Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:47 AM

Author Topic: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?  (Read 14508 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 01:44 PM »
without contributing in any way with constructive ideas

this is rich, hypocrite, and delusional. Like the rest of your paragraph.

I've played this game long enough to know what I'm talking about, if you want to debate it, try arguments, not personal bullshit.

And if this argument is too much effort for you then leave it, we're closer than ever to a reasonable conclusion, something you "active" players haven't been able to achieve in all this time here, because quite frankly, and let me throw that ball back in your yard, you're the one adding nothing to the conversation, or have you ever?

At least I take the time to express reasonable arguments, which you might disagree with, and that's when you counter the points, not throw random insults in a letter titled irony. But I've given mine enough time, so if you really think you're going to debate what I'm saying here, by all means be my guest, and be the first.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:50 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Casso

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2014, 02:00 PM »
without contributing in any way with constructive ideas

this is rich, hypocrite, and delusional. Like the rest of your paragraph.

I've played this game long enough to know what I'm talking about, if you want to debate it, try arguments, not personal bullshit.

And if this argument is too much effort for you then leave it, we're closer than ever to a reasonable conclusion, something you "active" players haven't been able to achieve in all this time here, because quite frankly, and let me throw that ball back in your yard, you're the one adding nothing to the conversation, or have you ever?

At least I take the time to express reasonable arguments, which you might disagree with, and that's when you counter the points, not throw random insults in a letter titled irony. But I've given mine enough time, so if you really think you're going to debate what I'm saying here, by all means be my guest, and be the first.

I don't want to waste more words with you because I know that it would be useless, so I will answer by quoting this comment by impossible.

perfect league would be the one without hyst, thats true. but we're talking about activity here, and removing hysteria will rather reduce activity than increase. its just too late to remove it. too many players got into it and removing hysteria will mean removing all those players.

Now find another prey to insult to show off your skills in English. Cheers ! :)

Offline Senator

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31 PM »
And also, most Worms clans are waaaaay too big, understandably, I wouldn't want great players competing against my clan either!

+1

I will create a clan with my fellows as soon as they are allowed to have two clans. Even if I was asked to join TdC,  1) I don't want to feel responsible for losses and 2) I don't want to share the success with 20 players, mostly friends of a friend. Now different social networks are forced into one clan losing the whole idea of a clan. Any fake/fixed match attempts can be easily prevented with added rules (see my post) so why not make this possible? More clans = greater chance for a clanner.

Offline darKz

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2014, 02:46 PM »
95% of ppl in this thread are not playing league at all.

just saying.
And there are reasons to that. We're pointing out those reasons. Your argument is invalid.

Just saying.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2014, 03:22 PM »
DAMN (they didn't want to, and they prefered to play singles)

You are wrong...since the beginning of the new season only me have played "actively"...how could i accept a clanner alone?

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2014, 03:38 PM »
I'm going to university 1st September, and I think I won't have much time for even league games, not mentioning clanner games :\

che clan is pretty inactive now. Korydex say that he's just sick of W:A already, he have tried all the schemes  :D Dmitry is playing World of Tanks, hehe. And I'm studying math

I think clanning can be replaced with 2v2 team league games. But for involving players to play 2v2 games, MI should add that iframe thing, as has been mentioned by Senator. I would totally go to the tus site, click the "Search" button, and just wait for the game  8)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2014, 03:38 PM »
If csongor und monkeyisland  are not avoider I would love to play clanners  :-*

Offline Peja

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2014, 03:52 PM »

just saying.
And there are reasons to that. We're pointing out those reasons. Your argument is invalid.

Just saying.

you guys stopped playing while there still was a lot of activity. noone of you even tried to compete with dt while they were in their prime (exept komo), 
you guys got bored of wa long ago, dont act like its a matter of todays low competetion or hysteria or whatever. if you would be competetive you wouldnt have missed the chance to beat the most succesful clan in this league. you would not care for hysteria, you would not care for attention, just beating them in their prime would be enough reason for playing.
on topic. lets give it time, this community focused on single schemes because there was no motivation for allround stuff, while playing single schemes got promoted with money and trophies. you cant expect to turn around a trend which exists since years within 2 weeks. bring back activity to classic league is fine and needed.

about clanning, maybe we should start to think different. there are actually clans competing in wormolympics, maybe its a matter of schemes. we could actually try to merge classic and free league.
for example: allow all schemes in clanners, give points *3 for winning a  former classic league scheme.

this way clans like uc would get involved and automaticly forced to play and get into classic schemes. ofc purists will hate this idea, nevertheless there are many schemes in free league which are more skillfull/ less luckbased than the "classic" ones.

