Forums
May 04, 2024, 10:25 AM

Author Topic: Proposal: add Wormopoly scheme to TUS Free League?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
Proposal: add Wormopoly scheme to TUS Free League?
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:24 PM »
I'd like to start a suggestion about adding a new scheme to TFL: Wormopoly. If not added separately as a new scheme, then maybe it could replace another TFL scheme that is not played by anybody - for example: Elemental xD

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4081/

The scheme is here, most of the active players probably have heard about it and even played it before. It's basically a IRL monopoly game embedded into worms armageddon. We have talked about this before in other forum threads, several players have shared their opinions about how much potentional they see in this scheme, and yes: if the date wouldn't be 2022 for WA now, this scheme would have been a groundbreaker had it been discovered in like 2012..

The scheme needs some clarification about rules, and a final version of the map, and it would be ready to go. The creator: Crrm/SMACK-rules is still updating the map until this day and working on it.

Any thoughts about this? I didn't want to add a poll to this thread yet, cuz I wanted to see how many of you would be even interested in this. Inactive players, Oldschool gangsta players and "WA-is-on-lifesupport-and-dead" guys would vote the opposite declining way anyway, actually I never thought that a voting makes sense here or that it would show the truth. But if that's the way then later on a poll could be added here.

First I rather wanted to suggest a start like this. :)

Offline Kradie

Re: Proposal: add Wormopoly scheme to TUS Free League?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 06:34 PM »
I would like to see ZaR Roper in Free League. Way overdue.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:59 PM »
Lupastic, try it with a cup first?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:37 PM »
All of the schemes have some purpose, even Capture the Flag or Holy War. Elemental doesn't!!  :-X

Wormopoly belongs to TUS Free league, both spiritually and fanbase-wise. What's more, I have no doubt in my mind that Wormopoly will make TFL players proud and elevate TUS free league to a much higher level of entertainment.

Rope schemes belong to Rope league. Keep it away from TFL where we already have Wascar!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:40 PM by GonZaLO »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 10:17 PM »

Rope schemes belong to Rope league. Keep it away from TFL where we already have Wascar!
Never!  8) Replace Wascar with ZAR!  :-*
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Echiko

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 10:56 PM »
Yeah, I would like to see Wormopoly instead of Elemental, of course the TUS version requires precise rules about it, so the players can go directly to the TUS scheme and read everything they need to know instead of looking at the original scheme.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 11:06 PM by Echiko »
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 11:20 PM »

100% agreed with this sentence.

Lupastic is the one creating several cups here, why don't you create a cup first?

Honestly, I already played this scheme more than once and I think it's a good scheme, a creative one, but it is very similar with Board Game and Boom for Weapons (that are way older than Wormopoly). And I still enjoy more playing Board Game and Boom for Weapons than Wormopoly.

Why specifically Wormopoly should be in Free League? Why not Alt-F4 that received more votes? Why not Board Game that has some masterpiece maps? Why not Boom for Weapons that has way less luck factor and more maps? Why not Plop Gum that is available in Hosting Buddy and I still consider it a masterpiece RubberWorm scheme? Why not any of the schemes sbs created for this community with f@#!ing amazing art, graphics and well-tested gameplay exploring glitches of the game that most people have no idea that exist?
Why not a scheme by Bloopy or by Run (great scheme authors)? Why not a scheme from a f@#!ing community of schemes like PoC community? Why not Goku Battle Arena? Why not 80 Normal? Why not Rope Knocking, that the author made more than 20 beautiful big maps (that he unfortunately and sadly deleted from WMDB) along with 2 maps by DassFass? Why not Black Hole Shopper that has more than 10 maps and most people enjoy playing? Why not QuickDraw, that was the winner of WSC contest and now with new terrains can be played in different map graphics? Why not Neocombat, now that people got used with Kaos? Why not Paranoia, just to tribute StepS?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 11:26 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 07:28 AM »

100% agreed with this sentence.

Lupastic is the one creating several cups here, why don't you create a cup first?

Honestly, I already played this scheme more than once and I think it's a good scheme, a creative one, but it is very similar with Board Game and Boom for Weapons (that are way older than Wormopoly). And I still enjoy more playing Board Game and Boom for Weapons than Wormopoly.

Why specifically Wormopoly should be in Free League? Why not Alt-F4 that received more votes? Why not Board Game that has some masterpiece maps? Why not Boom for Weapons that has way less luck factor and more maps? Why not Plop Gum that is available in Hosting Buddy and I still consider it a masterpiece RubberWorm scheme? Why not any of the schemes sbs created for this community with f@#!ing amazing art, graphics and well-tested gameplay exploring glitches of the game that most people have no idea that exist?
Why not a scheme by Bloopy or by Run (great scheme authors)? Why not a scheme from a f@#!ing community of schemes like PoC community? Why not Goku Battle Arena? Why not 80 Normal? Why not Rope Knocking, that the author made more than 20 beautiful big maps (that he unfortunately and sadly deleted from WMDB) along with 2 maps by DassFass? Why not Black Hole Shopper that has more than 10 maps and most people enjoy playing? Why not QuickDraw, that was the winner of WSC contest and now with new terrains can be played in different map graphics? Why not Neocombat, now that people got used with Kaos? Why not Paranoia, just to tribute StepS?

I don't see those schemes that you mentioned being hosted on #AG. They are designed to give you 5-minute fun and "oh, somebody was very creative on that" vibe, but they are not enjoyable to play regularly (the best examples are Black Hole Shopper, Boom for Weapons, Alt + F4. There is no use analysing those mentioned schemes too deeply if they haven't been hosted, therefore haven't won hearts of the simple players.

