Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:46 PM

Poll

Will you be taking the vaccine against covid-19?

Yes
No
I will wait and see....

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccine  (Read 8868 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2020, 02:05 AM »
A friend of mine caught COVID earlier this year. She spent months quarantined in her room, bedridden. She did not have the strength to stand, she would sleep for hours on end, sometimes days at a time. After about five or six months, she was finally declared COVID-free. But it hasn't stopped there. She's had issues with circulation, with her lungs, with her heart. SHe's dealing with chronic fatigue, symptoms that are not dissimilar to fibromyalgia. She went to work for a couple of weeks, but had to stop because she could not stand on her own feet anymore.

COVID-19 isn't just about the survival rate. It's not "just a cold" - the effects linger in ways we still don't fully understand.

Anyone who reduces the disease to a survival rate percentage - especially with the number of deaths, which is being woefully under-reported - is misinformed at best. At worst, they're being intellectually dishonest. If it's the former, the good news is that organizations like WHO and the CDC can correct your misinformation.

If it's the latter, though? f@#! you. I hope you catch the worst possible form of this damned thing so you can experience for yourself just how unlike the flu it is.

I am well aware of all of this. The actual effects vary so wildly from person to person and I totally agree that we probably don't fully understand the virus yet. However, is it worth all of the lockdown and restrictions? Is it worth destroying our economy and way of life to protect us from a virus that barely affects most people who get it? A lot of people are asymptomatic entirely. Is it worth it? I say no. This is an economic holocaust and it needs to stop now.

It's possible your friend has some pre-existing condition. It shouldn't take 5 or 6 months for an otherwise healthy, young individual to fight off Covid.

Also, you think deaths are being UNDER-reported? lol... ok. Maybe where you live.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2020, 02:52 AM »
:D skunk.

Post count has nothing to do with actual content, so pointing out I have the highest post count does nothing but show I am the most active poster and nothing else.

It's not something that was planned, I simply have so much passion for this game and this community, and spent most of my time either playing or reading/posting on here.

Generally speaking, opinionated and passionate people like me who are not afraid of confrontation ALWAYS have haters, it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, there will always be haters, so do what you love doing and have fun doing it, and the right people will come along. It is also a normal occurance for people to pay more attention to bad things than good things, so regardless of rubbing a few people the wrong way on here, there is a lot of mutual respect between myself and way more people, than there are people i've pissed off.

I don't demonize people who don't agree with me, you are generalizing over pretty much an individual and incredibly small aspect of my personality and behaviour based on the topics of political subjects, racism, homophobic slurs and sexism.

Not that you will ever see it because, thank goodness, you aren't a part of that part of my life, I have healthy debates and disagreements with people often in other areas of my life, and whenever it comes to something I am greatly passionate about it's always a massive positive when someone proves me wrong and I learn something that helps me to develop as a person, that's one of the greatest feelings to me, and I always thank them for taking the time to explain things to me.

The truth is, personally speaking I have extremely thick skin and can openly talk about pretty much anything. It doesn't actually bother as much if things are said in private between another person and myself. I can even handle them saying racist and bigoted things to an extent if I believe it's not malicious and believe they are mostly a good person although i'll still do my best to tell them how I feel and perhaps discuss the possibility of them developing their behaviour for the sake of others as well.

Whether YOU feel it, or experience or not is not the question here, the fact is OTHER PEOPLE feel horrible when certain things are said, people who have experienced extreme bullying, hatred, even attempts on theirs and their loved ones lives.

It's for the sake of those other people, and the integrity of this game I act this way on these forums, not for myself. I want to help protect people so they don't experience anxiety and depression, possible even leading to them feeling bad enough that they actually quit playing this game, which HAS actually happened before! I've lost a few good friends because of people like you and Kradie.

Do you think I care that people like you and Kradie call us sjw's or snowflakes lol? I've been through so much sh*t in my life both mentally and physically and came out a survivor extremely confident in myself. Do not mistake the fact that I care about other people for weakness, nobody in this life achieves everything alone, everyone needs help some way or another.

