Forums
May 11, 2024, 08:30 PM

Author Topic: What the f@#! is going on?  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Sbaffo

What the f@#! is going on?
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:12 AM »
I'm kinda in a break, but i often log into tus and see what's going... am i wrong or is TUS getting shittier? Just look how this league became: people still asking in #ag to play their favourite scheme in league (else they'd avoid you), clans with more than 3 or 4 people active but still can't play clanners if they're 2 in ag, and to end off... ASBEST 1ST IN SEASON STANDINGS??? WHAT THE f@#!.

This league is getting ridicolous day by day, there's only a minority of players with balls (not sure if you know who're them) because players have too much freedom! I don't think in any game with a proper matchmaking system (random example: League Of Legends) you could avoid better players, you can't pick your opponent in ranked games, because if you deserve to win, you win. Maybe it's time to do something about it? How about improving this league that has gotten same over the past 4-5 years? Any suggestion or critique?

Offline TheKomodo

Re: What the f@#! is going on?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:49 AM »
Reset every single League.

Put restriction on Cups, don't allow silly experimental schemes, keep to Classic schemes and maybe 3 most popular Free league schemes, and please stop letting people host 1000 cups at once, 1 MOD = 1 Cup at a time.

Get rid of HAL/TRL/TEL, stick to just TuS Classic and TuS Free.

Tournaments should be restricted the same way as Cups.

Remove money from Classic Singles and put it all into Clanners(Teamwork should be the focus of this community).

Initiate 0 tolerance for directly insulting other members of TuS community, people swearing is ok, but if you directly insult someone pubicly they should be immediately muted/banned, this would make people feel more secure on TuS, especially newcomers to the game.

RESET THE LEAGUES! How many times do people have to say it already?! I said it twice cuz it's f**king important!

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Reset every single League.

Put restriction on Cups, don't allow silly experimental schemes, keep to Classic schemes and maybe 3 most popular Free league schemes, and please stop letting people host 1000 cups at once, 1 MOD = 1 Cup at a time.

Get rid of HAL/TRL/TEL, stick to just TuS Classic and TuS Free.

Tournaments should be restricted the same way as Cups.

Remove money from Classic Singles and put it all into Clanners(Teamwork should be the focus of this community).

Initiate 0 tolerance for directly insulting other members of TuS community, people swearing is ok, but if you directly insult someone pubicly they should be immediately muted/banned, this would make people feel more secure on TuS, especially newcomers to the game.

RESET THE LEAGUES! How many times do people have to say it already?! I said it twice cuz it's f**king important!

I agree on everything you said man,  good words,  i forgot to talk about resets. What you think about those people avoiding or asking to play only for a scheme?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:20 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 10:14 AM »
TUS made poor Baffu so angry! >:(
Fart you ArsGoetia!

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Asbest is top because he is just getting noobs to register, telling them they can win money etc so he can bash them.

We could really do with a system that prevents this, like make it so you can report against new users but any points won from them will be 0, until that user plays 10 league games and plays against 3 different players (at which point all the points are then added). Just so points only come from 'legitimate' players.

But yeah, worst season ever so far.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Asbest is top because he is just getting noobs to register, telling them they can win money etc so he can bash them.

We could really do with a system that prevents this, like make it so you can report against new users but any points won from them will be 0, until that user plays 10 league games and plays against 3 different players (at which point all the points are then added). Just so points only come from 'legitimate' players.

But yeah, worst season ever so far.

Hmm that could work...

Btw i want your opinion on people who play only a certain scheme instead of playing 2 picks,  that's what annoy me more...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 10:58 AM »
When I first played league on worms, I did some serious noobbashing.  After awhile I realized how cheap it is and I only play known players now, mostly my friends on this game.  The Asbest/Phanton method of signing people up to get easy wins is some of the cheapest crap on this game.  However, I don't see a clear cut way of stopping noobbashing, thank goodness there is a limit of games you can play each season against a single player.  I also don't see any problem with playing a particular scheme if both players agree to it.  I am not a big fan of TEL/HAL/TRL because it drives down activity in classic league, I'm with dave on this one.  A reset after season 50 might not be a terrible idea, leagues should be reset from time to time, and this league hasn't been reset since it's inception. 

Offline ANO

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:11 AM »
C'mon don't kill Asby's dream auhuah that noob is finally 1st

Agree on everything btw. And I think Spleen's proposal it's good, the point gained by the wins with new comers (many of them registered the same day Asbhyst played with) should be limited more than now.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Don't know why you have trouble with someone playing only one pick, sbaffo? For example, I am one of that ppl. Cause from classic, I enjoy only bng. Of other schemes respect goes only to ttrr. All others needs some fixing (limit petrols in hyst, use senator's t17, put 0hp crates in wxw and use only zook,nade and mine - so the luck factor could be 0, shopper no afr rule?! - wtf is that really?...)

