Forums
May 26, 2024, 10:11 PM

Author Topic: Mods for leagues  (Read 6626 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Mods for leagues
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Thanks spleen, I value your opinion, I just had the idea you thought i'd be a bad MOD lol.

All in all, myself and avirex have both played this game since 1999, sure we argue but we do respect each other, we wouldn't have created a community together if we really didn't like each other, not only do we have the experience but we get along very well with pretty much all of the community, people have respect and trust for us, I just think we should put that experience and passion to good use.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 02:37 PM »
Maybe I could be mod?  :)

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 02:43 PM »
Maybe I could be mod?  :)
Now that's a great idea :D

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 02:52 PM »
Make me MOD for umm.... Lags? xD

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Exactly what Komo, and ANO said, and i think peja maybe mentioned too??

the way i act in forums, (like you said MI) is just me, being me.

for instance, i called you a jackass, thats just how i talk, and thats me.. that does not mean i dont have a great deal of respect for you, and what you have done for w:a (and i have made many posts expressing my appreciation towards your efforts) but thats does not mean i will "kiss your ass" or treat you with more respect then the next puto, at the end of the day, we are all men.. with the exception of dainub, and a couple other females who may or may not shave the bush.

but regardless of getting payed or not (which i know im not, just making a pont) i would consider this my job, and i would take pride in it, and do the best job that i can...  and i would know when im making "MOD posts" i will have to approach them with a different style of communication, i would do my best to be professional and polite..  so, like komo and ANO said, you would get a professional work environment avirex, not the beat around the forums having fun avirex...

I have more experience on this game then most people and more years or worms play then anyone, and komo as well... and like i said before, if me and komo can not come to an agreement, that means there is a problem... and we wont just flip a coin to decide, and move on to the next complaint, we will discuss it, get other members of the community involved (who choose to get involved) and decide on a new rule...  the rules should be clear enough that there will be no argument, or debate...  and right now they are not!! but by the time me and komo are done here, anyone would be capable of being a mod, even a member who has weak English skills can be a mod, because each situation will be noted in the rules, it will be a simple copy and paste of the rule, and decisions made "Void game, see rules section E: paragraph 2 www.heresthelinnk.com"

as i said, i knew your views of me would get in the way of the best decision for TUS (in my opinion) just like in my last complaint you made comments like...

"Also to other contributors, I'm sure no matter how detailed I make the TUS rulebook, there are certain people who will still find their way to open up another complaint."

and

" "Now"? I've been involved with loads of complaints for 6 years. There's nothing new regarding cows. Just some drama once in a while and most of the time with the same people involved."

i know those comments were directed to me, and in my opinion very much unjustified, i have been a member at TUS for several years now, and ill bet i have opened less then 10 complaints, and i bet i won at least 75% of the complaints... meaning i dont open complaints for no reason!

i do my best to play fair, and play by the rules, and im generally always a good sport, no matter how bitter i am from the loss, i always tell my opponent gg, and well played... ALWAYS.

so, you can have your opinions of me just because i bring a little fun to the forums that you may  not agree with, such as banter with komo or creating FoS (which we catch you browsing our private forums quite often) but that does not mean i will be a bad complaint mod.... 

sorry this was such a long post, but this is my presidential election speech :D

VOTE FOR AVI! <3

edit: one more note, the recent complaint with stylez, and vesuvio which sparked this entire discussion proves i can be a good mod... stylez is one of my best wormy buddies outside of my clan mates, and vesuvio has been nothing but an annoying complaint whore lately, but i still set my personal feelings aside, and believe it was not a dark side (after vesuvio showed that replay) as much as i would rather side with stylez!! i didn't....   VOTE FOR AVI!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:00 PM by avirex »

Offline rU`

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 05:39 PM »
Hmm, how to start off lol.

I don't see anyone from the current active people being a decent mod for tus xD

I don't think being old in this game is a requeriment either. 

This game needs a fresh mod that can act unbiased towards any case.

Well, this moderator I'm talking about would get some help from DarkOne, MonkeyIsland, and some of the inactive mods, privately, for the most controversial complaints and dramas... till they get enough experience to handle every situation by themselves.

I'd suggest Senator and spleen17 for moderator of this new TUS era.
Sorry if you guys don't want me to nominate you for this job, but you both are good examples for what I think a good mod would be convinient for the league.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Peja

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 05:49 PM »

One of them is that you need to be stable and calm. Both of you have raged on this very forum on many occasions. In fact so much that I can't count. I do accept your rage and you being yourselves as a member, but that's not acceptable to me for a moderator.

"The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone at her."

Ropa, if you want to sit around and give out brilliant ideas and expect people to listen and take notes, you gotta earn that position. So far, after being a W:A fossil, you've earned being one of *THE* most useless wormers around. Not only you haven't done any progress, you have had a negative effect on this community.

A decade ago, you were creating multiple accounts, posting nonsense on a newbie site to mock, remember? That was the reason you were banned. The level of illusion you are in, just baffles me. I have no words, seriously how deep one's head can go into his own ass?

we all feel offended at some point. i am pretty sure both of them will be able to controll themselves once its their job to act like that. i just know it would really help to have moderators who are:

-active on forums
-active on wormnet
- understand the mechanics of this game in all common schemes
- willing to improve rules so there are less complaints

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Anubis

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Back in AL when I handled complaints it was pretty easy work. We had excellent rules that tried to leave zero interpretation, in the rare case a complaint was not covered by the rules it was simply added after the complaint for further reference and making the work pretty simple. A complaint mod does not need a lot of skills, seriously. Also being calm or stable is not required because if you misbehave you will just get kicked out of the position, it's a voluntarily job that is not paid and brings no benefit for the involved person. It's basically something a robot could do if they were advanced enough to compare the in-game situation with the league rules. In case that an objectively view of a mod (favorably 2) is necessary you just create a new rule afterwards that covers the solution when both mods agree on the solution.

