Forums
May 14, 2024, 09:24 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42317 times)

Offline Chelsea

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2013, 06:51 PM »
ban ttrr too, I dont like to play this scheme, I always lose games in this scheme, I dont want to learn dat shit and i dont understand ppl who like this scheme hehauehauheuae ;D  ;D  ;D

pls ban ttrr roper and wxw :D

Offline Maciej

« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2013, 06:52 PM »
ban ttrr too, I dont like to play this scheme, I always lose games in this scheme, I dont want to learn dat shit and i dont understand ppl who like this scheme hehauehauheuae ;D  ;D  ;D

I didn't know you are that troll Prof.
You can't win ttrr because you are bad, everyone can win hysteria because of luck (you can learn this scheme in a week, while you have to train ttrr for months to get good in), that's what topic is about.

Offline darKz

« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2013, 06:53 PM »

People who don't even understand the point of this thread shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm lost for words.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Hmm, Maciej, but I love luck too  8)
And luck will be a part of the game. Anytime, everywhere, in every scheme
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:04 PM by Xrayez »

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2013, 07:05 PM »

me too :D

L3G3ND4RY LUCK3R :D

High five Xrayez :D

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Are You guys blamming Hysteria due luck? What about Roper and his sweet crates?

Offline Free

« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2013, 07:10 PM »
I like the general idea of letting everybody have a vote, but by observing this community I'm more in a favor of an council that agrees on schemes/rules.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35 PM »
I just thought of a new way of voting in schemes into classic or to reevaluate all existing classic schemes. We should vote on all existing classic schemes currently in the league if they are worthy of being in there. Then after we have all the values we figure out the average % a scheme needs to be in Classic scheme, since classic scheme means a lot (high activity and best players) it should be approved not only by 50%+ of the player-base, instead it should be a clear 70-80% (which can be calculated after having all % after the votes on all schemes currently available).

Then, every year or so, the same process should take place to introduce or keep old/new schemes.

Thoughts?

Additional idea: Based on the % we could use HHC's idea and incorporate it and thus a scheme with only 60% approval only counts for 60% of the normal points etc.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:37 PM by Anubis »

« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2013, 07:42 PM »
I just don't see any value in hosting bunch of cups or tourneys to get a simple point across, has your hosting done anything to modify HYSTERIA as a classic scheme. No, we got Aerial, which ain't a classic scheme, which imo would be a better scheme for classic than hysteria.

Wow, you just literally said that because I did something (hosting a couple of cups), something changed in TUS.

I simply don't see value based on time wasted trying to get the point across[...]

And now you say the complete opposite.

[...]I seee more value trying to approach the situation like this.

How is it working out for you so far? 15 pages of rambling and the poll says 26 for keeping hysteria and 22 for ditching hysteria so far.

Offline HHC

« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2013, 07:46 PM »
I just thought of a new way of voting in schemes into classic or to reevaluate all existing classic schemes. We should vote on all existing classic schemes currently in the league if they are worthy of being in there. Then after we have all the values we figure out the average % a scheme needs to be in Classic scheme, since classic scheme means a lot (high activity and best players) it should be approved not only by 50%+ of the player-base, instead it should be a clear 70-80% (which can be calculated after having all % after the votes on all schemes currently available).

Then, every year or so, the same process should take place to introduce or keep old/new schemes.

Thoughts?

Additional idea: Based on the % we could use HHC's idea and incorporate it and thus a scheme with only 60% approval only counts for 60% of the normal points etc.

That would probably only get the most popular ones, LIKE HYST, voted on top.
IMO my system was much better. Counting Elite as most is fair cause it's the best scheme for a league: you need various skill, great tactical insight and good weapon handling as well. And best of all, there's no cheap play or loopholes for people to exploit.
Same goes for Roper and TTRR, but everyone will agree that these are 1-weapon schemes only (rope), so they can be counted as a little less important.
And all the shitty schemes go in the misc category where they count for little more than peanuts.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2013, 07:50 PM »

me too :D

L3G3ND4RY LUCK3R :D

I agree Chelsea! Legendary lucker! I bet only luck caused you are on this world! :D

Offline Asbest

« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2013, 07:52 PM »
OMG, LET IT BE AS IT IS NOW. NOTHING SHOULD CHANGE. DISCUSSION ABOUT NOTHING.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:02 PM by Asbest »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2013, 07:54 PM »
If the voting would be transparent so everyone can see who has voted for what I am sure, even many ambitious Hysteria players would agree that Elite or TTRR are much more worth to have in classic league than Hysteria. You wouldn't have unlimited votes (like you can only vote 5 schemes to be in classic). And if it really proves that nowadays the Worms community values Hysteria, shopper etc. to be the top notch competition Worms is about, well I guess there is only the option to create another league and play the "old" schemes in there without the rest.

Offline ANO

« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Guys, can you realize that Hysteria is the most played scheme???!!!
Is it a bullshit? I don't think so and not the most of us think this.
If you don't like, it's your business...
People like hysteria in clanner, it's funny and it's one of the scheme most played, there will be a reason!
We are no more kids, I am old, I like sitting in the evening and have fun and laugh a bit. This is a thing I cannot have in t17 for example cause I'd prefer having a dinner alone with Chelsea and Asbest then play t17.
But I will never open a topic about removing it auhauh
Btw the idea of open a complete pole about every scheme is right, but honestly I like the way it is now, except for t17.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14 PM »
Guys, can you realize that Hysteria is the most played scheme???!!!
Is it a bullshit? I don't think so and not the most of us think this.
If you don't like, it's your business...
People like hysteria in clanner, it's funny and it's one of the scheme most played, there will be a reason!

Buiii!

ANO, you also have to consider that Hysteria is the most played because people (like me look at recent clan games :() are forced to play this scheme even though I would not otherwise.

Following not related to your quote ANO!:

I just believe it can never have the tactical and meaningful thought process like an elite can have in default. You can't really compare Hyst to Roper or RR simply because they are based around rope. Roping is a muscle memory test. Elite utilizes more options (more time, more weapons, thoughtful Worm placement etc.)