Forums
May 16, 2024, 11:09 AM

Author Topic: Arrange the playoffs (IMPORTANT! There will be deadlines!)  (Read 18231 times)

Offline Ramone

Re: Arrange the playoffs (IMPORTANT! There will be deadlines!)
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2010, 02:07 AM »
I'd just say that this stuff is heavy to judge.. I wouldn't like to be in the mods skin right now..
To me it looks like clans needs to agree or disagree with each other about how season 11 will end more than mods should give a final judge about it (don't get me wrong mods)..
I mean, it's gonna end soon anyhow, it's just a matter of dignity level on which it's gonna end. And I'm just glad to see U guys doing this discussion in dignified and civilized way rather than primitive/flame/insult-based way.. +1 for both clans ;p

<delete>* ...so I should better keep my mouth shout since I ain't the mod..  ;x

Offline SPW

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35 AM »
It was bad luck that prev. schemes took that long time and we were out of ppl. So we would welcome just a date from cfc for the last pick (any pick) to make this finish without any weak defwin.

btw, the example with lalo (bng) isnt rly fair. Just notice, that we had to play without our best allrounder Random00 - and we played the ttrr without yanme, he came about 2 minutes after last rr turn. So both clans had to accept a reduced lineup - just to point it out.

I dont play ropegames neither when a game is that important like 5th game in bo5 series. You cant even compare this with a bng coz roping or throwing some nades is a big different. I was agree with shopper at first but 1. it wasnt clear about rules (-> wxw/shopper) - why this "/" and 2. cfc took a intermediate cave style map and after 20 minutes talking without any change I was just pissed off coz of no-cooperating at all. So I refused to play such a shopper map and only dark was left in our lineup then. The 3. point was the time, it was in the middle of the night here while cfc could still play at primetime.

We would play that last scheme and just give us a date. A foolish defwin in that case with that history would be like a slap into our face.

something about chicken the "mod"...

We came into #ag after our failing talk about that last 5th game and he just type "if you not play cfc wins". That was really mad because chicken didnt hear any facts about why we cant / wont play. So please make ur decision after knowing some facts, for next, thank you. It was just looking like "oh, we dont play just vs cfc, we also "play" vs a Mod. At least D1 was more sensible about hearing why this problem was come.

Its over 3 month now, I know, but for that case some more hours doesnt change anything at all. We are able to play it, just send us an date (cfc). A freewalk wouldnt be fair here after seeing both clans are willing to play it and we had some good fights till there.

SPW

EDIT: I reported our two wins now, too.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:47 AM by SPW »

Offline beer

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2010, 10:00 AM »
hum cool stuff, nice drama ::)
keep with nice way, i alredy have popcorn!

drama queen iz back

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2010, 01:51 PM »
CF picks BnG - CF wins

So here's my side of the story.. We played all those games, and hearing that we had a draw in the T17, Unique said he won't have time for the last pick because he's gotta work tomorrow (we finished the T17 at around 1:30am German time which means we spent a good 3:30h playing all the picks thus far).

Final pick of cFc, only SPW and I were left on CF's side and we say literally "we can't play a rope scheme now because Unique had to go and sleep already", furthermore "if it's roper we can play it at another time".

Before I read anything else, I just wanna say this, you can't play a roper scheme cuz unique left, yet you picked BnG when I wasn't there with cfc, that's bullshit.

SPW, you are better than Random at BnG, so you can't even think about using that as an excuse for BnG, I am not saying you all do, but you all know how to notch, this knowledge alone even without doing it, is an advantage.

I know it is season 11 playoffs and it'd be "unfair" for me to play them, but, there is no rule to say I can't play them, not that I would have, but I could have, my point is you complain about a roper because you don't have your "best team" on when we were forced to play BnG despite obviously not having our "best team on".

I really don't care who wins, but it would have been nice to just not care about the best squad and just play, have fun, and get it over with, deep down we all know who is best at what anyway, so it doesn't really matter to have the best squad on.

I really disagree with you not accepting roper after picking BnG though, you got to pick a scheme you knew you had a stronger team with so how dare you even think about backing out of the same thing when we try to do it, it's dissapointing...

