Forums
May 03, 2024, 07:08 PM

Author Topic: Do you believe that the World will end/change athe the end of 2012?  (Read 6267 times)

Offline chakkman

Re: Do you believe that the World will end/change athe the end of 2012?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Do you believe that the World will end/change athe the end of 2012?

No.

And i don't know why esoteric, unlogical stuff like that is so popular nowadays. :) Must be because the reality and rationality is more and more fading away because people are too bored of the normal things in life. I must confess i didn't watch your video though Crazy and i did not read your long post either, but i know exactly what it is about. Wicked eh? ;)

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 06:20 PM »

No.

And i don't know why esoteric, unlogical stuff like that is so popular nowadays. :) Must be because the reality and rationality is more and more fading away because people are too bored of the normal things in life. I must confess i didn't watch your video though Crazy and i did not read your long post either, but i know exactly what it is about. Wicked eh? ;)

Nowadays?  Irrational beliefs have been constant throughout the ages.  2012 is just another in a long line of "End of the World" predictions :<  

What I find interesting is after armageddon doesn't come.  You would imagine in such a black and white situation for believers to turn around and say "I was wrong".  You might be surprised to find that the most ardent believers actually fall deeper into their illogical beliefs creating bizarre reasons why it all makes sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

There's actually a guy who plans to throw himself off a mountain in December 2012 so he gets transported to safety through some kind of portal...although I'm not sure if he's still planning to do it.  I hope not.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:22 PM by Cueshark »

Offline Rok

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 06:24 PM »

No.

What strikes me the most, is that the Mayan`s predictions of what will happen on the 21st of December 2012 is backed up by theories from science: On this specific date, The Earth will be in exact linement with the Sun and the Center of the Milkyway Galaxy, which is a Galatic event that only takes place every 25 800 year.

Earth is approximately 4,500,000,000 years old. That means this already happened few times. Approximately 170000 times. YAWN.  :)

EDIT: And from what I read at the link that Ramone posted, it's all jibberish, that "linement" (you meant alignment, right?) isn't even possible, hehe. Nice link, Ramone :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:01 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Crazy

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Yeah alignment ;< Well we`ll see Rok, I hope we are both here at TUS in three years time, that`s all :'(

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Yeah alignment ;< Well we`ll see Rok, I hope we are both here at TUS in three years time, that`s all :'(

Are you genuinely a bit worried?

Offline Crazy

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Maybe a bit atleast, but I do think about it sometimes, if I`m wasting my time studying lol, should I maybe rather go travelling while I still can? Really, there are so many things pointing out that something WILL happen in 2012, but maybe I have just been brainwashed ;P

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Maybe a bit atleast, but I do think about it sometimes, if I`m wasting my time studying lol, should I maybe rather go travelling while I still can? Really, there are so many things pointing out that something WILL happen in 2012, but maybe I have just been brainwashed ;P

What would you say is the strongest indicator that something will happen?

Offline darKz

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 09:41 PM »

Actually while reading this I had to think about two friends of mine. One died in a traffic accident and one died while playing volleyball (which he's been doing for years) because his heart simply stopped beating.

What I wanna say is that whatever you wanna do, you may not have the chance to do it even if the whole world is not going kaboom.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Anubis

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 05:13 PM »
People start with all these irrational stuff because they don't listen to metal. When you are confronted with diseases, death, evil and such things in most metal, things like this get boring. So no I don't believe the world will end. 2012 will just be another year with new awesome Metal. :D

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Not all metal... I agree that screamo growling metal, power metal, fast metal sucks!   Any metal that sings about fantasy crap.. like battles and stuff (dragonforce)... anything mystical or magical is just lame to me
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Not all metal... I agree that screamo growling metal, power metal, fast metal sucks!   Any metal that sings about fantasy crap.. like battles and stuff (dragonforce)... anything mystical or magical is just lame to me

That's what is death metal all about, mostly no fantasy stuff. Often lyrics are about the reality or past terrible things like war in human history. Or about social problems like murders, often in the position of the murder not the victims. ;)

Good bands for such lyrics are: Hail of Bullets or Blood Red Throne.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 10:56 PM »
..That's what is death metal all about, mostly no fantasy stuff. Often lyrics are about the reality or past terrible things like war in human history. Or about social problems like murders, often in the position of the murder not the victims. ;)

Yah! Teenagers gets fascinated about all those "reality" and I can understand that fascination, been there... But I cannot understand anyone adult being fascinated by metal.. That's a story that have already been digested so many times.. It just sux.
It's against life, f@#! those satanists.

World is not gonna end in 2012. Do not be a fool and let yourself be worried about it!

Propaganda is the little way they get to ur brain, and as I see this topic as a part of it I'd tell U that:
Rumors of an apocalypse in 2012 are being spread by people in order to make money.

"The "2012 doomsday" is a hoax, a fraud, and a con job. It is a cruel and disgusting lie  being promoted by scam artists after money; First they scare people to death that something terrible is going to happen, then publish books and videos on "how to survive the apocalypse". Get the scam?! You're not going to fall for something like that… right?"

Don't be Scammed!

*Edit: http://www.2012hoax.org/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:09 PM by Ramone »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Don't be Scammed!

PS: SPW, what you say makes sense, but what Komo is saying too.
It's not a vital issue and it wasn't make to flood (which is the target of "no double post" rule).
So as some people said: "think and grow up".
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 12:57 AM »
When I think of "Metal" Rock music, I think of things like Slipknot, I don't know if their music is considered Metal, but it's extremely annoying, sometimes hard to understand because sometimes it doesn't make sense, and anyone who sings this kind of music is going to lose their voice by the time they are 40.

What pisses me off even more, is IMO Slipknot are EXTREMELY talented musicians, as in they can actually sing and play their instruments very very good, it just feels to me it is a waste of such a beautiful talent to look like a bunch of adults/twats who can't outgrow halloween.

One of the very few things I literally hate in this world is Slipknot, everytime I see them on music channels I get ridiculously angry have to punch something or do something, and I am not just saying this, the last time I seen Slipknot on TV I almost burst a blood vessel shouting at my GF to change the channel, unfortunately she likes Slipknot, and i've banned Slipknot in my house...

My mate likes Slipknot too, he's a BIG Metal fan too, his favourite band is Slipknot I think, or at least one of his favourites and I always say to him he's got crap on his face... (If anyone gets that lol)