Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:12 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42271 times)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2013, 03:50 AM »
@this topic

Offline Free

« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2013, 04:38 AM »
I just don't see any value in hosting bunch of cups or tourneys to get a simple point across, has your hosting done anything to modify HYSTERIA as a classic scheme. No, we got Aerial, which ain't a classic scheme, which imo would be a better scheme for classic than hysteria.

Wow, you just literally said that because I did something (hosting a couple of cups), something changed in TUS.

I simply don't see value based on time wasted trying to get the point across[...]

And now you say the complete opposite.

[...]I seee more value trying to approach the situation like this.

How is it working out for you so far? 15 pages of rambling and the poll says 26 for keeping hysteria and 22 for ditching hysteria so far.

I mean the challenge unless it already aint the MOST OBVIOUS THING? I dont care about polls (most voters are beginners/average players with not enough experience) as I already mentioned there should be an carefully selected council to make the decisision considering schemes/rules.

LOL @ "The poll is to shut him up", I would approach this topic with poll in mind if I thought it had any chance to win, but as the majority (beginners/average playes) are hyst lovers and only care about hyst, I'm not stupid to take that route. The challenge is to show how little skill you actually need to "master" the scheme and how stupid the scheme really looks when you force effective gameplay.

You could answer my question D1, do you, or do you not think that majority of TUS Hysteria players only want to play hysteria? If you agree with me, then why having a separate league for Hysteria only would be a bad idea? It would not downgrade the activity and we would probably end up majority being more satisfied than before. At least we could give it a try for 1 season and see what truly happens to the activity.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:51 AM by Free »

Offline Free

« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2013, 05:03 AM »
I just don't see any value in hosting bunch of cups or tourneys to get a simple point across, has your hosting done anything to modify HYSTERIA as a classic scheme. No, we got Aerial, which ain't a classic scheme, which imo would be a better scheme for classic than hysteria.

Wow, you just literally said that because I did something (hosting a couple of cups), something changed in TUS.

I simply don't see value based on time wasted trying to get the point across[...]

And now you say the complete opposite.

[...]I seee more value trying to approach the situation like this.

How is it working out for you so far? 15 pages of rambling and the poll says 26 for keeping hysteria and 22 for ditching hysteria so far.

You been twisting my words for quite few posts already, you keep saying something changed in TUS when I CLEARLY said that nothing has changed in classic league when it comes to Hysteria.

« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2013, 05:23 AM »
I dont care about polls (most voters are beginners/average players with not enough experience)

Offline Free

« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2013, 06:18 AM »
Disclaimer: The following text may cause heart failure for Hysteria fanboys. I won't pay your ambulance fees!

Hysteria got put into classic league after a poll with a 56% majority voting for the scheme. Back then nobody really knew what competitive Hysteria looked like because at that time nobody had played it that way. Now, a good 4 years and numerous complaints by oldschool wormers (who have actually played it, I may add) later the scheme still persists. "Because it's popular".

I won't deny that there's a certain skillset which one needs to stand on top of the Hysteria rankings. However when it comes to the top of the ladder duking it out among each other, there are games in which both players are in a 1vs1 stalemate position where they would hypothetically teleport around the map for all eternity because they both can't get a shot at the other. Usually this cycle is ended by one of the two losing their patience, teleporting to either an open spot where the other player can get a shot at him, or to a spot which provides protection but no chance to actually shoot. In the latter case the other player will just enforce SD so the hidden player will have to teleport to some open place on top eventually. Either way it's a loss-loss situation and could be avoided by just continuing to teleport around in the aforementioned cycle and waiting for the other player to lose patience first.

I don't expect anyone to actually read and understand this but I've seen several situations like this, the scheme is just not suited for high level competitive play.
Random00 is a really good overall player and has this winning mentality, he never gives up. That's part of the reason why he's on top of the Hysteria standings, he lets others do the mistake before he does it himself. And that Maverick guy has a winning percentage that high because he mostly played complete newbies who lack general knowledge about the game.

I won't bother looking up games or providing any other kind of proof btw, my words make perfect sense if you just let them get through to you and if you've played the scheme on a decently high level. Not gonna bother with Komos incoming wall of text either. (Just let this stand as my opinion rather than facts if it makes you happier Komo, it's obviously something only very few people can see.)

And to this quote I stop posting in this thread that proved to be rather f@#!ing pointless, once again, so much off topic and flame. It's simply pissing me off too much to keep posting, I can't see anything constructive coming out of this thread anymore. Hysteria is really flawed as a competitive scheme but none of our oldschoolers opinions matter because "it's too popular" and there's no consideration even for separate Hysteria league, which could actually be a REALLY good thing. My challenge wasn't good enough to MI.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28 AM »
I dont care about polls (most voters are beginners/average players with not enough experience)

lol awesome video

Offline Breeze

« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2013, 08:11 AM »
No one listens to logic.

Hysteria comes down to 1 worm each.  It is essentially an unanchored BNG.
We already have BNG, get rid of Hysteria.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23 AM »
ban ttrr too, I dont like to play this scheme, I always lose games in this scheme, I dont want to learn dat shit and i dont understand ppl who like this scheme hehauehauheuae ;D  ;D  ;D

*Komito likes this*

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2013, 09:40 AM »
so far... hysteria 1-0 Free xD

Offline darKz

« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2013, 10:13 AM »
so far... hysteria 1-0 Free xD

It's only natural that players like you are celebrating this result, considering you've been abusing a broken scheme and intend to continue doing that. How fitting to call yourself a legendary lucker.

Currently there's 36.6% against the scheme, which I don't think is an insignificant value. Even if the poll result will say 70% to keep Hysteria and 30% to remove it in the end, what are the ones in charge going to do? It'll still say 30% are unhappy the way it is.

Edit: There's also no way you can be serious about the poll being "just to shut him up" Marc. The result does say something.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:23 AM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24 AM »
Currently there's 36.6% against the scheme, which I don't think is an insignificant value. Even if the poll result will say 70% to keep Hysteria and 30% to remove it in the end, what are the ones in charge going to do? It'll still say 30% are unhappy the way it is.

As I already said, this vote isn't even legit, because not all members who like/dislike Hysteria will vote.

Offline ANO

« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2013, 10:27 AM »
I am not defending Chelsea, I will never do this.
But "lucker" is not about hysteria and I think we have all agree with this.
Free is just saying is a bullshit scheme not that is lucky.
t17 and also roper have an higher lucky factor then hysteria, this is obvious.

and btw,
avete rotto il cazzo.   

Majority wants hysteria in, it's a league where there are not only "Super pro standoffish old scholers"... There are many different kind of wormers, many noobs maybe (new players, in 4-5 years from now, they will be also old wormers) and this is the reason why, this vidoegame is not dead yet.
Hysteria is a good compromised between old and new age. Or do you want to go to play leagues in 20 people?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Well said ANO, i'd rather take my chances relying on skill @ shooting opponents in Hysteria than what crates i'll get in a T17 or Roper etc anyday.

However, I like all schemes anyway :) I just don't have time to perfect everything :(

Offline Phanton

« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Histeria Forever :)
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11 AM »
All this talk about what the majority wants... the poll is not legit, as Komo mentioned already, first of all. Secondly, if everything was the way the majority wanted, noone would pay taxes and everyone would drive golden Ferraris.

Democracy doesn't mean what the majority wants, would be nice to understand that.