Offline rU`

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Bah spw.....
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2010, 05:52 PM »

I dont play ropegames neither when a game is that important like 5th game in bo5 series. You cant even compare this with a bng coz roping or throwing some nades is a big different. I was agree with shopper at first but 1. it wasnt clear about rules (-> wxw/shopper) - why this "/" and 2. cfc took a intermediate cave style map and after 20 minutes talking without any change I was just pissed off coz of no-cooperating at all. So I refused to play such a shopper map and only dark was left in our lineup then. The 3. point was the time, it was in the middle of the night here while cfc could still play at primetime.

You guys knew there was a deadline set by us. We told you the playoffs had to be finished that night. Regardless of what members were online. If you failed to play the games, the clan which was unwilling to play would forfeit. Now you showed up and played. But you would not play the final match. We never anticipated a scenerio like this.

These games have been delayed for three months. Whats to stop the delaying for another 3 months. In response to your points i will explain why i said cfc will get auto win.

Your first point is about the picks being "shopper/wxw" This is simply because when tus first started shopper and wxw were the same rating. Now they are different ratings. The playoff rules have not been updated. This situation came up before when CKC played cfc in playoffs. But it was fine and we realised that they can pick wxw and shop if they want. Aslong as you do not do anymore than 3 rope based schemes its ok. This even came up in log. lalo used CKC as an example. Also you and dark agreed with was a strange rule and did not mind playing shopper.

Your second point was that cfc wanted a cave style map for shopper. cfc always use these types of maps in shopper. cfc was seeded higher than CF. It is their pick and you have to accept that. cfc even gave you some slack by not picking roper. They did not have to agree to play shopper and could of picked roper as it was their final pick. It was CF's fault for not being prepared to play their pick. Yanme could of stayed online prehaps? We said these games had to be finished regardless of line up. Also as mentioned you refusing to play rope games is not fair when lalo went and played bng. Saying rope games are different to bng is just your opinion. Just because lalo is weak in bng does not make it easier if its just throwing nades?

Your third point is that it was late. I agree with was late, that does suck. No one expected a long bng and a draw in T17. But you still needed to play on and what showed me that you did not really care about the time was because it was not late enough for you not to play elite or hysteria if cfc picked that was it? You were prepared to play a default scheme if cfc picked it and there is evidence of that in the logs posted from lalo's host. Because you were prepared to play a default it shows the lateness factor was not really an issue. If it was not late enough to default, then it wasnt late enough to even shop. But then when you saw the map you guys refused to play cfc's pick.

Also we said if you want to play earlier you are more than welcome. cfc was ready to start the playoffs earlier and CF said they would wait untill the time we gave. I understand you were waiting to see if more CF guys came online but even though both clans did not have a full strength squad if you had started earlier you would of finished earlier aswell and the late excuse would not be there.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:55 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Rok

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2010, 05:57 PM »
I won't post any decisions because C23 and D1 are enough and can hadle it well.

I'll just agree with Leroy here. SPW, get over it and play some ropers every once and a while. It's a god damn game.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Moderators:
In common agreement of its members, cfc has decided to take the win on Season 11.
Cheers.

Offline darKz

« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2010, 07:05 PM »
I can understand you guys, that's all I have to say about the issue.

Congrats then, cFc.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Congratulations cFc! Gave you the cup of season #11.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline SPW

« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I still think its not the fairest way but I congrats cfc too for that 1st place.

Offline Random00

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2010, 08:11 PM »
congratz cfc! ;d

so lets go on: when do you have time, doH? I think its best if you suggest a date/time since you're way more inactive then we are ;d

« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2010, 09:21 PM »
Date changed for DoH vs CF (season 13) since it would've coincided with cFc vs DoH (season 12)
Thanks for spotting that, Chicken :) guess I was braindead while posting that  :-[

Offline Ramone

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Damn, this is too much like politics..
Shame that U guys haven't played a decider! Shame that the finals of the season ends with 2-2 result ;/
Since the decision is already made I'd like to say that if I was judging this I would made U to do the 5th decider game(s) on Sunday the day after, and it would be 3 picks (bo3).
It's just a game as they say. All U need to do is to play it! ;x

edit:I cannot say congrats to anyone, sry ;x
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:41 AM by Ramone »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2010, 08:46 AM »
I spoke to l2uckus and in a nutshell he said to let dibz advance.