In a nutshell this is the requirement for a complaint mod:
    Able to read and understand the rules
    Execute minor administrative things regarding the league such as changing/deleting schemes/players/replays
    Check and lock threads on a daily basis

Note: This is just the position as a complaint mod, being a forum mod actually requires a bit more. ;) Complaint mods however, leave little room for bias, and if a mod is biased it's instantly seen because, well, he has to bypass rules and replays which are publicly available. Again, the major part of a complaint mod are simple tasks that leave little to no subjectively input.

If there's really someone thinking "omg we have no decent mods available", all I can really think of is Picard.

Offline nino

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 07:28 PM »
It is much more hard to be a MOD in real life!!! see your slaves doing shits and not be allowed  to kill them cos f@#!ing human rights!!!!

JK  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I <3 my slaves
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Hmm, how to start off lol.

I don't see anyone from the current active people being a decent mod for tus xD

I don't think being old in this game is a requeriment either. 

Maybe you cant see any people being a decent mod because  your not active??  at all...

and to celarify things, i dont think its a requirement to have decade+ of experience in order to be a good mod, i was just simply stating my attributes, and some of the reasons why i would be a good mod... however, i do think a worm should have a bare minimum of 2 years experience in worms, and league play before he should be considered for the position. 

Anubis post says it all, its easy to be a mod, if you have a proper rule book. I believe that by now, its common knowledge, that the rule book of TUS sucks!! it needs work, and it has needed work since the birth of TUS, but still nothing has been done.

I find it ironic that you can't think of any good mods rU, because i can think of several!! does not matter if the person is silly at times, or unpredictable, or even been known to rage from time to time, there is a job that needs to be done, and if someone offers their time to do it (and go above and beyond job description, by fixing the rules) why should MI object to that?? especially when i have seen majority of positive feedback from anyone who has posted here supporting those who offered (me and komo)

Like Anubis said, if a mod is being biased, it will be quickly noticed, and its not like if someone made a biased ruling, that it would be irreversible.. it can be changed back to the proper decision almost as easy as it would be to revoke that persons MOD privileges. 

The facts are this... TUS needs new mods... Chicken, Barman, and Franz are not even active on forums, let alone the game, and MonkeyIsland and Darkone are spreading them selves too thin, and not doing a good job. I personally do not care if im chosen for mod or not, as anubis said, i gain nothing from it, i just know there needs to be new mods, regardless if its me, komo, or any other shmuck, i dont care. it just so happens that me and komo are the ones that are offering our time and assistants at the moment, seems foolish of MI to turn down the help based on his personal feelings of us.. isnt that being biased? :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:53 AM by avirex »

Offline rU`

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 08:34 PM »
based on your personal feelings of us.. isnt that being biased? :D
My personal feelings towards you both are pure luv, hahha :D

Yeh your theory makes sense but I still want fresh people to take charge on moderating the league. And I haven't seen you much active lately either.. Not sure if that would change if you manage to get mod rights.

Anyway gl avi xd
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Well, this moderator I'm talking about would get some help from DarkOne, MonkeyIsland, and some of the inactive mods, privately, for the most controversial complaints and dramas... till they get enough experience to handle every situation by themselves.

I'd suggest Senator and spleen17 for moderator of this new TUS era.
Sorry if you guys don't want me to nominate you for this job, but you both are good examples for what I think a good mod would be convinient for the league.

Thanks man :) I would do my best if asked but I am sure some people would prefer a more experienced wormer in the role. There are plenty of decent options around imo :)

It is up to MI really, if he thinks he can keep doing the job solo then no problem. If not then there are plenty of people around who would be able to help, even if just for quicker response time for some of the simpler complaints.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 12:44 AM »
me and komo are the ones that are offering our time and assistants at the moment

Ssshh, you'll give away our secret we hire people to post for us!

Offline avirex

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 12:57 AM »
based on your personal feelings of us.. isnt that being biased? :D
My personal feelings towards you both are pure luv, hahha :D

Yeh your theory makes sense but I still want fresh people to take charge on moderating the league. And I haven't seen you much active lately either.. Not sure if that would change if you manage to get mod rights.

Anyway gl avi xd

that part was actually directed to MI, but i seen you confusion, where you could have thought i meant it towards you... i have edited it so its more clear.

i dont think you dislike me rU, if you dont think im right for the roll, thats cool, thats your opinion, so far you and MI are the only ones that feel that way though.

as far as spleen being a MOD, i dont really know the guy, but he always seems cool,  he mentions others may think a more experienced person should take roll?  Im not sure how much experience he has, but i think a player should have at least 2 years experience with league, i think that's a fair amount of experience, of course that should not be some mandatory thing, maybe a player has only 1 year and 6 months experience, but he would be a perfect fit for the job, then f@#! it!! but just for basic guide lines in my opinion, 2 years experience seems fair.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 06:37 AM »
I would suggest the following:

Let MI decide how many active MODS are required (and kindly remove those who are inactive/contribute little)

Set up an initial announcement thread where people can post their interest in becoming a MOD.

MI does some light touch vetting to ensure that there aren't any silly requests.

Set up a poll for a week to allow the community got for the next MOD(S).

Highest number of votes = new MOD(S).