Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:22 AM

Poll

Do you prefer an overall reset of the leagues?

Yes
No
Not sure

Author Topic: Leagues overall reset poll  (Read 6662 times)

Re: Leagues overall reset poll
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 12:50 PM »
reset it already

Offline spleen17

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 12:52 PM »
let's keep the reset part and the noobbasher issue seprated.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that league will be reset, and I want to thank MI for listening to us and making this poll :)

I just hope the fresh league can be fair and fun and Asbest-free.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Divisions would be good idea (first division for best players only, and last for worst and newcomers. PO played for promotion to better division etc.) but unfortunately league isn't active enough...

Offline Senator

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 03:55 PM »
A game limit makes it harder for new players to get games under their belt. For a returning pro it would be hard to qualify for PO.

I totally understand the concern about them not having enough people to play though, so maybe you could allow returning players to request their restrictions to be lifted after reaching a certain amount of games/points.

Could be actually automatic, like this way:

If a player has played 50 games or less overall, his seasonal game limit is 5 games per player. Once he has played 50 games overall, his game limit is normal 15 games per player. The new player would need to play at least 9 more opponents during his 1st season before he could play against the 1st noob-basher again. After 50 games it should be less rewarding to bash him more.

Combine that with lower base points for the first 10 games or so in each scheme and the noob-bashing days are gone 8)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:31 PM by Senator »

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Why you are making it complicated?

A potential noob to be bashed, is someone with zero wins, ever. So if I find someone on AG and ask him to register only that I can report, that would fit our criteria.

If a player has played 50 games or less overall, his seasonal game limit is 5 games per player. Once he has played 50 games overall, his game limit is normal 15 games per player. The new player would need to play at least 9 more opponents during his 1st season before he could play against the 1st noob-basher again. After 50 games it should be less rewarding to bash him more.

That wouldn't solve asbest's problem atm. He could find new noobs and play 5 games each.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 06:45 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems it's only Asbest who is abusing the noobbashing and taking it to the next level. Without him is there a problem?

That aside some rule in place would help any future problems
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:32 AM by Rabbit »

Offline Senator

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 10:36 PM »
@MI

Ah u meant 5 games in total in your first post, not 5 games against each newcomer.

It needs to be complicated to cover all situations xd

For example, someone may have played just BnG and even won one game but he is still total noob in other schemes.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 10:46 PM »
For example, someone may have played just BnG and even won one game but he is still total noob in other schemes.
sen i see what you did there, no need to troll me

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 05:17 AM »
Ah u meant 5 games in total in your first post, not 5 games against each newcomer.

Yes 5 players with noobs in the entire season. 5 games overall.
We could expand the definition of noob though. If a "noob" is playing like 10 different people but losing all. Should the lock exclude him?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Senator

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 10:05 AM »
sen i see what you did there, no need to troll me

:D

I would just like to fix the problem that u can get too many free points (~40 per scheme) from noobs. For example some people got good points from those South Africans when they started playing tus (they played against each others so they won some games too). Imo the point difference is not big enough if I get +70 for beating dibz in WxW and someone gets +40 for beating a noob (who has 1000 points but is actually a 800 points player). That's why I suggested lower base points (+20/-20) for beating a guy with few games. The system shouldn't give or take full points until a player's skill level is known.

What if we have like 2 newcomers losing their all games? Will they run out of opponents if they don't play against each other? ;D It's rare that someone plays against several opponents and loses his all games, though. Maybe it can happen if we have like two iMacG5's :D

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (โ—•โ—กโ—•)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 09:17 AM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/free-standings/Mole_Shopper/?s=overall

Just please :'( :'( don't touch this... It costed me more than 1 year... let me play these 10 games before you do any changes :'(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 09:37 AM »
Just please :'( :'( don't touch this... It costed me more than 1 year... let me play these 10 games before you do any changes :'(

Don't worry, reset won't happen until the end of Season 50 at least, so you still have at least 46 days to play 10 more games :)

Check here for information: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/seasons-info/

Offline spleen17

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems it's only Asbest who is abusing the noobbashing and taking it to the next level. Without him is there a problem?

Yeah this.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 11:36 PM »
What if you just make a rule "no noobbashing" to be judged at mods discretion. You break the rules and banned for the season and all winning games voided. There is hardly ever anyone that abuses the noobbashing so it should be easy to deal with this way.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:48 PM by Rabbit »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2016, 12:10 AM »
Nah imo we should try alternative rules to rise up the competivity, season 51 will be the dawn of the new glorious tus league era!