Forums
May 14, 2024, 04:52 PM

Author Topic: Tus playoffs  (Read 9263 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Tus playoffs
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2009, 10:07 AM »
ok changed the PO system as requested above.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2009, 04:13 PM »
nice one MI!
worm and learn

Offline Ray

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2009, 06:15 PM »
It seems to be working a lot better now, doesn't it?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Seems fixed MI

now there is only 1 more problem.

In the semi finals seed #1 and seed3# can meet eachother

and seed #4 and seed# 2 can meet eachother

id suggest swapping the position of the two middle parings in quater finals, so that seed #1 has a chance of facing seed 4#.

#1 shouldnt see #3 or #2 in semi final as deserves to face lower seeded players untill final.

So just swap the two middle groups, and put seed #4 n seed #5 above match above seed#3 n seed # 6 match.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2009, 08:13 PM »
or maybe im wrong, and this is where random was talking about the chances of who you meet in semi finals?

Offline pr

« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2009, 09:19 PM »
ok changed the PO system as requested above.

LOL.
did you change this for current season?
You CANNOT apply changes for the current season.
Let's change them so i will go into PO.
Or let us wait for each person who is not at PO atm and wants to be in PO proposes his solution how he could be in PO using new rules.

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2009, 09:25 PM »
have you seen the difference from what is was before pr? this way is alot fairer, and thats coming from some1 who isnt qualified

Offline pr

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2009, 09:41 PM »
have you seen the difference from what is was before pr? this way is alot fairer, and thats coming from some1 who isnt qualified
I'm not talking about differences.
I'm trying to point to that fact when you all out of a sudden changed the system for the CURRENT season.
Imagine a situation:
There is a biathlon race, Bjorndalen has a 50 sec advantage before he starts shooting the last targets. He misses two times. And out of a sudden judges tell him to run 4 circuits instead of 2. He was followed by Berger who does not miss any target and goes ahead Bjorndalen and wins.
And Berger tried to invent some stuff to harden Bjorndalen's lead during the race.
Got this point?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:43 PM by pr »

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2009, 10:28 PM »
yes i understand what you mean, and i would agree with you if it was close to the end of the season, but theres 36 days left... that would be 36 days of our PO system annoying some of tus's most active and skilled players

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2009, 10:58 PM »
it hasnt been changed, its been fixed. Now its doing what it should of done before. If anyone people should be worried that last seasons playoffs were selected incorrectly.

Offline pr

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2009, 11:13 PM »
it hasnt been changed, its been fixed.
I don't wank, I just feel myself?

No points in your post, Tom.

I could agree with Wooka but not with your opinion since you haven't one.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2009, 12:01 AM »
my point is its been fixed. Not changed. Therefore no reason for you to cry because the system has been fixed to do what it orginally ment to do. Its still picking 1st,3rd,5th,7th from seasonal, and 2nd,4th,6th,8th for overall which is what was agreed on when it was put into place. There was a bug and MI fixed the bug. The playoff system hasnt changed like you think it has.

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2009, 12:50 AM »

LOL.
did you change this for current season?
You CANNOT apply changes for the current season.
Let's change them so i will go into PO.
Or let us wait for each person who is not at PO atm and wants to be in PO proposes his solution how he could be in PO using new rules.

PR this will teach you too read properly through threads before jumping to conclusions.

The new system awards CORRECT PO positions ACCORDING to the current TUS PO requirements.

The old PO positioning system DID NOT award placement ACCORDING to the current TUS PO requirements.

Nobody new would enter POs simply because of these changes, the players eligable for POs before and after the change remained the SAME.

The only thing that has changed, is that the system now looks at BOTH of your ratings and awards you the highest PO spot it can given each indivdual rating. If your overall rating gets you to 5th, but your seasonal to 1st, then it will place you 1st.

The old system considered the overall rating BEFORE the seasonal rating. This is bad because it meant that the top seasonal player would only position 1st if he had a low enough overall rating, which quite clearly doesnt make sense.

The old system was BUGGED! The system  is now WORKING!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:39 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline pr

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2009, 07:40 AM »
ah, got your point now.
It was a BUG FIX. Not just rearrangement within PO positions.
So let us close the polemics.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I'm not talking about differences.
I'm trying to point to that fact when you all out of a sudden changed the system for the CURRENT season.
Imagine a situation:
There is a biathlon race, Bjorndalen has a 50 sec advantage before he starts shooting the last targets. He misses two times. And out of a sudden judges tell him to run 4 circuits instead of 2. He was followed by Berger who does not miss any target and goes ahead Bjorndalen and wins.
And Berger tried to invent some stuff to harden Bjorndalen's lead during the race.
Got this point?

I liked this example alot! But there is only one thing is not very realistic; Lars Berger would never be able to hit all five, he never does :D I`m glad you guys worked this out anyway, keep improving the league is important  :)