Forums
May 03, 2024, 01:14 AM

Poll

Do you want w2Roper scheme to be added to TUS league?

Yes, as a second choice to classic roper.
No!

Author Topic: w2rope scheme ***please read***  (Read 23111 times)

Offline avirex

w2rope scheme ***please read***
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:40 PM »
13 second turn time
5 second retreat
4 star zook power (as far as i know it does 51 damage****)
standard mines, and nades
all weapons available first turn.
1 instant mine on map (just to add some spice- optional)
23hp health crates
No cr8 rules!!  NONE... ZILCH :D

****reason for the power up zooks is because in order to pile, u need to zook or nade, retreat time is not longer then mine fuse anymore.

this scheme is based 100% on skill, and strategy.. now instead of getting "crate raped" you have the option to leave your crate and just attack your enemy..

regardless of no crate rules, you will still want to get your crate first, because retreat time is only 5 seconds, if u do happen to make it to the crate after an attack with your retreat time, chances are your hide will be very weak...

a smart tactic sometimes can be to leave the hard crate, hit your enemy, and hide slightly closer to the crate you left behind... this will tempt your enemy to either go for the cr8 with his turn time, or his retreat time.. resulting in either miss attack, or leaving himself open for you to attack him next...or, the best possible scenario is they go for the crate with their retreat time, miss the cr8, have no hide, and now have lead you right to crate :)

please, people try the sets before you come here and disagree with them, and say "roper scheme is fine".. im hosting a w2rope cup, i encourage all u f@#!ers to join...

i really think something needs to be done about the crate rules, it makes roper games consist of luck, and we all know rope games should be consisting of SKILL and skill only... not to mention, it makes no sense what so ever to make a rule that your enemy has to collect something you want... thats just silly, i encourage you all to leave me crates!! please do!!

so anyway, join me w2cup, u can download the scheme there.. hope you will all enjoy..  please, like i said dont comment on it until you have tried the scheme... once u have tried it, post your opinions, and feedback.. THNKS

ps:  i dont expect this scheme to replace the current roper scheme (although down the road it may) but i would eventually like to see it in TUS scheme... the person/clan that picks roper game as their pick can have the option of the 2 schemes... im confident that in time w2rope scheme will be the favorite...  thnkz again, see you in the cup bitchz

**the cup has to be approved by mods, u can download the scheme in the scheme section Scheme ID: 303
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:36 PM by avirex »

Re: w2rope scheme ***please read***
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59 PM »
100% agree with avi.  I always thought the roper scheme was ridiculous... crates can really make someone losing get a big break and screw over the better player... this w2 scheme is absolute skill... I've played it many times with avi, and I know a lot of other wormers out there prefer this scheme over the current one because this scheme is tactics in skill.... tactics in roper?? how can this be?? with this scheme it is possible! Like avi said, it is best if you do collect the crates and attack, but if you get a shitty crate, it is more tactical to just hit your opponent and not get the crate... with 13 second turn times, you have to think and decide if you are SKILLED enough to get the crate AND attack.  The time to change is now! please try this scheme and I bet you, if you use your human logic and reason, you will find this scheme to be a better assessment of your roping skills and knowledge.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:16 PM »
ye this scheme better. try it guys ^^ and make it a scheme at tus. If wxw and t17 are schemes why not this? XD

Offline franz

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:57 PM »
what, no destructable land?

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 11:59 PM »
lol... that plan was not to completely mimik worm2 rope scheme... as much as i would like to! haha..

its just to eliminate w:a crate b4 attack rule... 

Offline Devilage

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36 AM »
I support.

Smoking proud.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 12:49 AM »
post some replays of the scheme here avi pls
worm and learn

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50 AM »
Sounds interesting, guess I'll give it a try.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline rU`

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 01:21 AM »
+1
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline angus

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 01:57 AM »
not bad :)....

here the raplay nail... :)

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 02:14 AM »
Angus, I watched your replay but you guys were still pretty much playing like it was a normal roper... the point of the scheme is to prevent crate rape luck. When you have a crate that is far away, you shouldn't try to get it, especially if you are leading... it is better to leave the crate and attack your opponent... this way, you get the important hit, the crate luck didn't rape you... if your opponent wants to get the far crate next turn, let him.. but he probably won't be able to attack ;)
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 02:25 AM »
yeah... u guys played it as if cr8 rules were still in effect...  lol..

2marrow either me and shyguy, or me and dibz will have a game so u guyz can see how its sposed to be done...

nvm, me and shy just had a game... heres the replay, watch and learn.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:59 AM by avirex »

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 03:06 AM »
I have never tried this scheme, and im not the best roper exactly, so for me its the same basically.. BUUUT imo the "crate raped" thing is sometimes a good thing for this game. I mean, if not the best player will win like 90% no matter what. I mean its exciting 2 know that eventho ur a worse player u still have a chance. AAANNND if u got a bad start, u wont lose 100% cause anything can happen. I mean if u get a bad start, u most likely have v small odds getting back in the game with this style.

Anyways, this is NOT a "no ffs dont change roper" at all :)

Btw, i think in normal roper the w2w in sd should be forced each round tho, i really hate that some ppl just wait for the other one 2 fail.. :)

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 03:12 AM »
Sounds interesting, guess I'll give it a try.

PS: D'oh ! Exactly what I was going to write (except for the "guess").
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:50 AM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 03:15 AM »
im not even sure what to say... you have me speachless, that you are saying its good for the underskilled player to have a chance at winning....

but either way, thats why i say that whoever picks rope scheme, can have their option to either set... but as i said, i have a strong feeling (and hope) that in time w2rope setting will be the favorite, and used majority of the time... once people give it a try, they will see!

and yes uber, i agree with you... i had that argument years ago.. its not fair at all in w2w sd that someone does not go w2w everytime, no matter what... the w2w is taking place of getting cr8... u would not leave the cr8 behind under any circumstances, so u should also have to go w2w no matter the circumstance... AGREED