Btw, if you win/lose against me particulary, it's 68/11 pts for you. Really no reason to be "annoyed" by that. ;)

EDIT: what am i trying to say is that ppl who play only 1 pick usually lose more than they could won. It's just upon other players will they give it a try and took away those pts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:20 AM by Sensei »

Offline darKz

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 11:16 AM »
am i wrong or is TUS getting shittier?
50/50, it's been getting shittier for the past 5 years or so.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 11:22 AM »
I explain you the reason: classic league has got 8 schemes,  whom have their season and overall points. If you play tus classic ONLY to play a certain scheme,  you won't be losing points to other schemes,  meaning your points will be higher than how they are supposed to be. I didn't get 7290 points by  playing only ttrr ofc. No need to fix other schemes, they're lucky ofc but you can't say that until you've mastered them. I've always played with anyone and respected everyone's pick,  although it would have made me mad sometimes, never feared anyone. I don't want to be arrogant,  but maybe that's the reason why i won 3 seasons straight.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:25 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline ANO

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 11:31 AM »
Playing only your favorite pick is not very respectful in the regards of your opponent, you only think about satisfy your pleasure, it's a spoiled toddler behaviour.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 11:37 AM »
never feared anyone.

No need to go Mad Max route... You're mixing fear with nausea.
I got what you're saying, but it still seems pretty fair to me that guy who is one of the best players in the world gets 70 and lose almost nothing, when playing someone's favourite scheme!?

If hyst,aerial and elite could have had their own leagues, maybe it's time for bng too?

Offline HHC

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 11:38 AM »
I don't believe resets will change much. The people who often press for it are oldschoolers who are just bored with the game. One week later and the activity is down to the usual level.

Proof: every single reset of personal stats  ;D

Transferring the money to clanners is an equally silly idea to raise activity. Not only do you take away the incentive to play singles then, you also reserve the money to 1 or 2 clans (basically CFC atm... which surprise, is the clan Komo's in..)

Toning down on cups schemes. Terrible idea as well. It's one of the few active parts of TUS that remain + you take away ability to test new schemes and variations + cup players are often more interested in playing 'free league' schemes cause they can compete for prizes there. (in other words, cups are cathering for players who feel misrepresented in the league, either cause they prefer fun schemes or because they are not allround).

0 tolerance sounds good in principle, but in practice it often leads to a lot of frustration and bullshitting. I think it's good MI limits it to extreme cases. Even with guys who are known for causing trouble, it's maybe better to tolerate their presence than to ban them and let them come back under aliases to make even more SHIT.

Asbest method may be shit (if it's true he does it like this), but on the upside, he does bring in new players. And atm he's kinda the only guy to keep singles alive lol.

I do agree though that the state of TUS atm is pretty bad. But it's hard to think of a solution that really fixes the core problem (oldschool players leaving and not being replaced sufficiently by new). Even the best possible TUS system prolly won't counter this.

My personal (radical) ideas would be:
1) limit classic to 5 schemes, rotate every season.
The downside of 8 schemes is that players either pick a scheme that is worth most points or the scheme in which it is easiest to RAPE the other guy. Most of the time it's a combo of both. It's not a recipe for tight matches, something that makes competition far more interesting. As I've said before, I prefer not to ask TTRR gods for TUS, cause it means 50% of the game I'm gonna be just waiting for the round to end.
With 5 schemes it's easier to practice and excel at all the schemes for a given season. It's hard even for veterans to stay in shape for for example T17 if they only play it once every week or 2 weeks.
It also makes it less of a hassle to pick schemes, particularly also in playoffs, where the schemes are now known beforehand.
First season could be most popular schemes of last 5 seasons: WxW, Roper, BnG, Elite, Hysteria. Second season you could replace 2 least played with 2 most popular free league ones (probably TTRR, Team17, Shopper or even Normal).

2) Remove HAL/TEL/TRL, upgrade Cups
Said before, I think it's not a bad idea to get rid of these extra leagues that the small player base cannot support anymore.
To make up for them, increase the modability of cups so that mini-leagues or cups with bigger groups can be hosted. Perhaps also make changes to the cup standings to make them more interesting (introducing 2-monthly season/reset to keep them up-to-date).

3) Fix the tourneys, cos broken pairings  :(
Tourneys can be a great way to attract new players. Perhaps assign 1 or 2 people to host official tournaments on standard times (like every friday or 2nd friday). Here too, 2 or 3 monthly seasons.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 12:15 PM »
"messege by asbest, because he is muted from TUS 2 years now ( wth? ). wait what? im noobashing? ok, im playing with noobs, and some of them are really noobs, but i lost against eazygamer aka shtifkid and other, why no one saying about this? i played against sock, dibz, adun, chelsea, spoonhead, pizzasheet this season, are they noobs also? at last: can you finially unmute me? why i should be muted for 2 years from TUS? and leave me alone haters. im sick and tired of your attitude"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:20 PM by Shtaket »