WxW
18 (7.1%)
Abnormal
34 (13.4%)
Darts
17 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: June 04, 2013, 11:22 AM

Author Topic: Next scheme for TRL season #15  (Read 6754 times)

Re: Next scheme for TRL season #15
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 03:26 PM »
Many people just don't wanna learn new schemes (I think I'm amongst them). Moreover, they don't wanna try new "classic" schemes, because they require some time to learn too... The community is lazy and unmotivated. I don't say it's bad, it's just "as is" :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 03:41 PM »
Komo, ~150 games per season is joke comparing to +1000 games from other schemes were people actually contribute for the future by practising the particular scheme for the duration of the season. They surely play it more often by TRL than they would pick it in regular TUS season thus the skill improvement so generally league level benefits by raising the bar.

It isn't a joke, it's a big difference, but definitely not a joke, Roper/BnG/Elite have been around since w2, that's over 14 years !!! Darts has been around since what, last year?! 

Contributing for the future - goes for all schemes, not just classic ones, and I actually take TRL more serious than Classic when it's a scheme I enjoy, for me TRL is more distinguished.

Yea, it's not for popular schemes but for schemes that get highest amount of votes (except where for example WxW would won twice in a row, then I think MI would not pick it for the next season) it's fine as long we don't cut the activeness by choosing these schemes. I think we all want the league to grow and see more and more games played, I hope you see my point here.

One of the main reasons, an important one which many people don't even realize, why people pick Classic schemes so much, is because it's the most common/popular League, it has the most bragging rights, the internet is all about bragging rights... Have you ever heard of an American short story called "The Lottery", the moral of that story is something that happens all over the world, in this case, is isn't brutality, but the same principal, which is "people going along with the crowd".

You're doing great job in popularising Darts Komo, we have it in Free League and it's a good start. Add your passion for the scheme, hosting tournaments, cups, games on WormNet and what not, I hope you'll successfully make Darts really known and played scheme. But it's too soon for a TRL and yet another, almost not played season, where not even 8 players make it to POs.

Thank you very much ! I know it will become very popular, especially with more and more people giving it a chance ! Perhaps you are right, it MIGHT be too soon to put Darts into TRL, but I am like 99% sure, if Darts was accepted as the next seasons TRL scheme, there WOULD be at least 8 players who would meet the requirements to reach the PO, most of which being dS members probably, but it definitely wouldn't be a wasted Season, and more importantly it would REALLY help support the scheme in general and advertise it to make it more popular.

Edit: I honestly see Darts as having the potential to be in Classic League someday, maybe not for a year or 2, but I definitely feel it has that potential if treated properly, definitely more than Hysteria...

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Can you make a post where you will explain what is darts and why we should give it a chance? I mean not the scheme description, but maybe a video, some "cool" games, basic strategy (is there any?), pros and cons... I watched 2 or 3 darts replay, they were pretty boring. And many people don't even know about this scheme. I didn't find any "guide" on the dS forum...

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Hurz

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 04:36 PM »
short answer for the moment:

best is to try it yourself :o

watching rr replay e.g. without ever playin it yourself is boring as hell, too i think.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Can you make a post where you will explain what is darts and why we should give it a chance? I mean not the scheme description, but maybe a video, some "cool" games, basic strategy (is there any?), pros and cons... I watched 2 or 3 darts replay, they were pretty boring. And many people don't even know about this scheme. I didn't find any "guide" on the dS forum...

Hurz said it perfect there lol:

best is to try it yourself :o

watching rr replay e.g. without ever playin it yourself is boring as hell, too i think.

I actually agree with this, for years I found TTRR extremely boring, same with BnG, until I tried them for myself and got "into it".

Offline Husk

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 08:38 PM »
where is abnormal????

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Statik, Darts is just like real Darts, there isn't "alot" to it except practise alot to stay on form, for me the best thing about it is staying as consistent and accurate as possible competing with other Darts players, the strategy is basically figuring out which angle/power to use for each map, this is especially important in dS Tours.

I need to post more but i've ran out of time my bus is in a few minutes, i'll post more to this when I get back in the morning !

Offline avirex

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34 PM »
darts is a very fun scheme...

a game here, a game there... its fun... its even fun to competitive game, trying to beat a mate.. but that's as far as it belongs in freeleague, i can't see it going anyfurther.. 

but you gotta love komos dedication

Offline Hurz

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 10:44 PM »
but you gotta love komos dedication

ye :-* ;)

Offline Breeze

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 04:45 AM »
Every thread gets Komo'd =\

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 06:56 AM »
Also, every thread has pointless, useless comments, like what Breeze done  ;D

Anyway, I see Darts becoming much more popular in the future, sure it isn't as popular with the oldschoolers, but that is mainly because they are so stubborn and unwilling to give new things a proper chance, at the end of the day, if you don't give Darts a proper chance, it's your loss lol.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 07:36 AM »
You got completely told and schooled by Dulek though.
We should listen to people like Dulek.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 07:51 AM »
You, and Dulek, both are entitled to your opinion, as am I, the world isn't just 1 voice.

Besides, if you want a League to practise popular schemes, why don't you go make your own one called practise popular schemes league or something? (Not trying to mock you, it's a serious suggestion.)

MI asked people to mention schemes they would like to see on the list, and so I done that, Dulek started the debate, I am merely defending my beloved scheme, as would you if you wanted something :)

MI has said before I am sure, TRL is used to experiment new schemes, this is a perfect opportunity to make Darts even more widespread and successful ! It perhaps won't happen, but it's worth a try !

Offline Prankster

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I don't see what's the big deal about adding any scheme to the vote (except hysteria /jk). The one that gets the most votes will be in the next season. That's what people want, isn't it? Isn't it what TRL is there for?
I'd exclude the scheme from last season and include everything people suggest.
What's the fuss for?

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 04:35 PM »
The fuss is that people are voting or being told to vote for schemes that later become totally unexploited.