Forums
May 14, 2024, 02:23 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42265 times)

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53 PM »

I mean look at Casso's streak, by my understanding, if Hysteria is such a skilled scheme as community thinks, an average player like myself should not even get close to 40% in 2 weeks.

Wasn't the point you're trying to make that hysteria isn't a skilled game?

Offline Free

« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2013, 07:06 PM »

I mean look at Casso's streak, by my understanding, if Hysteria is such a skilled scheme as community thinks, an average player like myself should not even get close to 40% in 2 weeks.

Wasn't the point you're trying to make that hysteria isn't a skilled game?

For seeing the trouble and putting in the time to study for being a doctor, you don't seem to be that smart. What exactly you don't get with my previous post?

« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Ah, so when I read your posts, I have to forget everything you've said before? I could literally quote you again, but you seem to interpret that as twisting your words, so I won't bother you with that.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2013, 07:24 PM »
for anubis:

Because the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many!

I'd agree if it was just "1". But 40 % of any group is a lot. 5 People on the moon and only 3 can survive, the other 2 have to sacrifice them. Do you really believe its fair by such small margin? 40% in comparison to 60% is such a slim difference. Would you send 40 ppl to death because 60 can live because of that? Do you really believe many ppl would agree that 40% of anything is a minority?

For the record, it's even 42% atm, instead of silencing/ridiculing so many people figure out how to make both big parties happy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:26 PM by Anubis »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2013, 07:27 PM »
I vote for creating another league site with new admins and mods =D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Free

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2013, 07:31 PM »
I don't know where do you get "1". Any player could have a bad day. I've seen Dario failing in Intermediate or Mablak in TTRR. Trying to get a 40% win versus one player, could have a lucky result, although I haven't seen such result yet.

Reason for "1" is stated pretty clearly in my previous post(s), its best of 10 games, Casso said I will win 2 max, I'm sure he's smart enough to take the "bad day" factor into consideration also.

"Altough I haven't seen such a result yet" Exactly.

I'm actually suprised the poll is even so close to 50/50, majority of potential voters being just the Hyst lovers instead the minority of potential "true competitive all-round" player voters. I'm sure we can agree on that. Most just want to play their hysteria and don't give a f@#! about all-round skills.

Why it's such a no-go with having Hysteria as separate league? Would most probably benefit most of us.

Why it's so hard to see that Hysteria needs tweaking as a scheme, like KRD said, something as simple as thinking about the amount of worms Hyst starts with, could already make the scheme more playable and not look so stupid from competitive point of view, killing your own worms, you can f@#! up A LOT and still actually end up in pretty even 1v1 situation, darkside zooking which bores people to death etc. etc.

D1, yeah don't bother.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:36 PM by Free »

« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2013, 07:55 PM »
D1, yeah don't bother.

First thing you've posted I can agree with :P It clearly has no effect to answer with reason.

@ Anubis: the 40% is the reason I asked for alternatives. Simply removing hysteria is giving the 40% their way and simply doing away with the 60%. I supplied an alternative with random turn order, but there was hardly any kind of response to that. HHC's aerial was another alternative, which got its own following, but also not unanimously embraced. Where do we go from here?

BTW: what did you mean by silencing?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2013, 08:12 PM »
D1, yeah don't bother.

First thing you've posted I can agree with :P It clearly has no effect to answer with reason.

@ Anubis: the 40% is the reason I asked for alternatives. Simply removing hysteria is giving the 40% their way and simply doing away with the 60%. I supplied an alternative with random turn order, but there was hardly any kind of response to that. HHC's aerial was another alternative, which got its own following, but also not unanimously embraced. Where do we go from here?

BTW: what did you mean by silencing?

I mean that Hysteria has been part of the classic league for years even though it is known to be not even close to the acceptance of like elite or rr. You guys expect this issue to be resolved by the community imo. But that won't happen, that will be your job in the end but I think you are ignoring this issue by claiming this slim majority wins this argument because of "democracy".

This is just my viewing point, I have nothing against Hyst in particular, I can accept that it has followers and that it has a place in the league. But there is such a big audience that seems to be ignored by TUS, just think about some more realistic references and think if you could ignore the needs of 40%+ ppl in other situations.

« Reply #308 on: February 20, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Hysteria gets a higher Yes/No ratio than Intermediate in these polls here on TUS, and Intermediate is demonstrably one of the most competitive schemes on this game. BnG probably wouldn't even get 50% support at this point...

