Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:24 AM

Author Topic: Season 37 PO discussion  (Read 2765 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Season 37 PO discussion
« on: April 15, 2014, 03:12 PM »

Re: Season 37 PO discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:48 PM »
About clanners, I have a question.

Some p3's results were:
vs l3x: 18-7
vs TdC: 22-12

And TaG's:
vs l3x: 17-13
vs TdC: 2-0

p3 and TaG reached the 50%, so they both reached the PO.
l3x and TdC didn't reach the 50% according to the TUS rules in order to qualify to PO.
If l3x wouldn't lost 4 games, let's say 4 vs TaG or  vs p3, they would reach that minimum of 50%. They had a 52-60 record, and they finished in 2d place at season ranking.
If TdC wouldn't lost 2 games, let's say 2 vs TaG or p3, they would reach that minimum of 50%. They had a 41-45 record, and they finished in 4th place at season ranking.

If p3 and TaG wouldn't beat TdC and l3x in 4 and 2 games respectively, the PO wouldn't be cancelled. So the actual PO TUS rules are saying that we had to lose against them, let's say, giving some points to help them to qualify? There was only 13 (and basically only 10 clans played more than 6 games) clans playing on this season, so it's too hard that 4 clans can reach the 50% PLUS 70 games played in a season. So, what's the point on requiring a minimum of 50%, to punish two clans that defeated too much their opponents by cancelling a PO? or forcing to the rest of clans to be better, to lose less or to search for "easy-wins" clanners? In next season, we and p3 or any other clan that want to play PO, will have to see if we NEED to lose some games or not. This rules aren't helping with the competitiveness at all.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:57 PM by Twyrfher »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:50 PM »
am okay with this !  8)

Offline Peja

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:15 PM »
you call giving out freewins after the season is done in order to fix winning percentages competetive? funny  ;D
why dont you just make a final p3 vs tag, would be the easiest and most fair solution. or erase the 50% rule, but fixing games after the season is done sucks.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:29 PM »
you call giving out freewins after the season is done in order to fix winning percentages competetive? funny  ;D
why dont you just make a final p3 vs tag, would be the easiest and most fair solution. or erase the 50% rule, but fixing games after the season is done sucks.

srsly? p3 vs tag? how boring is that man, just two clans playing for the first place of the whole season, and just because we didnt play enough games? you rly prefer that man? I was inactive this season so were several of my clanmates, but we never loss activity afterall. What can be wrong in giving out some games so we have a real playoff match?, it'll be more fun than just p3 vs tag isnt it.

Smoking proud.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Personally i believe you need 50% win rate to make playoffs. IF only too clans made the requirements should just be 1 round for gold and silver trophies.

Clans should look to improve their winning ratios in order to make playoffs. Decide how you clan, who you recruit, who you boot and maybe think about the amount of members that are in certain clans.

If clans arn't making enough games, reduce the number of games to reach clanners. This would encourage clans with fewer members to play because they could make the minimum game requirements and still have a winning percentage of over 50%. This is how CF qualified for years.

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 11:27 PM »
im not sure TAG, and p3 should be penalized because everyone else sucked this season...

TAG, and p3 both had enough games played, and 50% + i think?

they should play for the gold...

i dont think free wins should be given out, and i dont think that the 50% rule should be terminated... if a clan cant get atleast 50% wins, they dont deserve the be in playoffs... (i THINK i can say this without being bashed, because dt did not get 50% either)

i dont think reducing the games needed would be a good idea either.... i think it was just a slow season, alot of people/clans were inactive, and rusty....

everyone will bounce back soon... but again, i dont think p3 or TAG should be penalized for this...   after all, (THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, i REPEAT... THIS IS JUST MY OPINION :DDDDD) they would most likely meet in the finals anyway.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 03:28 AM »
This is possible to reconsider the PO of a season. For example I can tell it to consider 40% as requirement. But I'm not sure if we should do that. Anyone up to push me? 8)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 04:23 AM »
ok for me, MI :)

Offline Lukz

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 05:09 AM »
i think that 45% is more competitive, but 50% is much for 5 or 7 active clans

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 12:29 PM »

Offline Peja

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 02:11 PM »
a straight tag vs p3 final would make p3 the first clan beeing in 2 finals, despite they never won a single playoff game in their history. if l3x is allowed to play, it would be a hilarious tribute to the continuous first round suckage of the atlanta hawks. if we cancel the playoffs, it would show how absurd this league has become. each of these options makes me laugh a lot tbh.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51 PM »
a straight tag vs p3 final would make p3 the first clan beeing in 2 finals, despite they never won a single playoff game in their history. if l3x is allowed to play, it would be a hilarious tribute to the continuous first round suckage of the atlanta hawks. if we cancel the playoffs, it would show how absurd this league has become. each of these options makes me laugh a lot tbh.

What do you suggest?

Offline Peja

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 05:11 PM »
a simple matter of demand and supply.
demand lacks, supply is huge. lets cut down the supply and make longer seasons. clans like l3x could cover inactive periods. and maybe playoffs will be more worthy if you have to put effort over a longer time than just 2 months.
for this situation twy is right, wouldnt be fair to punish tag and p3 so let them play for gold. l3x and dt didint even try to fix their ratio late in season. i dont think something like this should be rewarded. but if mi thinks its better to weaken up the winning ratio rule in order to keep playoffs alive its understandable. but this would be rather contraproductive for the future in my eyes.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26 PM »
a simple matter of demand and supply.
demand lacks, supply is huge. lets cut down the supply and make longer seasons. clans like l3x could cover inactive periods. and maybe playoffs will be more worthy if you have to put effort over a longer time than just 2 months.
for this situation twy is right, wouldnt be fair to punish tag and p3 so let them play for gold. l3x and dt didint even try to fix their ratio late in season. i dont think something like this should be rewarded. but if mi thinks its better to weaken up the winning ratio rule in order to keep playoffs alive its understandable. but this would be rather contraproductive for the future in my eyes.

Werent u telling me that u wanted it to be top 4?

Smoking proud.