Forums
May 14, 2024, 12:46 PM

Author Topic: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?  (Read 14516 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 11:20 AM »
I'm still in ag on snoop now and see loads of people i don't know hosting crazy schemes.. its those players that have to carry the flame and keep the game going right? How can they get into classic schemes tho?

It's like asking people to start watching TV in black & white again...

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 11:28 AM »
maybe. but its about making black and white TV fun and cool.

im just thinking out loud again and going to argue against my own post..

It does feel that there is too much choice, when you count all the leagues and cups, free schemes etc... if there were less options then that 1 thing would be more popular, but people like the other leagues and cups and tournies etc.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Agreed, it kinda reminds me of technology also, before it existed you didn't care, you didn't need it or want it, but now it exists and you are hooked on it, you couldn't live without it(you could but you would hate it...).

I actually kinda feel like old people in the sense they still love all the old crap they grew up with, and don't really like modern stuff, I don't really like modern gaming (I have a Wii U, but only cuz it feels retro with better graphics to me...) I was playing Super Mario 64 last month, this month is Donkey Kong Country for the SNES... Few months back when M3ntal was here it was Super Mario World (SNES)...

Just can't beat the old classics lol, it must be an age thing??

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Of course age thing, all homos getting crazy at old

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 11:52 AM »
]
I actually kinda feel like old people in the sense they still love all the old crap they grew up with, and don't really like modern stuff, I don't really like modern gaming (I have a Wii U, but only cuz it feels retro with better graphics to me...) I was playing Super Mario 64 last month, this month is Donkey Kong Country for the SNES... Few months back when M3ntal was here it was Super Mario World (SNES)...

Just can't beat the old classics lol, it must be an age thing??

n why did you wanna play those games and not wa?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 12:02 PM »

Random00, Mablak and Almog are tough to beat in hysteria, because they are consistent top league players.

I really really don't want to turn this into another hysteria thread but..

that above quoted is why it's such a shit scheme. They were good from day one. Whils Mablak used to suck at elite/bng at first, and Almog with ropes if he can even rope I really don't know. But hysteria?
Heck, if IllBeBack actually came back he would beat all these hysteria professionals (those that can't play other schemes on a top level) from day 1.

It's a shit scheme not worthy of being in an all around league. It's the only scheme to make it to said league based on popularity alone. Big flaws. Big reasons.

Step 1: remove hysteria and force those that want to be part of this community to become all arounders, because they don't know it, but we know they will enjoy the game much more in the end, even if some die in the process.

Quote from: Chicken23
Again, these cups and different leagues like HAL and whatever do draw attention away from classic league. But they are popular and it is what the new players of today want to play? I guess there has been a drop in classic league activity for long enough that these players are just interested in these other type of leagues.

Refer to 1. We educate/force/whatever people into learning what had us hooked to this game, be it roping and all its variants, bng, elite, they become all arounders, better clans are formed, people start actually competing for classic.

Open your eyes worms community, the only reason people play HAL instead of clanners or whatever is because they're not confident enough to take the game in all its variants. If one was an amazing roper, roperacer, bnger and eliter he'd be eager to show his skills in classic. When one can only hysteria, he's.. never mind, he's a f@#!ing moron that should go play gunbound

I think plenty of matured into the real world and still have plenty of time for videogames.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:07 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Fair enough

But if we remove hysteria. Take away all cups, 1 scheme leagues, free leagues and all these misc scheme stuff..

Is that gonna be enough to make someone like you/anubis want to come back and play classic league and bring activity from old wormers back into the classic leagues to encourage new players to learn classic?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:09 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 12:13 PM »
Fair enough

But if we remove hysteria. Take away all cups, 1 scheme leagues, free leagues and all these misc scheme stuff..

Is that gonna be enough to make someone like you/anubis want to come back and play classic league and bring activity from old wormers back into the classic leagues to encourage new players to learn classic?

Oh, I don't think so. I just realized I was just saying out loud what I always thought, and said...

I wouldn't be able to tell if we're in a point of no return or those changes would do anything now. Because if no clanners are being played they're not being played. TUS at this point probably needs to be even more TUS, and then if people magically start playing again, try to influence their competitive tastes.

