Forums
April 27, 2024, 06:12 PM

Author Topic: Clanners - Messed up....  (Read 6552 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Clanners - Messed up....
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09 PM »
We've had a system like 2 points for win and -1 for lose and as others said, it exactly happened like that. Checkout TUS 2nd season of classic league standing. (I remember SPW said "in no league someone with 55% ratio is first", jd had 55% that time)

You care about enjoying BnG komo, Flori used to pick TTRR all the time, that's fine. Some people enjoy "earning points". Most of TUS community believes an all around player should qualify be in PO.

After almost 1.5 year of hosting league, I've never seen somebody mention who they are playing with. ELO system is all about how much your rank differs from your opponent. I can bash some players which I know I have a huge skill difference and have a high ratio and high number of games.

When setting up ELO system for TUS, all people were like 'high ranked player must gain less if he beat low ranked, that'll teach them to stop noob bashing!', which ELO DID actually decreased noob bashing. But seems people had forgotten ELO system encourages you to 'pick on somebody your own size'.
I believe a high ranked player still have a chance to be in top seasonal, if he try to beat his own level.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline beer

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 08:15 PM »
aw, this again?

drama queen iz back

Offline darKz

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 08:30 PM »
I know you guys are active, cuz you are all playing singles and other stuff, and because of me working nightshift and slowly changing my hours, i've asked you guys for clanners at literally EVERY hour of a day... And you still said no to me everytime, I have asked you literally close to 100 times in season 13, no offense, but that's pathetic, you could have managed to scratch up ONE game.

I know you played the other guys, and seriously no offense to them, but you know they are not as strong a team without the other players of CKC, all I wanted was a few games with each clans best members, and don't get me wrong, those guys are our best members, but not in that order, like we need 2 of each scheme not 1, and you knew that, all I wanted was a few games with the supposed "best clan on wa" just for the thrill of it, couldn't care if we lost or won, it's just a challenge it's like, I have to do lol, but nah, you guys have to sit back and pick your games carefully, and i'm saying this just because I think you are avoiding sometimes, which you plainly are there is no doubt about it, but, it's just really really boring to play like that, you guys are at the top, you should be defending your honour whenever challenged, not making up excuses not to accept the challenge.

Man, we also asked CKC for clanners several times and your members wouldn't play us because only bad combinations of players were on at that time. It's not a big deal to us though because it just makes no sense playing a clanner if you only have a default player and a rope player online..

CF's best example for a bad combo would be SPW and yanme: SPW isn't good at RR and Roper while yanme isn't the best choice for Elite. Asking for a clanner in such a situation is a waste of time because we don't play if we 100% know we're going to lose - where's the point?

Also, at least 50% of times you were bugging us for clanners (at least the times I witnessed) was past 1am German time during weekdays which is pretty much impossible for most our members - unlike for Chicken, Mablak and you (because of time zones and nightshifts etc, I know you're very night active).

Last thing I'm gonna say about this topic: We're asking for clanners publicly on #AG whenever we want to play, how come we never get to play you? Avoiding? Must be it. Stupid accusation imo. I'm sick of defending ourselves and more so of you accusing us of shit and talking bad about us on the forums.

See you in playoffs.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Agneau

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Ahahaha

René, I appreciate the "see you in playoffs" ! :p

i just understand what Komo means, but there isnt a miracle system to satisfy all players.

In my case that's why i appreciate Tdc, we dont "calculate" anything and even if a rope guy plays with a default we play it for fun.

It just depends on the mind spirit of each persone :)

To finnish, there isnt any reason to blame a clan like Cf, theirs players are ones of the most respectfull (wtf is that english :p)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Man, we also asked CKC for clanners several times and your members wouldn't play us because only bad combinations of players were on at that time. It's not a big deal to us though because it just makes no sense playing a clanner if you only have a default player and a rope player online..

Also, at least 50% of times you were bugging us for clanners (at least the times I witnessed) was past 1am German time during weekdays which is pretty much impossible for most our members - unlike for Chicken, Mablak and you (because of time zones and nightshifts etc, I know you're very night active).

