Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:35 AM

Author Topic: League scheme changes  (Read 895 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: League scheme changes
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 01:54 PM »
allround aerial scheme change from https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-312/ to https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-2175/

This is officially changed. But we'll need to wait next season for MI to apply it. If you want to play with this scheme already, I'm sure he'll approve it. Default is BO3, BO1 if both players agree.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 04:37 PM »
This is officially changed. But we'll need to wait next season for MI to apply it. If you want to play with this scheme already, I'm sure he'll approve it. Default is BO3, BO1 if both players agree.
I'd like to see also the ability to Bo1 if you let opponent have first turn, same as in intermediate, this was a very good Senator suggestion.  That way all allround schemes can be played Bo1.  Many people don't like aerial and don't want to play Bo3. 

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 04:46 PM »
I'd like to see also the ability to Bo1 if you let opponent have first turn, same as in intermediate, this was a very good Senator suggestion.  That way all allround schemes can be played Bo1.  Many people don't like aerial and don't want to play Bo3.

Pretty sure Senator said this is going to be the case for all Bo3 schemes.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2024, 04:49 PM »
I agree with what have been said above ^

more:

allround aerial scheme change from https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-312/ to https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-2175/

allround team17 is fine the way it is, I think its ok to have multiple t17 schemes. allround team17 scheme is suitable for boring double layer cave maps. Deadcode's t17 scheme is suitable for TTL games, team17 matches on island maps. both schemes should be used for different mapstyles.

TFL kaos: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-801/ this is the most important that needs to change asap imo :D this is seriously one of the worst and stupidest kaos scheme variant ever.. its from 2012, also way outdated. it has 2x damage from utilitycrates, teleports in weaponcrates, sheepstrike, invisibility, no retreat time, no hotseat time.. this scheme was surely uploaded by someone who has never played kaos in his WA-life (or got stuck around 2010, when Kaos scheme was yet a toddler with many failures), and has no idea how it works, how a kaos scheme should look like in 2024, and what is it about. just because mablak's name is there, that doesn't mean its a working scheme, guys please.. :) update this, just to anything else. if any more WA updates will come alive in the future, it will probably contain the option to disable double turntime from kaos scheme, so when thats available, everyone's going to update their kaos schemes anyway, cuz most kaos players don't want double turntime either.. but seriously, noone plays kaos with 2x damage enabled since 10 years.. change this, there are some good working kaos schemes even on TUS database
(funnily enough, if you take a look at the comment section of the scheme https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-801/msg143978/#msg143978
even back then in 2012 experienced kaos players raged out for this nonsensical scheme =D)

TFL boom race: Triad's newly uploaded scheme which is perfect for multibooming: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-5471/

TFL walk for weapons: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-56/ this is the current tus scheme, not many of you know, cuz not many of you actually play/played this scheme, but this scheme lacks a lot of weapons. there are some WfW maps out there which require weapons like: bow, 1cow, minigun, bat, and this scheme doesn't have those. sometimes it was annoying to play WfW TFL game, while my opponent + me knew we couldn't use certain weapons because only the scheme itself lacked it.
Do you or other kaos enjoyers have a suggestion for an alternative kaos scheme?  I'm not a kaos player so don't know what would be good as an alternative.

Also added WfW as a non-controversial scheme that needs an edit. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 04:56 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2024, 04:54 PM »
Also, once the changes get enacted, I would like to see a scheme pack for leagues that is easily accessible to players with linear scheme names, for example:

[ TUS Allround ] Aerial
[ TUS Allround ] T17
[ TUS T17 League ] TTL T17
[ TUS Free ] Boomrace

Also put in a location that is more prominent, if MI could send an automessage or something to people joining the website with a link to the scheme pack, that would be excellent.

Most of the official schemes already are like this, be cognizant of this if you are uploading a new scheme to be used in leagues.  I like playing sensei aerial scheme but I do not enjoy looking for it on my long list of schemes, as well as the other variants like deadcode17 for ttl.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:30 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2024, 05:33 PM »
Do you or other kaos enjoyers have a suggestion for an alternative kaos scheme?  I'm not a kaos player so don't know what would be good as an alternative.

Also added WfW as a non-controversial scheme that needs an edit.

the HostingBuddy version of Kaos is perfect, it doesnt have teleport, nor invisibiities to play hide and seek games, nor 2x damage to destroy the whole map in 15 seconds. it lacks some other options tho, and it has big weapons still like sheep strike.

my kaos scheme fix all of the above: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4498/

I just realised there is a "bug" or something on TUS, whenever I open a new kaos scheme uploaded here, I see 2x damage enabled, while in reality the scheme doesn't have 2x damage.. this makes it harder for me to search for other normal kaos schemes.. :D my scheme shows double damage aswell, it doesn't have it tho..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:48 PM by Lupastic »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2024, 05:36 PM »
Many people don't like aerial and don't want to play Bo3.

