't complain there...

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad.

Stop being silly.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #511 on: August 19, 2016, 06:42 PM »
Watch this one and think again
http://wormolympics.com/tournaments/replay_info/33787
If anything this is a good example of why the scheme is absolutely retarded. You kill your own worms, darkside, force sudden death and generally play it so your opponent has exactly 1 shot on you the whole game (the one at the very end, where he could've won if the zook hit). Nice comet dodging style of scheme.
2/10 wouldn't play again.

Elite scheme is like chess and hysteria is more like checkers, fast-paced nature of the scheme doesn't make it bad.

Regarding turn advantage... With experience I see that actually having more worms is better in some situations, especially when you can predict the time your opponent starts to plop their worms.

If elite is like chess, hysteria is like snakes and ladders.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #512 on: August 19, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Here is a notion that may shock some of you.

Elite has as much, if not more luck than Hysteria :o

OMG!

Offline Almog

« Reply #513 on: August 19, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Wow I've only read three pages and then I see there are 35 of them. (wtf..?)

Anyway I think it was enough to see there is no valid reason to remove hyst, or even change it. If someone doesn't like it, he can just refuse to play it when asking for TUS.

All for all those saying it's a luck scheme, then I think it's about same as elite. There are some great players that hardly lose. In fact, I think my hysteria stats are better than my elite stats, and I find myself one of the top elite players.

Anyway, Free, I challenge you for to a bo3 hyst match, where you have 1 worm and I have 4. You can start all games. If you win, I'll change my vote to Yes. :)

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #514 on: August 19, 2016, 09:21 PM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:35 PM by Aladdin »

« Reply #515 on: August 19, 2016, 09:53 PM »
lol... this is like i say remove roper pecouse its luck scheme ? Ota mun muna suuhun feee ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:55 PM by VoK »

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #516 on: August 19, 2016, 10:19 PM »
put this topic in the Trash Can maaaan

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline sock

« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2016, 12:26 AM »
put this topic in the Trash Can maaaan
ae

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #518 on: August 20, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Ye, what an asshole my opponent was. With such a retarded stinking f@#!ing fag ass style he have eclipsed Pizza, Chelsea and tita, all of them, combined. Pffffffft...

Offline Free

« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2016, 07:43 AM »
I put in the time to say Im strong in hysteria nowadays. Side and worm control being the most effective tactics and mentally about patience to play darkside.

Its still, by design broken as a competetive scheme. Forcing side zooka game which takes ages is way too easy and countering it is too hard.

It has potential but scheme needs tweaking because it doesnt have high tactical ceiling if I just tele cow and take control of the side and zook the map from v hard to hit hide

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #520 on: August 20, 2016, 08:20 AM »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Its still, by design broken as a competetive scheme.

Lmao this cracks me up everytime I hear it :D

I guess Team17 is broken too because i've seen the worlds best players draw like 3 times before someone wins.

Or Elite, WxW, Roper, and every other scheme invented is broke too, because some people can't handle them and draw there too.

Do you even know what the words "broken" and "competitive" mean? I don't mean to sound rude mate, but please go read a dictionary before making wild and false statements.

I think it's ok if you personally think improvements can be made to something, but to say something is broken when it's theoretically, scientifically and logically impossible is just ignorant.

Edit - Oh yeah Roper WxW and other schemes where you suicide to get pile advantage, are those broke too? (Answer = no)

Offline Free

« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2016, 09:53 AM »
Roper could use tweaking yes but T17 has very complex strats to hold and counter advantageous situations, personally I would add static homing from the start to make up for cr8 luck.

Hyst in the other has very little effective strats because of points mentioned earlier, imo. Im ready to "prove" that effective means boring in hysteria. Side zook tactics and telecow is the way to go

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #523 on: August 20, 2016, 09:58 AM »
I wouldn't say t17 is broken, its just boring shit, I used to like it a lot; but after years of playing the scheme, I've realized how tedious and anticlimactic it is. 

Hysteria has some stupid/annoying turtle strategies, but I would hardly say its anywhere near as boring as t17. 

Offline Free

« Reply #524 on: August 20, 2016, 10:07 AM »
You should play against top T17'ers (Senator, Chelsea etc.) to understand how deep T17 nowadays can be. IMO it has evolved a lot these past couple of years