Forums
May 01, 2024, 12:44 AM

Poll

Do you prefer an overall reset of the leagues?

Yes
No
Not sure

Author Topic: Leagues overall reset poll  (Read 6685 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Leagues overall reset poll
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 05:01 AM »
Actually I'm thinking about putting some lock on the noob-bashing. For example when you try to report, system first checks if your opponent has played or won any games at all. So if he is new to the league, system won't let you report. (or you can report only 5 games in the entire season vs new players)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 05:24 AM »
Nice, great idea, which criteria is going to use to recognize that, the amount of overall games played? How about the signup date on TUS?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:47 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Peja

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 05:39 AM »
Actually I'm thinking about putting some lock on the noob-bashing. For example when you try to report, system first checks if your opponent has played or won any games at all. So if he is new to the league, system won't let you report. (or you can report only 5 games in the entire season vs new players)

just implement a point system similar to the one ONL uses and your problem would be solved without limiting the games of your players.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:30 AM by Peja »
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Actually I'm thinking about putting some lock on the noob-bashing.

Awesome :)

For example when you try to report, system first checks if your opponent has played or won any games at all. So if he is new to the league, system won't let you report. (or you can report only 5 games in the entire season vs new players)

Only problem with that is if 2 new players register and want to play each other :/

Also, there are people who are still considered noobs even after being registered to TuS for many years...

An idea I had:

Players ranked 1-100 cannot play players who have been registered for less than 6 months.

Players ranked 101-200 can play newly registered players but have an alternative game per season limit(Instead of 15, perhaps 2 or 3).

Players ranked 201+ can play newly registered players as normal.

Seems like a good idea in theory to me but the chances of getting people to realize it are slim...

Offline Senator

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Is it better to limit the number of games against new players or reward noob-bashing with less points? A game limit makes it harder for new players to get games under their belt. For a returning pro it would be hard to qualify for PO.

Could the base (standard) point be +20/-20 instead of +40/-40 when your opponent has played a scheme less than X number of games? For the new player the base points would still be +40/-40 so he could reach his actual rating level quickly.

Also, there are people who are still considered noobs even after being registered to TuS for many years...

That's irrelevant though if the system checks the number of played games as MI said. Or u mean some people are considered noobs even after playing dozens of games? In that case their overall rating is low and u don't get many points for bashing them..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:40 AM by Senator »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 08:35 AM »

So, throw an atom bomb (I mean reset) cancelled? :o

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Is it better to limit the number of games against new players or reward noob-bashing with less points?

Or maybe even both :D

A game limit makes it harder for new players to get games under their belt. For a returning pro it would be hard to qualify for PO.

Remember that returning pros who start with 1000 points actually get easier points to begin with.

So actually limiting their games in this way actually helps kill 2 birds with 1 rock. ;)

I totally understand the concern about them not having enough people to play though, so maybe you could allow returning players to request their restrictions to be lifted after reaching a certain amount of games/points.

That's irrelevant though if the system checks the number of played games as MI said. Or u mean some people are considered noobs even after playing dozens of games?

What I mean is, for example Asbest has invited numerous noobs to TuS and reported wins vs them, this proposal can fix that problem, but another smaller problem still remains there are players who have played worms for many years and still suck, which means with my proposal it would fix 2 problems at same time, you see what I mean now?

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 09:08 AM »
So when leagues will be reseted?

Offline barman

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 09:09 AM »
So when leagues will be reseted?

Look at the first post 8)

If there's a success, the reset will start at the beginning of season #51.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Peja

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 09:17 AM »
Is it better to limit the number of games against new players or reward noob-bashing with less points?

Or maybe even both :D

A game limit makes it harder for new players to get games under their belt. For a returning pro it would be hard to qualify for PO.

Remember that returning pros who start with 1000 points actually get easier points to begin with.

So actually limiting their games in this way actually helps kill 2 birds with 1 rock. ;)

I totally understand the concern about them not having enough people to play though, so maybe you could allow returning players to request their restrictions to be lifted after reaching a certain amount of games/points.

That's irrelevant though if the system checks the number of played games as MI said. Or u mean some people are considered noobs even after playing dozens of games?