Some people simply do not have the courage to stand up for themselves, some people will avoid confrontation at all costs, even if it degrades the quality of their own life. I do not go around other social media platforms arguing with people and going out my way to say similar things. I am discussing it here because WA is a huge part of my life, these forums are a pretty big part of that, then people like you and Kradie keep bringing it up, and it's hardly as if I am the only person on your opposing side.

People have been complaining about racism and sexism all over the world longer than we've been alive, this is just further proof of your ignorance. There are lots of video games as old as Worms Armageddon that are just as popular, and actually a surprising number which are very popular, look at Age of Empires, Half-Life, Mech Warrior, the communities for those old games absolutely dwarf this community, those guys have appeared on things like GDQ, ESL, eSports among many other things, and while yes, other communities have toxic people, those other communities actually deal with it!

So saying because this game is so old, again, is further proof of your ignorance and lack of education in the matter.

I do agree with you on the impatient people who are unwilling to explain game rules to noobs and just kick them, that happens a lot, that definitely does not help.

Again though you are just showing how absolutely ignorant you are by failing to acknowledge that conversations that hurt peoples feelings or make them feel uncomfortable would put them off playing this game, and this is an assumption here, you probably feel that way because those things don't bother you, so you cannot comprehend any empathy towards people who ARE affected by it, this is the same reason you don't believe privilege is a thing, again, further proving your ignorance.

You often complain people don't talk in this game anymore online, have you ever stopped to wonder if they simply don't want to talk to you because you are not the kind of person they want to talk to?

I want to ban any discussion of racism and anything extremely political on these forums, and even though I love swearing and hurling witty insults at people myself, i'd love to crack down on that here too, creating a more family friendly environment would not hurt us at all, we can act that way and swear and do whatever we want in private matches or Discord servers etc.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Also, you think deaths are being UNDER-reported? lol... ok. Maybe where you live.
So you must feel that china’s COVID reporting numbers are accurate then?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2020, 04:52 PM »
What I find more interesting is the fact that China managed to flatten their curve so early on in this Coronahoax. There's over 1 billion residents there, but here in Europe we're still dealing with this hoax nearly a year later. There can be so many sob stories for one to hear, but it won't defend the integrity of this coronahoax though.

Just imagine if I told you all about a pandemic, social distancing & lockdown over a year ago, no one would believe it, and dismiss it as conspiracy theory. Thing is, I'm already ahead, and there will be more extreme regulations and waves of this ChinaVirus.  Already in Spain they will take notes of people who doesn't want to take the vaccines. Sounds totally reasonable eh? Not really...
But what if I told you something more extreme? What if in some future not so far now, people that refuses to take the vaccine, will eventually be labelled as dangerous hazard for the society, that they would eventually be marched to a containment camp? Sounds familiar mmm? Sounds totally reasonable for the indoctrinated and extremists out there anyway.

Imagine if I said any of this in China? I would be jailed or worse. Probably reasonable right?  ???
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2020, 05:08 PM »
A 99.7 % survival rate is not a pandemic.

You are correct. Survival rate has nothing to do with the term pandemic. Covid-19 is still a pandemic, though.

I'm glad that covid isn't having as profound an effect in Norway, that does nuance your choice for not going for a vaccine somewhat. But then, you are okay with the restrictions that currently apply in highly populated area like Oslo:

The measures in place in Oslo are summarised below:

All indoor events are banned.  The only indoor social activity allowed is gatherings in private homes, where there can be up to ten people, if infection control measures are complied with.
Weddings, confirmations and other family gatherings where there are more than ten people are not allowed.
All businesses where cultural and leisure activities take place closed, except libraries.
Cinemas, theatres, playgrounds, gyms, sports and swimming pools closed.
Grass roots sport (breddeidrett) and leisure activities for adults banned.
Bars banned from serving alcohol.
Restaurants can stay open but without serving alcohol.
Passengers and drivers in taxis must wear face masks.
Shops and malls must ensure the number of customers does not prevent two-metre social distancing being maintained.
‘Red' level at upper secondary schools and adult education, with reinforced infection control measures and smaller groups.
School grades 8-10 (ungdomsskole) also at the ‘red' level of restrictions used by health authorities for schools.
Face masks must be worn on public transport where it is not possible to maintain a social distance of 1 metre.