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Hussar

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Lets maybe start with some ideas guys,

dArkz what would u bring back to playing a league ?

Offline Ray

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2014, 04:17 PM »

just saying.

Just saying.

you guys stopped playing while there still was a lot of activity. noone of you even tried to compete with dt while they were in their prime (exept komo), 
you guys got bored of wa long ago, dont act like its a matter of todays low competetion or hysteria or whatever. if you would be competetive you wouldnt have missed the chance to beat the most succesful clan in this league. you would not care for hysteria, you would not care for attention, just beating them in their prime would be enough reason for playing.
on topic. lets give it time, this community focused on single schemes because there was no motivation for allround stuff, while playing single schemes got promoted with money and trophies. you cant expect to turn around a trend which exists since years within 2 weeks. bring back activity to classic league is fine and needed.

about clanning, maybe we should start to think different. there are actually clans competing in wormolympics, maybe its a matter of schemes. we could actually try to merge classic and free league.
for example: allow all schemes in clanners, give points *3 for winning a  former classic league scheme.

this way clans like uc would get involved and automaticly forced to play and get into classic schemes. ofc purists will hate this idea, nevertheless there are many schemes in free league which are more skillfull/ less luckbased than the "classic" ones.

First of all, don't do that, don't start analyzing why "we" stopped playing, you don't know us, you only started playing W:A when we have been playing for many years so please just don't give us (and me) this crap, please.

I appreciate the idea and on paper, would bring the desired results on some level, kinda like a two brids one rock thing. But if we were clanning and someone would say they pick Mole Shopper, I would turn my PC off and go for a swim or whatever and I am quite sure many people agree with me on this.

In WormOlympics, clans are not competing, singles are being counted for clans, like the Activity Standings on TUS.

I'm going to university 1st September, and I think I won't have much time for even league games, not mentioning clanner games :\

che clan is pretty inactive now. Korydex say that he's just sick of W:A already, he have tried all the schemes  :D Dmitry is playing World of Tanks, hehe. And I'm studying math

I think clanning can be replaced with 2v2 team league games. But for involving players to play 2v2 games, MI should add that iframe thing, as has been mentioned by Senator. I would totally go to the tus site, click the "Search" button, and just wait for the game  8)
No, clanning cannot be replaced with that. I hate playing with random people knowing that my hard earned singles points are in their hands and not mine, that's a bad idea in my opinion.

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29 PM »
As lalo mentioned, I am inactive. Life is sometimes more busy and I hardly have time to play a clanner. Posting here take me 2 minutes while clanning takes 2 hours. There is not much that could bring me back except if I lost my job/stop being a student but I am not as good as Rash for that :D.To be honest, I don't think removing a scheme will bring clanner active again but I might be wrong. I like Peja idea. I'd just propose to give weight to scheme. Even if I agree with ropa idea that depth is needed, I also believe that the community is not big enough to have the luxury to remove scheme and 'force' things. Mabye it wouldn't be so fun to play a mole shoppa but it's still better than no clanner at all. Well, that's what I think.
I think of the state of wwp as a possible future state for WA. There you can't force people to not play the most popular scheme. If you do that then no one will play the game because the community is already very small.
About the whole hysteria thing. I don't think this is the right place to discuss about it. However, I acknowledge that someone like Xray is definitely better and it requires lot of training. The thing is, it is not as easy to see as in a TTRR. For most case he does not have to use one tricky move where you have to train a lot and therefore his 'hard learnt skills' are not as relevant as in RR or most other classic schemes. The learning curve is different and result not that obvious.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2014, 05:03 PM »
1. First week for league singles (only 1v1 allowed!)
2. Second week for league clanners (only clanners!)
3. Third week for league teams (2v2, 3v3) (only team playing!)
4. Fourth week for playing PO and stuff
5. ???
6. PROFIT