What I mean is, for example Asbest has invited numerous noobs to TuS and reported wins vs them, this proposal can fix that problem, but another smaller problem still remains there are players who have played worms for many years and still suck, which means with my proposal it would fix 2 problems at same time, you see what I mean now?

a solution which needs another fix because it creates new issues is worth nothing. add a dynamic point system and you can play as many games as you want. the current system works like 40/30/20/10/5 etc if you keep playing the same guy who is less skilled than you. if your system would adjust the points from the first games, in relation to the  games being played later, the statline would look like : 5/5/5/5/5. this seems quite fair to me. (numbers simplified for easier understanding) you could also reset overall stats every x years to get a more accurate measurement of skill. this would shift the focus to competitive gameplay instead of encouraging the stockpile of overall points in order to boost egos of players. overall stats should only exist to take the skill difference between two players into account when playing in an open league system.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 09:23 AM »
Quote from: asbest
if chelsea random barman want reset, well, i dont know then. they are absolute idiots then, or under some control

Quote from: asbest
i play for money and ratings, i dont care about MOST OF YOU IDIOTS. if you want to play for fun - play funners. what a differents? dont ruin leageus, fags
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:37 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 09:53 AM »
a solution which needs another fix because it creates new issues is worth nothing.

Hmm, what new issues are there?

add a dynamic point system and you can play as many games as you want. the current system works like 40/30/20/10/5 etc if you keep playing the same guy who is less skilled than you. if your system would adjust the points from the first games, in relation to the  games being played later, the statline would look like : 5/5/5/5/5. this seems quite fair to me. (numbers simplified for easier understanding)

I don't understand what you are trying to say here, what exactly are you suggesting by adjusting the points from the first games in relation to the games being played later? In what way? Why? That's the part you lost me at lol.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Reducing the points from newcomers would be good, but still wouldn't discourage noob-bashing completely.

How about putting a lock on it so you can report against new users but any points won from them will be 0, until that user plays 10 league games and plays against 3 different players (at which point all the points are then added).

Kaleu's idea of having newcomers post in a forum to get their account activated (like in ONL) would work too, at least that would stop the noobs from being able to play immediately (if someone like Asbest has convinved them to sign up just so he can bash them).

The best solution would obviously be just to ban Asbest, he is the only one abusing the system to this degree.

Offline ANO

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 12:36 PM »
The best solution would obviously be just to ban Asbest, he is the only one abusing the system to this degree.

Your ideas guys sound good but this is the one that makes more sense, he doesn't even need to get banned. If he was a man he would have asked to delete his games this season and started over again. But he is not. He is also asking why he cannot get unmuted... A guy that when he sees you in ag he starts with his insult routine, who spams the whole day, who fish noobs like this... He's also suffering form a NERD RAGE attack atm, you can open this link http://snoop.worms2d.info/ He is normally the one yelling in capital letters uhuahau.

let's keep the reset part and the noobbasher issue seprated.

Online Triad

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 12:46 PM »
For me the best idea is a combination of sbaffo's matchmaking idea and Kaleu's idea.

Basically add a matchmaking button to TUS, this will save time from spamming #AG with "tus anyone?" as well. Right after there's 2 players in matchmaking, they wait extra 60-120 seconds. Let's say a 3rd player joined. Let's say A, B and C clicked mm button. Their overall pts are 1000 1337 6969. System matches 1000 with 1337, and 6969 waits. If noone joined but those two players, they'll match. And even with mm system if someone will abuse system, then Kaleu's rule:

In the deep I don't want any rule to be added exclusively because 1 guy abusing the system, I want his games deleted and future abusers banned, everyone that wants to play a game competitively must have some common sense, noone should go full retard abusing players like that because there is not a very specific rule, its a matter of common sense. WA/TUS is pretty dead, why we should create another rule that might discourage new players? Isn't it better to ban 1,2.. player and get it done than possibly discourage dozens of newbies?

Basically some rule like if a player seems to not follow common sportsmanship rules, they might be banned from leagues according to mod's discretion, or some shit like that.

So TLDR: sbaffo's idea will solve opponnent picking and DoN problem, and Kaleu's idea will solve abuser problems.

Also forgot who mentioned it first but a bot sending auto message to newly registered players about website would be nice too.