Not to mention the quarantine people need to be in for 10 days after entering Norway.

Restrictions like that obviously help combatting the spread of the virus. With a vaccine, taken by enough people, that type of restriction won't be necessary anymore.

To get back to the low mortality rate (which for covid is actually higher than what you're suggesting, even in Norway btw), it's a higher mortality rate than that for rubella, which we also vaccinate for. Main reason for that, is to prevent congenital defects if infections happen during pregnancy.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2020, 06:07 PM »
What I find more interesting is the fact that China managed to flatten their curve so early on in this Coronahoax. There's over 1 billion residents there, but here in Europe we're still dealing with this hoax nearly a year later. There can be so many sob stories for one to hear, but it won't defend the integrity of this coronahoax though.

Just imagine if I told you all about a pandemic, social distancing & lockdown over a year ago, no one would believe it, and dismiss it as conspiracy theory. Thing is, I'm already ahead, and there will be more extreme regulations and waves of this ChinaVirus.  Already in Spain they will take notes of people who doesn't want to take the vaccines. Sounds totally reasonable eh? Not really...
But what if I told you something more extreme? What if in some future not so far now, people that refuses to take the vaccine, will eventually be labelled as dangerous hazard for the society, that they would eventually be marched to a containment camp? Sounds familiar mmm? Sounds totally reasonable for the indoctrinated and extremists out there anyway.

Imagine if I said any of this in China? I would be jailed or worse. Probably reasonable right?  ???
I was being facetious, Kradie.  China has been famous for reporting false data on its citizens and their coronavirus reporting numbers make no sense. 

But yes, they must finally be reporting correct numbers when it comes to coronavirus, right?  ;D

Whatever fits your narrative, my friend!

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2020, 10:13 PM »

I was being facetious, Kradie.  China has been famous for reporting false data on its citizens and their coronavirus reporting numbers make no sense. 

But yes, they must finally be reporting correct numbers when it comes to coronavirus, right?  ;D

Whatever fits your narrative, my friend!

yo james,

congratulations on achieving the n°1 SJW on TUS

best regards,

g
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline nino

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2020, 02:32 AM »
AHHH Kradie if could meet you, u`d take this vaccine or id change my name from nino to porra!!! huahauhua

And yeah i'd inject in the butt!! cos king!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2020, 01:40 PM »
I agree with Komodo. He isn't trying to discourage conversations because the viewpoint is different to his, what he is saying is that when there are political discussions, there are toxic characters that just insult each other when opinions disagree. Having a mature debate is totally different to people insulting each other because their viewpoints are not aligned. I agree with komodo that certain individuals cannot express themselves without having to resort to immature and offensive comments.

On topic:

Skunk - you said about the vaccine affecting your DNA? This isn't true and the vaccine works using RNA technology. It cannot change or alter your DNA.

There are loads of medicines that are all based around gene therapies and 'personalised' medicine to someone's genetic makeup, I'm not sure if the RNA technology is of a similar method but we are not altering the genetic makeup of those who take it.

Here are some published scientific papers on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine and RNA technology. I've not read any of them them, but I trust the drug development and scientific community responsible for them.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2027906
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32466-1/fulltext
https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/11/27/covid-19-vaccines-where-are-the-data/
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03504-w

Some of these sources even say there are still unknowns about the vaccine, but this type of research will help people form their own opinions and beliefs.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2020, 04:55 PM »
couple more resources on mRNA vaccines. One hasn't been approved until now, but one vaccines always has the be the first right?

This paper from nature is dated in 2018 and shows that these vaccine types bring greater efficiencies compared to traditional vaccine methods. Its a nice read considering it pre-dates covid-19. https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

Then this EU resources on mRNA vaccines in response I guess to some of the fake news that worries people: https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/five-things-you-need-know-about-mrna-vaccine-safety.html

I also notice that Kradie has not a single counter-argument to my post earlier in the month so assume he accepts that my arguments around governments' economic objectives are correct.

