Forums
May 13, 2024, 10:16 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42159 times)

Offline Peja

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 04:43 PM »
Think how competitively played hysteria looks to the outsiders eyes, would he ever want to play a game where he thinks he would die of boredom?

well so far i only know people  who were falling asleep in bng clanners, not in hysteria ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Free

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013, 04:45 PM »
There's no point talking to me?

I threw out an challenge, you say Casso is a hyst beast, if MI agreees, gimme 1-2 weeks and we play 10 games, if I get over 40% winning ratio, Hyst gets modified, I think it's fair enough argument that the scheme is flawed, then let's have replays of those games and see how "fantastico and exciting" games those were when I utilize all the effective Hyst tactics I've witnessed.

Offline Free

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Free, repeat after me: "TUS anyone? I will only play if you don't pick hysteria."
Agree before the game, though. Probably best to do it in the game lobby, so then at least you have a log to show for.

Idem.

Doesn't work when you can force opponent to play hysteria in PO.

It's not about avoiding the scheme, it's about realizing how stupid the scheme currently is.

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013, 05:08 PM »
There's no point talking to me?

The thing about sentences is that you have to read them entirely to understand what they mean, not just the part you like or don't like.

Offline Free

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Wow, let's keep more off-topic coming. I got your idea, you probably didn't get mine. My argument for someone dominating is because most of competitive players just can't be arsed to use the boring, but effective tactics needed in hysteria. That holds true especially on my part. But if the challenge takes on, I can work on my patience to hopefully make something happen. Why the f@#! is change so hard in TUS? Also, could someone grab the threads/poll where Hysteria was voted as default league scheme? I don't remember coming across anything like this and was like what the f@#! when I saw it added.

Could I please get the MI approval for the challenge, in my opinion it would prove enough. We've had enough threads of Hysteria already, yet, nothing has changed even though there is great opposition also. Enough talk, more action.

Offline Peja

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2013, 05:43 PM »
i hate elite beeing played without allowing ropeknocks, which causes players taking absurd  hides where they would be punished in any other scheme.  i challenge free, if MI agreees, gimme 1-2 weeks and we play 10 games, if I get over 40% winning ratio, Elite gets modified, I think it's fair enough argument that the scheme is flawed.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Free

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54 PM »
i hate elite beeing played without allowing ropeknocks, which causes players taking absurd  hides where they would be punished in any other scheme.  i challenge free, if MI agreees, gimme 1-2 weeks and we play 10 games, if I get over 40% winning ratio, Elite gets modified, I think it's fair enough argument that the scheme is flawed.

Funny one Pejinho, but I actually agree that elite should have ropeknocks. And I am not the most beast (consistent) elite player around anymore anyways so you should challenge Crashito, Mablak or Random.. perhaps I'd add franz to that list also.

The whole challenge thing came to my mind after Komito over-dramatised that darkz cant hang with top hysteria players even if he practised it full-time for a month. Talking about changing Hysteria has led NOWHERE in these years, I just want to show that how f@#!ing boring and lame the scheme is when its being played most effective way possible, which still would be a major luckfest.

Theres many very oldschoolers who know a good scheme fast when they see one, and from what I gather most of the very oldschool dont agree that Hysteria belongs to a default league as it is.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:59 PM by Free »

Offline darKz

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Also, could someone grab the threads/poll where Hysteria was voted as default league scheme? I don't remember coming across anything like this and was like what the f@#! when I saw it added.

I found the thread for clan league playoffs season 1 (Jan '09) where SPW quoted the rules and Hysteria was already mentioned in them. I'm not sure if there was a poll or something earlier, I really can't remember either.

Edit: I found the thread. A stunning 14 people voted for it with 11 against it. Guess that's all it took. :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:13 PM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2013, 06:21 PM »
Change difficult in TUS? Are you kidding me? Just because you're not getting your way here? Do you have any idea what MI's been adding and changing to TUS because the community wants it?

I don't think I've seen any league where this many changes have happened because of the community's wishes, for good or for bad.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Funny fact:
History of hysteria is full of hysterical hysteria haters, hehe hilarious. *hicks*

Offtopic:
well so far i only know people  who were falling asleep in bng clanners, not in hysteria ;D
This reminds of a clanner we had past 2 am. I had been sitting on a bench for an hour then I was supposed to play Team17. My both worms died before I could make a single turn  :D.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Free

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2013, 06:42 PM »
Change difficult in TUS? Are you kidding me? Just because you're not getting your way here? Do you have any idea what MI's been adding and changing to TUS because the community wants it?

I don't think I've seen any league where this many changes have happened because of the community's wishes, for good or for bad.

No its not just because I'm not getting my way around here. I'm not the only one who thinks like this when it comes to balancing schemes, you should play more and get in touch what pisses people off in top competitive level of gaming on some schemes.

And no, I haven't seen that many changes considering balancing schemes around TUS, which this thread is all about. I have major respect for MI, so you can stop with the attitude.

Offline Free

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Also, could someone grab the threads/poll where Hysteria was voted as default league scheme? I don't remember coming across anything like this and was like what the f@#! when I saw it added.

I found the thread for clan league playoffs season 1 (Jan '09) where SPW quoted the rules and Hysteria was already mentioned in them. I'm not sure if there was a poll or something earlier, I really can't remember either.

Edit: I found the thread. A stunning 14 people voted for it with 11 against it. Guess that's all it took. :D

Just wow. This was definately really well thought out and planned scheme-add to a list of classical schemes which have been around almost ever since the game was made. Like I said, like pre-ejaculating with a hottie that you finally got a chance with.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Hysteria should exist in classic league.

Offline Krezo

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Hysteria is the most popular scheme in tus.. So kicking this scheme from the league can "destroy" popularity or something.. dunno.. If you don't want to play.. just say it before arranging the game or whatever you can to do to avoid it..

EDIT:

And it's giving a chance for new players to win some game vs pros and that is great motivation to continue to play worms..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:45 PM by Krezo »
No signature.

Offline darKz

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44 PM »
And it's giving a chance for new players to win some game vs pros and that is great motivation to continue to play worms..

But that's working against the whole concept of competition.

Wasn't classic league supposed to be the league where the best player stands on top? I don't see how Hysteria contributes in finding out who's the best overall player. It's a scheme someone who's decent at other schemes can learn in just a few days, maybe even hours. Try learning TTRR or Elite, it'll take you months or maybe even years to play these schemes at the highest possible competitive level. These schemes have the right to exist in classic league, Hysteria certainly doesn't.
Where's the problem in just moving it to a different league? Aren't we all happy then?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010