Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:27 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41800 times)

Offline ArsGoetia

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #495 on: March 28, 2013, 03:14 AM »
i'd rather t17 out than hyst ''banned'' ... most of the times t17 takes 20 - 30 min to finish, and then, if there's not a sd weapon, it probably will a draw ... that's fking stupid ,,, how can a game depend on ''sd'' weapons? i would like to see how many games have finished before and after sd .... prolly after sd will take 85% of games ..
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

« Reply #496 on: April 30, 2013, 02:03 AM »
I've been playing hyst since day one and I agree. While it does take a lot of skill to do such things as correctly place a mine to plop an enemy worm,  accurately  fire bazooka/molotov/grenade etc from jetpack all of this in the span of a single second, most games revolve only around telecow shit. It doesn't matter if you can use jetpack + lg + grenade if your opponent can just take advantage of teleport and kill you before you even move.

Also hysteria isn't even a classic scheme so it doesn't belong there whether we're talking about age or skill ceiling.
Here comes the snow

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Go for Randomsteria?  ;D

Offline Husk

« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2013, 06:51 PM »
I've been playing hyst since day one and I agree. While it does take a lot of skill to do such things as correctly place a mine to plop an enemy worm,  accurately  fire bazooka/molotov/grenade etc from jetpack all of this in the span of a single second, most games revolve only around telecow shit. It doesn't matter if you can use jetpack + lg + grenade if your opponent can just take advantage of teleport and kill you before you even move.

Also hysteria isn't even a classic scheme so it doesn't belong there whether we're talking about age or skill ceiling.

u can actually do very useful stuff if u r quick, watch here:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-144691/

9:52

this kind of stuff wins u the game

Offline Phanton

« Reply #499 on: May 23, 2013, 09:55 AM »
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Its not smart to talk like that as a promoter. I know you're not a douche, Free. If you delete Hysteria from classic league, general activity will decrease. You know that Hysteria is a good scheme to get in touch with worms, like Shopper. Beginners dont get warm with "pro schemes" so Hysteria can open the way for many newcomers.

Hysteria helps community growing! :)

That's me!!! +1  :)

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2014, 08:43 PM »
Who wanna delete Hysteria from cup is probably a noob that dont know play them. That's all
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline TOMT

« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21 PM »
Hysteria is a classic :D

Better make a rope league! Rope deserves a league when Aerial/Hyst and Elite has its own, maybe all rope schemes or just a ttrr :P

Offline HysteriaPro

« Reply #503 on: August 19, 2016, 11:25 AM »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #504 on: August 19, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Watch this one and think again
http://wormolympics.com/tournaments/replay_info/33787
pretty awful game, cant believe i wasted my time watching it

Offline darKz

« Reply #505 on: August 19, 2016, 01:09 PM »
If anything this is a good example of why the scheme is absolutely retarded. You kill your own worms, darkside, force sudden death and generally play it so your opponent has exactly 1 shot on you the whole game (the one at the very end, where he could've won if the zook hit). Nice comet dodging style of scheme.
2/10 wouldn't play again.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #506 on: August 19, 2016, 02:03 PM »
If anything this is a good example of why the scheme is absolutely retarded. You kill your own worms, darkside, force sudden death and generally play it so your opponent has exactly 1 shot on you the whole game (the one at the very end, where he could've won if the zook hit). Nice comet dodging style of scheme.
2/10 wouldn't play again.

Elite scheme is like chess and hysteria is more like checkers, fast-paced nature of the scheme doesn't make it bad.

Regarding turn advantage... With experience I see that actually having more worms is better in some situations, especially when you can predict the time your opponent starts to plop their worms.

Offline Senator

« Reply #507 on: August 19, 2016, 02:04 PM »
Ban hyst, shoppa, t17 and wxw

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #508 on: August 19, 2016, 02:08 PM »
Ban hyst, shoppa, t17 and wxw

and elite, BnG, ttrr & roper  ;D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #509 on: August 19, 2016, 03:05 PM »
We should do a Hyst cup with 1 worm per player and manual worm placement on, see how it goes out

EDIT1: Maybe have a 50 sec round time too on it
OR make that a WO tourney
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:11 PM by TheMadCharles »