Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:06 AM

Poll

Do you prefer an overall reset of the leagues?

Yes
No
Not sure

Author Topic: Leagues overall reset poll  (Read 6660 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Re: Leagues overall reset poll
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Nah imo we should try alternative rules to rise up the competivity, season 51 will be the dawn of the new glorious tus league era!
That sound good. "A new tus era"

Offline Sensei

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Divisions would be good idea (first division for best players only, and last for worst and newcomers. PO played for promotion to better division etc.) but unfortunately league isn't active enough...

This would really be great if community had more active players.
Classes separated in divisions. Worst players of each division would be in "dropout" zones, switched with best players of lower divisions.. League would have better flow, players would be competing only vs guys with similar skills and those who improved should just be sent off to higher rank and vice versa..

But yeah, it's more utopia than good idea, atm :)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2016, 02:19 AM »
worms bundesliga :o

Offline Street

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46 AM »
i like this idea aswell xD whit my newb skills i will be at lowest division whit newcomers

[NBRthewalrus] cheap pro street

Offline rU`

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 07:33 PM »
good idea
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 09:51 PM »
Divisions would be good idea (first division for best players only, and last for worst and newcomers. PO played for promotion to better division etc.) but unfortunately league isn't active enough...

This would really be great if community had more active players.

don't call ppl n00bz if they win by rollers, joke with people more, smile to a lost game... just stop being robots obssessed with stats, there is a huge difference between playing with pizza or street workout than playing with a person who can't wait for doing ' report ' click -,- everytime I happen to win a classic game everyone is so ' shocked ' ... so weirded out.... acting as if they were meant to win into a logic " zalo plays mole, I play classic, zalo is not meant to win here.... oh.. he wins... damn lucker he is, If only I was focused more, he would stand no chance... " and the story repeats... sometimes I feel a real discomfort playing with some self crowned " WA elders " because it really pushes people off if somebody talks about his experience 100% of time and calls ur every win a lucky one... not to look far - Hush. I felt like he was my biggest role model in terms of Bungee Races but damn... people are getting more and more posh and nerdy throughout the years. There are maybe 2-3 tus classic players I met with who I was able to talk about life a bit. For this reason I think I loved WA multiplayer above all my ps3 games, for the flexibity of a loose talk, which seems to slowly disappear in people.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:05 PM by Zalo »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Zalo, you tend to get very pushy and arrogant sometimes. At least I've experienced that side of you. So, before judging whole community based on their social skills, start from yourself.

And yeah, I agree that big majority here cares more about pts than having fun. But, that's why there's terms: League/Funner.

don't call ppl n00bz if they win by rollers

If no one call them noob or lame, they'll never change.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:50 PM by Sensei »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 11:44 PM »
And yeah, I agree that big majority here cares more about pts than having fun. But, that's why there's terms: League/Funner.

This is directed at Zalo too I just couldn't be bothered quoting him.

Most people have fun with this game at heart, their friends, but they also take League seriously, and they don't like when they get screwed over by loopholes/faults in the system.

Everything on WA Online stems from Leagues, without Leagues WA would be dead online.

There are hundreds of extremely skilled League players and most of they enjoy other schemes also that usually don't get played in Leagues, who the hell do you think teaches all the newcomers?

Don't take it for granted, without us serious players, you'd have nothing ;)

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2016, 06:02 AM »
Zalo, you tend to get very pushy and arrogant sometimes. At least I've experienced that side of you. So, before judging whole community based on their social skills, start from yourself.

don't call ppl n00bz if they win by rollers

If no one call them noob or lame, they'll never change.

You must be joking... After our Tus game you had complained for 40 minutes that I shouldn't had won that Bng on AG#... damn 40 minutes...  dude... talking endlessly about my rollers that I Seriously wanted to not report that game... and I proposed not reporting it. You actually even started the game with the idea of making some points out of me because it was so ' obvious ' to you that you would win and later you cared only about proving me that it was not deserved the least bit.

as the game went into a report Sensei goes into forum and writes " I was bad in this game, but ye, congratz zalo, gj"

I am an asshole sometimes, I was an asshole to a Sniper in our bungee race cup because of a rule he introduced there but... I cannot understand people who call me a n00b if my nade didn't explode mid air above the target, and it seriously goes into keeping myself far from either players or schemes.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:47 AM by Zalo »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 06:45 AM »
43 days left till the reset, ew.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Street

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 09:34 AM »
''don't call ppl n00bz''

Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more

I my self enjoy playing whit newcomers, and they pation and will to lern i inspire them aswell . I am newb too at some point ,but i enjoy the game and like to improve my skills.

[NBRthewalrus] cheap pro street

Offline spleen17

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2016, 09:37 AM »
I have to agree, "No moaning about rollers or lame shots" should be added to league bng rules.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2016, 10:33 AM »
I have to agree, "No moaning about rollers or lame shots" should be added to league bng rules.

I disagree. It would only create more nitpicking and drama. If you play league, you play to win, and lame shot contributes to aggressive play.
''don't call ppl n00bz''

Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more

I my self enjoy playing whit newcomers, and they pation and will to lern i inspire them aswell . I am newb too at some point ,but i enjoy the game and like to improve my skills.

Heh yeah, got that right. Newbies = Basically new and willing to learn. Noobs = Lack many attributes: Language, communication, will and respect.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline spleen17

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2016, 10:48 AM »

I disagree. It would only create more nitpicking and drama. If you play league, you play to win, and lame shot contributes to aggressive play.

Such shots are not against the rules, if someone is calling their opponent a noob or making them feel like they don't deserve the win then that for me constitutes insulting/trolling behaviour.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2016, 10:57 AM »
This isn't aimed at a specific person, it's aimed at anyone:

What a lot of utter nonsense.

A 4s grenade that bounces a few times is not a lame/cheap shot when used correctly, sometimes they are the only shot efficient enough to hit, if you have to miss 10+ shots to hit your opponent with 3s or 5s LG because their hide is super evil then you're a f**king moron, you may as well just quit playing cuz you're wasting your time.

There is a huge difference between someone throwing a few rollers to fit the situation because their opponent hides really evil, and someone like Chelsea who does it constantly even if their opponent is easy to hit with multiple other shots.

For example especially in 2v2 games sometimes usually after 10-15+ minutes 1 side has no hides left, so there is nowhere good to hide yet your opponents are sitting comfortable in super tight hides, it's the OBVIOUS shot to use a roller to try and draw them out.

Also, if someone has tried to shoot you with some nice shots several times but it keeps bouncing on 1/2 pixels above, it's ok to try and attack with a roller.

Kinda like, in real life, violence is horrible, it's lame, it's mostly primitive, you can't just go around stabbing people n stuff cuz people tend to frown about that, but if some guy walks up to you and threatens your life for no reason you can defend yourself by using violence, sometimes you have no other choice, it's not so lame then when you are fighting for your life.

And for those of you who say "violence is never the answer", well good luck to you when you are lying in a pool of your own blood dying, no one to save you, no police to bring justice, you are F**KED, because you weren't strong enough to do what it takes to survive, it's completely natural to fight for your survival, especially when faced with superior enemies.

Man, what the actual f**k am I talking about now how did I end up here? Fun times :)