Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:47 PM

Author Topic: Could we update the TFL Boom Race scheme?  (Read 822 times)

Online Triad

Could we update the TFL Boom Race scheme?
« on: February 14, 2024, 01:47 PM »
I have played several Boom Races since my return, and none of the players wanted to play with the original single shot a turn scheme. They all preferred a scheme with sdet+ldet.

Why don't we update the Boom Race scheme then? We already updated the Darts scheme, so I don't see any reason to not do the same for the Boom Race.

Since MonkeyIsland prefers us to upload a separate scheme instead of updating an old one, here is a Boom Race scheme with anti-sink, ldet and sdet (if this scheme has any issues, please let me know):
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-5481/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 05:46 PM by Triad »

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: Could we update the TFL Boom Race scheme?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 01:57 PM »
I have played several Boom Races since my return, and none of the players wanted to play with the original single shot a turn scheme. They all preferred a scheme with sdet+ldet.

Why don't we update the Boom Race scheme then? We already updated the Darts scheme, so I don't see any reason to not do the same for the Boom Race.

Since MonkeyIsland prefers us to upload a separate scheme instead of updating an old one, here is a Boom Race scheme with anti-sink, ldet and sdet (if this scheme has any issues, please let me know):
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-5471/

strangely, someone changed the HB boom race scheme on wormnet as well (in the recent months, or year I dunno) it has always been the multiboom version.. now it is the 1 shotting version. thanks for the scheme, I'll be using this one

update: this scheme seems to be bugged Triad. I just wanted to test it, the worms are anchored to the ground or suttin, they don't move at all after boomz
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 02:03 PM by Lupastic »

Online Triad

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 02:34 PM »
update: this scheme seems to be bugged Triad. I just wanted to test it, the worms are anchored to the ground or suttin, they don't move at all after boomz
Thanks for catching that. I accidentally put "Worms+Weapons+Damage" to Phased Worms (Allied). I just set it as only "Worms" now, it should work now, please redownload. :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 03:10 PM »
Let’s fix the other bullshit schemes while we are at it, tele out of big rr, ctf, ect.  Sdet all race schemes. 

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 03:36 PM »
Let’s fix the other bullshit schemes while we are at it, tele out of big rr, ctf, ect.  Sdet all race schemes.

Yes.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 03:48 PM »
Add Bungee Shopper as well.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 03:54 PM »
Sdet all race schemes.

There are Board Game maps that were not designed for SDET (Weapon use doesn't end turn). Well, at least if you play with the wind rule, SDET would mess things up. If you play without wind rule as "task race", then maybe all maps should be ok with SDET. But, I'm really not sure, because Board Game always surprises.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Online Triad

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 04:15 PM »
Yes, I can also get behind this idea. But I think you mean ldet, not sdet (shooting doesn't end turn, i.e. Multiboom or Kaos). ;D

Edit: We just played two games of Holy Wars with Ledan, and that scheme also seems wacky? There were Crate Showers, Damage*2, and all crate weapons had 15-star power! And we thought grenades in Grendae Wars were powerful. Nope, Holy Wars grenades are ridiciulous (and getting them from crate showers is also ridiculous. Scheme felt like a funner HostingBuddy scheme lol.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 05:05 PM by Triad »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 06:06 PM »

Been saying this for years now, but no one seemed to care enough. Good to hear more people chip in with same idea.

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 06:16 PM »
Edit: We just played two games of Holy Wars with Ledan, and that scheme also seems wacky? There were Crate Showers, Damage*2, and all crate weapons had 15-star power! And we thought grenades in Grendae Wars were powerful. Nope, Holy Wars grenades are ridiciulous (and getting them from crate showers is also ridiculous. Scheme felt like a funner HostingBuddy scheme lol.

that scheme is also very bad and totally sux to play Holy War with. not long ago I also played a holy war vs dsa, and he had the OG holy war scheme from many years ago that you guys used here.. that seemed like a suitable scheme, take a look. that would work better for league games.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-240634/

(extract the scheme from this)

Offline Korydex

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 06:54 PM »
people should still have the option to pick the classic "boomer race" 8)

Online Triad

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 08:34 AM »
people should still have the option to pick the classic "boomer race" 8)
Yeah, if both player want a more chill experience, they can of course use it :D

But as the default Boom Race scheme, Multiboom seems to be a better option, cause:
- It takes more skill to make multiple successful shots quickly instead of slowly planning a single shot.
- It is much faster, so you complete a game much more quickly.

Online Triad

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2024, 10:07 PM »
We should also update Bungee Race, I think we can safely remove dynamite and make the turn time 35 seconds.

But I don't think we should add ldet to Bungee (it takes skill to throw your worm without ending your turn)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:09 PM by Triad »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2024, 10:09 PM »
We should also update Bungee Race, I think we can safely remove dynamite and make the turn time 35 seconds.

But I don't think we should add ldet to Bungee (it takes skill to throw your worm without ending your turn)
nah, throwing bungee so you dont lose turn is skillbased, ive seen sniper do amazing shit

Online Triad

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2024, 10:10 PM »
nah, throwing bungee so you dont lose turn is skillbased, ive seen sniper do amazing shit
Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry if I worded it badly.

Antisink is also no-brainer.