Forums
April 28, 2024, 04:27 PM

Author Topic: Clanners - Messed up....  (Read 6554 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Clanners - Messed up....
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:47 AM »
Seriously right, not trying to cause trouble here but this is just ridiculous, look at season 13 standings for clanners

CKC played more and won more than any other clan, we have a higher win % than every clan except CF and doH (you guys need to start playing more anyway).

We beat every clan more than they beat us (except CF I think cuz well, they never play us really, only when it suits them)

Yet we still didn't make playoffs...

This is pretty crap lol...

And no, i'm not just mad because we didn't make playoffs, i'm just a bit sceptic as to HOW we didn't make playoffs although we had a better season than everyone else...

Offline Ray

Re: Clanners - Messed up....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:27 AM »
TdC and ps collected more points in the season than CKC did, also, the overall points for CKC was not enough to qualify (CF and doH had more).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40 AM »
TdC and ps collected more points in the season than CKC did

Well duh ! Well done sherlock... *clap*

Did you read my post? lol

We won more games, have a higher win ratio, even though we won more games and beat other clans more, we didn't get in because of this system...

My point is (no offense to other clans here, we are all good clans lol), CKC have played a better season than anyone, we have played more risked more, but fallen short with this points thing.

Nevermind lol, everyone will just bitch at me for being honest anyway lol

Offline Camper

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:19 AM »
Higher overall's = doH and CF
Higher point at season = ps and TdC.

If CKC caught 2nd place. So you CKC would caught PO's too.

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:56 AM »
IMO activity doesn't mean a thing in an ELO-like ladder system.

If you had stopped at that peak, or a bit later, you would've made playoffs easily. You lost too many points afterwards for whatever reasons.. It's not easy to be constantly winning with such a big clan as CKC is - the more different players you have, the harder it is to play perfectly together with every single one of them.

Can't find more reasons now. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline SPW

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:20 PM »
that graph shows alot. thats the reason why u didnt reach PO. And as darkz said, its harder to hold a level with more ppl. Thats one reason, why CF are full with a current lineup from 5 ppl. 

But tbh, its not easy to get into PO's anyway. Work on ur game, there is still a lot possbile to make u better. PS and TdC made a good season too so its rly ok they reached it. So what about "Congratz" and just psssst. :)

Meanwhile ckc can play the old PO's which still not played.

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 01:25 PM »
his point is not weather or not we have a big clan, or how well any of us played at any particular time.. his point is we had better win ratio then most clans in the playoffs, and were the most active. yet we do not make it to the playoffs.... and darkz, if ur suggesting that at our peak we should have stopped playing clanners? good idea, lets make clan league even more inactive! ;D

Offline Free

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:50 PM »
Kinda sucks to have ELO system in Clanners as there's not that much activity anyways...

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 02:06 PM »

lol xD

Offline darKz

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Okay, then more to the point:

In an ELO system the win/loss ratio isn't as relevant as it seems. Because if you have played 200 games and won 140 of them, which is 70%, it doesn't say the least bit about your rating.

Following the 200 games 70% win example:

Clan A won their first 140 games of the season and lost the last 70. They end up with 1050 points that season.

Clan B lost their first 70 games of the season and won the last 140. They end up with 2200 points that season.

Sure it's an extreme example but I think that's what happened to CKC's rating. You lost more near the end of the season and that's why your rating isn't as high as it could be.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Random00

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 02:29 PM »
what dark just wrote plus:
seasonal rating sucks.

All clans playing clanner at the moment already played a decent amount of clanners for tus. Because of this their rating is representative for their skill and the overall rating just shows which clans are the best at the moment. If you just want to see who is the best clan in 1 season I cant imagine any fair system that would actually work (cause 1. you cant set fixed dates so its a big league system like football leagues; 2. an ELO system that resets all rating every season would be a big privilege for clans that start as late as possible in the season when all other good clans already have more points then they do; 3. a  simple system like 3 points for a win and -1 for a lose or something similar would just let the most active clans reach POs).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 07:15 PM »
3. a  simple system like 3 points for a win and -1 for a lose or something similar would just let the most active clans reach POs).

If it was like this, you guys would probably play like at least double the amount of games a season, I mean cmon, 61 games?

I know you guys are active, cuz you are all playing singles and other stuff, and because of me working nightshift and slowly changing my hours, i've asked you guys for clanners at literally EVERY hour of a day... And you still said no to me everytime, I have asked you literally close to 100 times in season 13, no offense, but that's pathetic, you could have managed to scratch up ONE game.

I know you played the other guys, and seriously no offense to them, but you know they are not as strong a team without the other players of CKC, all I wanted was a few games with each clans best members, and don't get me wrong, those guys are our best members, but not in that order, like we need 2 of each scheme not 1, and you knew that, all I wanted was a few games with the supposed "best clan on wa" just for the thrill of it, couldn't care if we lost or won, it's just a challenge it's like, I have to do lol, but nah, you guys have to sit back and pick your games carefully, and i'm saying this just because I think you are avoiding sometimes, which you plainly are there is no doubt about it, but, it's just really really boring to play like that, you guys are at the top, you should be defending your honour whenever challenged, not making up excuses not to accept the challenge.

Basically my point would be, if CKC were to pick their games as carefully as you did we would probably have a higher rank than you, but at the cost of actually enjoying ourselfs, this is why it is annoying that you make playoffs for being overall 1st, JUST by playing the smallest amount of games possible, you are cheating the system and you know it.

And most people are thinking it, i'm the only one who will say it, cuz everyone too scared they will get smited or something stupid...

And don't think I hate you guys or anything, I still respect and like every one of you guys individually.

Oh and Rene, I know, but why should we stop enjoying ourselfs just because of that?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Oh and while i'm at it, Hat's off to cfc, they have played almost as much as ckc and still in top 5 :D well done cfc!!!

Offline Csongi

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 07:34 PM »
3. a  simple system like 3 points for a win and -1 for a lose or something similar would just let the most active clans reach POs).
well this would also suck...this way somebody could pick same scheme every single time without winning less/losing more points  >:(

P.S.: there are professional football players who just play for money,and professional players who don't care that much about money,they just enjoy playing the game
BUT both kind of players are very good at what they do and they are respected for that.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 07:43 PM »
well this would also suck...this way somebody could pick same scheme every single time without winning less/losing more points  >:(

Not really, people who ENJOY the game pick their favourite scheme anyway, like me, I get like what, 2-3 points a win for BnG now, I still pick it cuz I enjoy it, well not really cuz I haven't even been playing WA recently i've been playing PangYa lol it's awesome ! you should really try it ! But anyway I made the playoffs, I don't care and won't even play in them lol, winning something like that isn't good to me and I don't enjoy it so why do it?

But that's how a2b works, 3 points for win, 1 point for loss, you should be rewarded for trying, it's great :)