1. You've never asked when we have been on with a full squad, and 2, I am actually most active BEFORE 1am german time and that's when I ask most, from 1am-9am I just play funners n stuff cuz theres no clans or clanmates on...

I couldn't care less how you defend yourself, start playing more or you will be accused of avoiding, it's as simple as that.

Offline beer

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 09:33 PM »
dude this stinks, next season play more and well. nothing to do now, thats it..
there is like 19394329429 threads about this

drama queen iz back

Offline Guaton

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 09:35 PM »
what is ELO ? xD

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 11:32 PM »
It would of been very lame of us to stop playing clanners 2 weeks ago when we had 2200 seasonal points.

When we dropped some points after that it was difficult to regain them. Espically for seasonal as our overall rank was much higher than tdc and ps and most opponents don't give us many points for wins. We can only get nice points if we play CF or DoH. Or pick hysteria... which we suck at!

And it was rather hard to find CF all season as already dicussed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:35 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline beer

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 11:42 PM »
It would of been very lame of us to stop playing clanners 2 weeks ago when we had 2200 seasonal points.

When we dropped some points after that it was difficult to regain them. Espically for seasonal as our overall rank was much higher than tdc and ps and most opponents don't give us many points for wins. We can only get nice points if we play CF or DoH. Or pick hysteria... which we suck at!

And it was rather hard to find CF all season as already dicussed.

it happend many time with us (bOr) for you, and we are still here, not big deal. just play more and well if u wanna make it thats all

drama queen iz back

Offline darKz

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 01:34 AM »
I don't see how bitching about us on every occassion will improve the situation.

Other than that I only have 1 thing to add:

I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 02:09 AM »
I don't see how bitching about us on every occassion will improve the situation.

Other than that I only have 1 thing to add:

Rofl nice picture ^^. As agneau said, we do not  care about what scheme and with who we play it just matter for our pick coz spaazi always spam me to pick T17 :D. What I think is for example yanme can be a very good elite player he just need to practice it and the best way is to do it in clanner :). General rating imo, should reflect all the member in all scheme of your clan and not only a few. After it's just a way to see things :). I totally understand that CF want to play with their best player in their scheme but that's not how I want tdc to work :).
Thing is, I must admit I prefer to play CF than a lot  of clan. I know most of the member and we really often have fun playing with them. So I guess it's not CF who is avoiding but TdC for example who spam them to play :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 02:24 AM »
Fine i'll be the one to say it cuz no one else has the guts, CF are only happy to play you all the time cuz they beat you more or less everytime,I'd bet any money I have if TdC beat CF 90% of games, you would find that they would not play you as much, I know how competitive they get and how angry they get when they lose.

And by this i'm in NO way saying you suck TdC, but it's fact they win more or less every time I know how good you guys are and how fun you are to play, you guys are what clans should be, don't care whether win or lose and just enjoy it.

And CF, you can get all angry or mad at me or laugh or whatever, I am not saying this in anger, seriously right now I'm pretty relaxed, had a few drinks and a nice night with my girl so i'm pretty chilled out and thinking straight, I still like you all individually, but as a whole clan together you can't argue with statistics and the statistics are you guys play clans you win more with, period, and no wonder you enjoy it so much, everyone likes winning and enjoys it.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 02:59 AM »
I like winning roper clanners.  :-[

Offline lalo

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 03:39 AM »
To be honest, I totally agree with you Komo. Being the top 1 clan here CF should have more balls and risk some points, but they look just like the selfish giant. IMO it's not a fair way to reach po's, just having a seat, playing the games that they need against TdC and done we're in po once again.
That's why I don't like the current system, it benefits the laziest players and other situations. I'd rather see noobashing, I wonder what's better the illness or the medicine.
I'm pretty sure if CF plays a bit more with clans like TaG, DoH or CKC they wouldn't reach PO's that easy
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:46 AM by lalo »