Some years ago I made "Mole Forts" scheme. It was fun mostly for 2vs2 and 3vs3 games and it had similar vibe to the "Architects" cup of Lupastic/Echiko. Except you would shape your fort with Mole corridors and you would defend your home from invaders, which was not a thing in original Forts. That was a nice thing for a Cup, but it wasn't something that you would play every evening, and surely not in 1vs1 games. For that reason I wouldn't see that as a part of TFL.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 07:52 AM by GonZaLO »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 09:18 AM »
Why was ZaR removed from TFL? I swear it was TFL before?

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 05:34 PM »

I don't see those schemes that you mentioned being hosted on #AG. They are designed to give you 5-minute fun and "oh, somebody was very creative on that" vibe, but they are not enjoyable to play regularly (the best examples are Black Hole Shopper, Boom for Weapons, Alt + F4. There is no use analysing those mentioned schemes too deeply if they haven't been hosted, therefore haven't won hearts of the simple players.

Some years ago I made "Mole Forts" scheme. It was fun mostly for 2vs2 and 3vs3 games and it had similar vibe to the "Architects" cup of Lupastic/Echiko. Except you would shape your fort with Mole corridors and you would defend your home from invaders, which was not a thing in original Forts. That was a nice thing for a Cup, but it wasn't something that you would play every evening, and surely not in 1vs1 games. For that reason I wouldn't see that as a part of TFL.

Well, sad to see you think this way. Not long ago you made a topic saying how much fun you had playing Black Hole Shopper. I think in general WA culture of playing schemes is rotative, some schemes prevailed for longer time being played, though. Some of the schemes you think are not hosted in AG is because you are assuming this based on your own experience right now, but I'm sure they were hosted more in the past (because many are very old) and maybe you just didn't see other people hosting them.

If the criterium for choosing a scheme is only the frequency it is being hosted in AG, I think Supersheeper deserves this position way more than Wormopoly (it also received cups recently). Another thing is that we don't have data to infer the schemes that are being more representatives in AG, lately or all time.

Funny thing is that not long ago you suggested this:

If Speed Mole doesn't end up being TRL, at least please replace Elemental with it in TFL = (

Do you think Speed Mole is hosted in AG very often? Do you think Speed Mole is just another 5-minute fun scheme that people only play once and stop playing? Or do you still think it is something like a "jewel of WA community" and will keep supporting it in free league just because you want? I played that scheme and I didn't like it (and I liked other schemes made by Kradie).

Have you played Boom for Weapons? In my opinion there are only 3 problems with the scheme: Too long maps, no real time support for it and sometimes you can get stuck with the glue on the edges. Besides that it is a Boom Race, but with more variety of weapons, combos, more creative maps, more fun to play. I really enjoy this scheme, and it's not only because I created it, because there are some schemes of mine that I created long ago that I don't like so much now-a-days.

And just to be clear: I'm not against Wormopoly Party in Free League, I actually support different schemes there and more rotation of schemes there. Sadly is that the league has the same schemes and almost dind't change them, all these years. It would be good to see new schemes in Free League and I apreciate Wormopoly Party, I had fun playing it. I just think that the author probably had influence of sbs maps, either board game maps, table game maps or boom for weapons maps. So this scheme smells a lot sbs' work, but CAK-RULES is a creative guy, is very active on AG and has a lot of people that support his schemes. It is a great scheme and it would be cool to see it in Free League, I just wonder why this scheme specifically if we had so many other good options?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 06:52 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Foxhound, Wormopoly is the most creative scheme above all that you mentioned there, and surely no one wants Elemental either, nor the other scheme you mentioned. Black Hole stuff, Goku Arena, Altf4, they would have a 4-5 players base playing it a few times and that's it. That's how Elemental started back in 2010 I guess. :) I could imagine 4-5 guys requested it from Monkeyisland, it got started, never to be played again in the future. Maybe one or two games per year. :D But it wouldn't be the same with Wormopoly I think. It would be exciting and competitive in 1v1. I'm sorry to say this, but the experimental league schemes started out as an awesome idea, and turned out to be a complete utter failure. I said my opinion about this already, don't wanna repeat myself, but that idea went to shit, when a group of friends voted for alt-f4 and from the whole league idea you guys started a one-scheme-only-league for alt-f4. It kinda failed, but it has nothing to do with this thread that I started here, so please don't offtopic it what you usually do. This is about the possibility of adding a new interesting scheme to a least-active league, and you start to list all the scheme here that you and Sibasa wanted to create for a league that never started x_x Why bro..:D

Going back to the original topic, Echiko+me have several ideas for other cups so that will probably not happen, I still thought that Wormopoly could raise activity even, surely better than Elemental :) But if it's too complicated then nevermind it worthed a try to raise some new players and new chances :D

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 11:18 PM »
Funny thing is that not long ago you suggested this:

If Speed Mole doesn't end up being TRL, at least please replace Elemental with it in TFL = (

Why would that be "funny" that I had suggested that? There are pretty much 9418528 Schemes that deserve to be in TFL more than Elemental does. Whatever ends up replacing Elemental there, I know that this will be a good change, whether it will be Speed Mole, Wormopoly, Mine Surfing, anything.

I am kinda confused why I have to debunk some sort of "a-ha! gotcha!" argument. Isn't it better to focus on what else would supposedly provide a greater joy from playing, rather than put entire focus on this poor attempt to discredit my viewpoint?  ::)

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 11:34 PM »
Btw a Wormopoly cup at least would be a really awesome idea, someone should host one in the future x3
Last time talked to Kirill he told me he is in progress of understanding and learning wormopoly :-[ He will be the chosen one I feel it <3

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 09:46 AM »
2vs2 Wormopoly... *sigh* that would be something We really lack 2vs2 cups, and we seem to have no problems with participation in cups these days