I don't think anyone should be constructing their arguments based on that one little number. :P

Offline darKz

« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2013, 11:20 PM »
The main problem I see with Hysteria is that 1 second is too little to actually counter the flaws in the scheme (not enough space in 1 turn to do more than shoot, jetpack+drop or teleport), nothing's gonna change with the mechanical flaws of the scheme if turn time stays 1 second. Then again the guys supporting it say "if it's not 1 second it's not Hysteria, don't change plzplzplzplz"... I don't see a solution that everyone's going to be happy with. Aerial doesn't seem to be that widely accepted either? I could be wrong. Haven't actually played it so I can't tell if there's flaws in that scheme too or not, but 3 seconds are certainly better than 1 second for a competitive scheme.

Oh snap KRD, I just did exactly that, but with a different number. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36 PM »
Quote from: free
majority of potential voters being just the Hyst lovers instead the minority of potential "true competitive all-round" player voters.
Quote from: anubis
is such a big audience that seems to be ignored by TUS
You guys has to pick if either you want a small elitist league for the top 30 players or not ;)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #311 on: February 20, 2013, 11:55 PM »
It would be nice if you can differentiate between my opinion and Frees. xD

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2013, 12:08 AM »
Incredibly stupid !

Anything less than 50 percent counts as a minority...

The good players who have a true passion for the game are in the " minority " albeit not a small minority.

The noobs want to have a chance at winning against the true players.

The noobs will then pick luckbased schemes in order to minimize the ammount of skill required to attain victory while increasing the ammount of luck that plays in..This is apparent in shoppa/hysteria and to a lesser extent T17 but NOT intermidiate. If the noobs wanted to have comet dodging in to increase their points would you allow that Monkey ?

The dP moto clearly states that 5 true members is better than 50 ok members... That mentallity should also reflect here..Should not 42 % true players with passion/cultivation for this game outweigh the garbage ?

What fool will favour 5 100 dollar checks over a grand 100 000 dollar check ? What fool would prefere 10 bottles of low quality whine from LIDL instead of 1 bottle of the finest, most exquisite 1912 red whine ? This demonstrates the 2 problems with democracy.

* Democracy clearly states that every person is of equal worth and deserves to vote.

* Democracy clearly states that every persons opinion is off equal value.

As an example...THe US drug problems..The wisest descission would be to legallize some drugs as alcohol counts as a drug as well/It will greatly enhance the quality of the drug thus making them less polluted and less dangerous/It will remove power from the black market and thus crimes done/ As shown in the past it will not create a surge in the number of drug users. One educated wise man could discuss this with a comittee and decide to legalize drugs thus obtaining the desired result but a wild ocean of those less educated fools will waver in opinion as puppets so easily manipulated the the mass media.. So tbe optimal descission may not be reached as it is " less populair "(OFC i would never, and have never taken drugs other than coffein).

Fools are so easily swayed by populairty. A salesman will be the most effectve by selling himself...NOT the product ! Having lesser people make the descission will thus bring us towards the optimal descissions. Often the fools will not understand that theydo not want a descission to be made or vice versa. some opinions should be valued higher.

For example i do not know much about alcohol..I have only purchased alcohol on one occasion. So i can not really state what kind of whine is best for what kind of food dish. Someone who knows alot about whine is more suited.

Likewise a noob that favours the luck of the draw instead of actual competition can not be taken as seriuosly as a player with a pure passion for the game and a great understanding of how it works. In order to see wheather or not hysteria should be kept we must select criterias for a " passionate true wormer " and then let them cast their votes. Since the gppd players do not want luck disrupting their winning streaks they will most likely opt to get rid of hysteria from the classic leauge ( While ressurecting intermidiate back to the classic leauge and also getting rid of shoppa)

This is what has been done.. I stand by my word.. The noobs should not raise their voice ! They should listnen...Follow so that they too may grow and move ahead towards maturity so they may gain abillity !

Sincerly your's...

/Orville Sebastian Nordström

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2013, 12:26 AM »
I hope that made sense to you, Orvil, but the rest of us are wondering what the hell you were talking about there ^^^

+1 for the kind of rant that has made you so famous around these parts though.

Offline HHC

« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39 AM »
I think the poll is only an indication of how much people will be pissed off if you kick Hyst out. 60% of all players is a lot. And thus... not very ideal as a solution to the issue.

Other options are as D1 said:
1) randomsteria
2) aerial
3) other fix of the scheme
and maybe 4) if you add my "decrease hyst' importance in classic" thingy
5) stfu and live with it.
6) gtfo.
7) hack TUS, see Komo  :D

If these are the options this thread is for nothing cause it's just gonna be the way it is now. Hyst in Classic.