Break it in different proportion, if someone doesn't like playing only 1 week singles, or only 1 week clanners, maybe drop the 3rd item from the list
But you got the idea xd

Players who are not in a clan will be forced to join a clan if they want to continue playing league. Those players who don't play clanners while being a member of some clan will start to play clanners aswell

Offline darKz

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2014, 06:33 PM »
Berria:
I don't think I'll play W:A again anytime soon, the point in time when I would've continued playing has long passed and tbh I've grown tired of all the discussion here.

Let me add just this, my thoughts about the actual root of the problem.

When I started playing this game it was out for a good 1.5 years and roping was already well established. When I saw these guys go crazy in Ropers and Warmers I instantly wanted to learn how to do it myself, to be able to compete with them. So I practised roping like 6 hours/day in order to become just nearly as good as them. After a while I found out about leagues and registered for cl2k div2 - that's when I realized just how bad I still was, so I went back to practise. Of course I also played public Shoppers etc, but the amount of time I spent just roping in Singleplayer was far greater. That's how ambitious I was.
There was no easy way to become a real part of the competitive community. You basically had to earn your right to play in Warmers with certain people. The community was full of elitists and fairly hard to access. But to me that wasn't an all-negative thing - I had an incredible amount of fun trying to build up a reputation and to get the community's recognition/acknowledgement. There was a (distant) goal to work towards. It's sort of how the real world works.

Nowadays it's all just so different. I don't think I would've sticked around for too long if I had started playing W:A in 2013/14. And I know many others wouldn't, either.

I didn't write all this because I want that feeling back (of course I do), but because I honestly don't think that today's newbies have an ambition and excitement anywhere close to what I (or 'we') experienced back then.

W:A has been on Steam for a while now, WormNET activity hasn't decreased (not significantly at least, I don't know the actual numbers), yet the league is having an all-time low. I rest my case.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline rU`

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2014, 08:54 PM »
When I started playing this game it was out for a good 1.5 years and roping was already well established. When I saw these guys go crazy in Ropers and Warmers I instantly wanted to learn how to do it myself, to be able to compete with them. So I practised roping like 6 hours/day in order to become just nearly as good as them. After a while I found out about leagues and registered for cl2k div2 - that's when I realized just how bad I still was, so I went back to practise. Of course I also played public Shoppers etc, but the amount of time I spent just roping in Singleplayer was far greater. That's how ambitious I was.
There was no easy way to become a real part of the competitive community. You basically had to earn your right to play in Warmers with certain people. The community was full of elitists and fairly hard to access. But to me that wasn't an all-negative thing - I had an incredible amount of fun trying to build up a reputation and to get the community's recognition/acknowledgement. There was a (distant) goal to work towards. It's sort of how the real world works.

Couldn't agree more. Totally my feelings.

Just want to say that The DAMNED played a good amount of clanners the last season, yet we didn't make it for the playoff spot even being the second ranked in said season. So here you see how a new clan loses motivation for the current season.

I have also a lot of thoughts about this but I don't feel like sharing them now as I'm on holidays.

If anything,  it's only healthy what we're just discussing on this thread for the community.

Fingers crossed there will be a good outcome of this. 
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2014, 09:30 PM »
I agree a lot with Dark here.

It is all about the competition and wanting to learn to be as good as others. Having a point to prove. There is none of that anymore.

Personally, my drive to play was through inspiration.
RR'ing someone thinking "I want to beat him...", coming back to ensure that happens. Now there is no drive, nothing to prove.
I guess a lot of older players feel the same, competitively.

Quite simply, we are less motivated, we move on.

It would be hard to get an oldschooler back - the competition is not there in my opinion. Hell, I would get into the playoffs every season if I was active, and I am no allrounder.

Sounds very negative,  but in my opinion that is the state of the game. If people are still enjoying it, then that is brilliant but I've been there and done that like many others, and have no energy for more.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:19 AM by Ryan »