The NBA does this all the time changing its rules.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Let me also think loud, please ^^

Firstly about hysteria: I think it was a nice try from who involved it, because it's different scheme from others and has some good, interesting things, but also it fails sometimes when people play it really competitive. I'll never forget Mablak vs SPW (mm vs CF) were playing longer than 1 hour, however after that dt has found the solution how to make it faster (forcing sd), so it became a "one-shot-scheme". I think it should have some changes if it is possible. I don't know how is aerial and others to be played competitively, but maybe they could be merged into a good scheme, which could be the +1 scheme in the "perfect league".

Some thoughts about changes: I see that a lot of players have the idea how the "perfect league" should work and it kind of points out to one big thing.. But that will never be implemented without a good organization. MI is unfortunately "busy as hell" and you can't force him make such big changes. I saw about a month ago in #worms IRC channel, that CS and DC plan to get back ranks. Here we have also some programmers (DOS community). I don't know if it may be possible, but if we would want to make that league, these programmers should work together and like that they could make that radical change quite fast I guess. But why should they do that if there is no guarantee that it will work? Well probably this could be solved with the money..

Before saying some bad words about my idea I will repeat: i was just think loud :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:24 PM by Tomi »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Fair enough

I was never interested in singles. W:A lost it's appeal to me because I could not play clanners 6-8hours a day straight without downtime. I tried many times with TUS to play clanners competitive, dt, Q. And most of the time you are stuck between a clanner for at least an hour, it is so boring to sit in #AG shouting clanner anyone and nothing happens. Compared to old times it was never that bad, you could easily find 10 clanners a day and proof of that is that we actually had max games per season and many clans reached that within the first few weeks. After that I usually played warmers and had fun with the warmer and alias community, which is not possible either. For me personally W:A is practically dead because of that. Then add to that dilemma hysteria and you will know why I have no desire to play this game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:29 PM by Anubis »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Fair enough

I was never interested in singles. W:A lost it's appeal to me because I could not play clanners 6-8hours a day straight without downtime. I tried many times with TUS to play clanners competitive, dt, Q. And most of the time you are stuck between a clanner for at least an hour, it is so boring to sit in #AG shouting clanner anyone and nothing happens. Compared to old times it was never that bad, you could easily find 10 clanners a day and proof of that is that we actually had max games per season and many clans reached that within the first few weeks. After that I usually played warmers and had fun with the warmer and alias community, which is not possible either. For me personally W:A is practically dead because of that. Then add to that dilemma hysteria and you will know why I have no desire to play this game.

Exactly. Its the time it takes to find a clanner which is why its so boring. But haven't we all made it worse? 4 months ago it wasn't this bad. I could find clanners and was playing with Peja and Baffo. You could find a clanner then but its just now that it sucks. I said back then that reducing the number of games to reach playoffs would make a difference because then we would have actually had playoffs and even people in TaG agreed.

40 games to reach clanner POs and remove hysteria. Lets see if that changes anything?

If all of us here were searching for clanners we'd enjoy it again. But currently it feels like you can't even win the clan league because there is nothing to win? Also if people don't like it why don't they change it. People talk about the death of TUS or whatever but no one is here talking the time to change anything and just relying on MI right?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:41 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Maybe new generation of wormers stopped playing for the win? Has evolution of our consciousness happened?  :D So much less people struggle to show that they are better than someone else, at least I see this sort of attitude in real life

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Maybe new generation of wormers stopped playing for the win? Has evolution of our consciousness happened?  :D So much less people struggle to show that they are better than someone else, at least I see this sort of attitude in real life

stop being offended because hysteria damnit, you're coming out super obvious and defensive and just throwing up random theories you come up with as if anything goes. It won't be so bad to lose the shit scheme, stop being so closed minded and egoistical.

God forbid you will have to lose a bunch of games at schemes you don't like because you suck at.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:15 PM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 01:33 PM »
95% of ppl in this thread are not playing league at all.

just saying.

Offline Casso

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 01:36 PM »
This argument is based on how to get people to play more clanner and increase the activity but you, Aerox, continue to pull out topics that have nothing to do with it such as hysteria and how you hate everyone who play this scheme without contributing in any way with constructive ideas, in fact you're the first who insults others when they propose ideas that you don't share. I'm really tired of you, stop dirting every thread with your shit.