Totally get this and respect it!
Although, lot of these people remember Aerial as a scheme they've played against Chelsea and similar players (darksiding tactics). With random mines, without sudden death etc, etc...
Scheme changed for 180 degrees and people should give it another chance.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 05:45 PM »
Totally get this and respect it!
Although, lot of these people remember Aerial as a scheme they've played against Chelsea and similar players (darksiding tactics). With random mines, without sudden death etc, etc...
Scheme changed for 180 degrees and people should give it another chance.

Yoo i loved playing Chelsea but this one time i played vs a guy named Sensei, jeeeesus put me off aerial for life. but no FR good times Sunday aerial. 

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2024, 06:06 PM »
Haha <3
Oh, shit..Totally forgot about this. Thanks for reminding, Chris. Apparently there was 12 of these sunday tourneys and last one hosted 2018. Time really flies. Hope to get you guys play a few more in near future.

Offline Senator

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2024, 06:19 PM »
Teleport removed from big RR scheme - it serves no purpose

There's a few options how to deal with maps that have plops
1. Enable anti-sink so that you will return to the previous spot and continue from there. Now the question is, can you continue your turn or should you skip the remaining turn (like when you fall and lose control)?
2. If you plop, you just lose instantly

Anti-sink + skip the remaining turn seems to be the closest alternative to the current rule (teleport another worm to the previous spot).

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2024, 03:59 PM »
Non-controversial changes to schemes will be enacted in the next week - I plan to post some polls in the future to gauge interest on the proposed changes to the more controversial ones. 

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2024, 10:04 PM »
after having played and discussed this with Wal, TFL parachute race + TFL jetpack race should also have no worm collision for obvious reasons, so those schemes need update (ffs, 12-14 years later it was time to fix this -.- :D )

I'd also like to ask TFL JPR scheme description to be updated https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-151/

I think either we play the time trial or the fuel trial version, it should be 4 worms, not 3. 4 worms, just as in TTRR. and I'm pretty sure low gravity is not needed in the scheme arsenal..

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2024, 11:50 PM »
I am in favour of batty rope for Big RR and Tower, with phased worms there's nothing to worry about it, right? I'm in favor of LDET for BRR and Tower too, since it is better to spectate on a stream, less boring and it encourages speed over caution. Rubber bounciness might be even better, but I think LDET is easier to people accept it for the league and less complicated, since physics will change less and we don't need to worry about bounciness values.

I am sure that whoever created the feature that the power goes back after reaching max force, this person was thinking in BnG, because BnG is the best scheme for this feature for sure. This feature exists since long ago with TestStuff and this is the time to apply it to BnG. For other schemes, though,  there are many haters of this feature, because people forget about it and make horrible shots that ruin the turn and the strategy. So, definitely it is urgent that this feature and all the so many others that were designed mainly thinking in BnG long time ago (such as reaim) be applied for BnG. And the reaim one, I'm in favor to the one that it resets to a random spot, not aways zero degrees.

I came here to post that, agree absolutely with everything, specially on the big rr changes, batty + ldet. Rubber is too much change.
So frustrating when your time ends in the very end of a very high climb and you have to climb it all over again losing so much time, this would solve it.

Other schemes I won't opine because I'm not too familiar with them.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2024, 12:01 AM »
Big rr could have battyrope, but certainly not tower race. Tower maps have special parts where you need to make a good turn in order to bypass a certain obstacle or fly here and there. Having batty for these parts would make the scheme very noob-friendly. Imo it would simplify the scheme too much. I'm also quite sure that most big rr maps don't require batty at all löl cuz they don't have such difficult parts, where it would help a player to stay on rope at the end of the turn. But for towers, you need to know where to stop, when to wait, and scout the map ahead.

Not sure about ldet, maybe it would be funner to play like that.. But with ldet you could shortcut big flies.. most hard maps you can just cheese by tossing your worm and not worrying about losing a turn.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 12:03 AM by Lupastic »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2024, 06:05 AM »
Big rr could have battyrope, but certainly not tower race. Tower maps have special parts where you need to make a good turn in order to bypass a certain obstacle or fly here and there. Having batty for these parts would make the scheme very noob-friendly. Imo it would simplify the scheme too much. I'm also quite sure that most big rr maps don't require batty at all löl cuz they don't have such difficult parts, where it would help a player to stay on rope at the end of the turn. But for towers, you need to know where to stop, when to wait, and scout the map ahead.

Not sure about ldet, maybe it would be funner to play like that.. But with ldet you could shortcut big flies.. most hard maps you can just cheese by tossing your worm and not worrying about losing a turn.

Good points you said. Maybe for Tower Batty Rope could be removed, but not sure. It's still very useful most of the times, falling is something bad, and Tower usually comes with teleport in the scheme exactly because people can teleport back where they were, so batty would avoid teleporting.

About the big flies and swooshes, even without LDET people can progress these parts hitting on the ground, I don't think it would change things so much, because when you hit the ground you do loose time. It's always better to don't hit the ground. And loose 1 whole turn is bad just due to one part of the map. For Tower if all players agree it would be interesting to try Rubber bounciness, but I doubt people would agree.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:07 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'