Darkone - did you become a practicing doctor? If so, really appreciate what you are doing and have several friends who are nurses on the front line of this pandemic. Things are getting pretty terrible here in the UK now because of a lack of lockdowns and being too laid back on restrictions, with the new variant we now have 50,000 cases per day and 500+ daily deaths. Hospitals are once again overwhelmed like the start of the pandemic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:59 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2020, 05:46 PM »
I also notice that Kradie has not a single counter-argument to my post earlier in the month so assume he accepts that my arguments around governments' economic objectives are correct.

It almost feels like a right of passage around here, to actually believe you can have a civilized debate and get a well educated, presented and researched response out of him, however only to eventually realize you completely wasted your time.

Seriously, since August 2020 alone, especially when the Discord politcal channel blew up, I saw that most people who engage with him saying some form of the exact same thing with different words:

"He won't provide a counter arguement?"

He never does, and most likely, never will, that's his thing, he is actually infamous for it around here.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2020, 06:26 PM »
I have no counter arguments to provide only but my own opinions.

I accept that some people are educated in this topic, I accept that their proof are accurate with the monopoly-evidence provided by hired fact checkers by big-tech corporation. My findings & research within the big tech parameters will backfire at me. So I admit defeat in that regard. My sources are not acceptable by the narrative and thus is censored. All I have is my opinion and belief as my arguments and defense.

I don't think Chicken or anybody else wasted their time here in this thread though. It can be useful for other people to draw their own conclusion. If you feel otherwise, then there isn't much I think I can do about it.
 But I will always engage in topics that are of interest to me, topics that  troubles me, concerns me and for the wellbeing of all of humanity.  I am worried, it feels like all of humanity are walking off a cliff blindfolded. I wish this pandemic never happened, it ruined so many lives. I hope 2021 will be a turning point, but my fears tells me otherwise.

Hope for a better world is all I have.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2020, 07:16 PM »
Jehovah's witness! :P

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2020, 08:42 PM »

I accept that some people are educated in this topic, I accept that their proof are accurate with the monopoly-evidence provided by hired fact checkers by big-tech corporation. My findings & research within the big tech parameters will backfire at me. So I admit defeat in that regard. My sources are not acceptable by the narrative and thus is censored. All I have is my opinion and belief as my arguments and defense.

I don't think Chicken or anybody else wasted their time here in this thread though. It can be useful for other people to draw their own conclusion. If you feel otherwise, then there isn't much I think I can do about it.
 But I will always engage in topics that are of interest to me, topics that  troubles me, concerns me and for the wellbeing of all of humanity.  I am worried, it feels like all of humanity are walking off a cliff blindfolded. I wish this pandemic never happened, it ruined so many lives. I hope 2021 will be a turning point, but my fears tells me otherwise.

I think the problem people have is not your assertions nor the conclusions you draw, it is that your present your ideas as fact and you cast everyone else as misguided sheep.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2020, 09:08 PM »

I think the problem people have is not your assertions nor the conclusions you draw, it is that your present your ideas as fact and you cast everyone else as misguided sheep.
If that's how people see it, then I would like to try and correct it. I am very passionate & strong believer of my own belief. Maybe that is a reason why my ideas may sound like facts (opinions), because I interpret other people idea as facts (which you quoted me on). But again, I have problem presenting my opinions because of search result monopoly of a favorable narrative which I think people deem more desirable to hear than some other discredited scientist, reporter, & theorists. Hence the metaphor ''sheep'' comes into play, because I feel I am the voice of reason surrounded by loud noises. I can understand without a doubt that this make me come off as an Ignorant, but these are my opinions. I am happy to admit I was wrong if my opinion are to be wrong, and I do want to be wrong in this. I do also appreciate the faith you all have in the system, the solidarity, it is nice and touching. But it also worries me a bit. But don't get me wrong, I have not lost faith in the world, the governments, and so on. I just think there's a lot of corruption and self-interest at play.

Perhaps from your perspective you may think people like me are a danger for humankind. I can understand the reasoning from it. But it may sound hard to believe, I don't want mankind to suffer. We all have different ways to think and resolve things.  Ultimately, we just have to believe we just want the best for one another despite our differences in whatever views you may have.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:10 PM by Kradie »