Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:58 PM

Author Topic: Do you like your country?  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: Do you like your country?
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2014, 08:34 PM »
What DarkOne said really.. I like living in Norway, I'm very greatfull for being born here. It's a nice and beautiful country with a peacefull, open-minded and democratic society. What I like most is equality for all, no matter religion, sex, sexual orientation and so on. Education is free, even college, and health care is free. You make a lot of money living here, I think only Switzerland can compare, but it's also sooooo damn expencive. Being a student, it's not very good. I have to work a lot beside my study to survive (but who doesn't). Tobacco and alcohol is the most expencive I think. Government want to prevent youth from start smoking obviously, and alcohol in general is highly expencive to reduce alcoholism in families. I get that.. SPW you say 1 pack of sigarettes is expencive 6 euros? I laughed, here it cost 12 euros. 1 beer in pub is 10 euros easily, a drink 15 euros. Shop stop selling beer at 8 PM, wine and vodka is sold in seperate stores closing at 5 PM. All clubs close around 2-2.30 AM!

What I dislike about my country.. well I think its how lazy and greedy people are. Norwegian youth is lazy, they don't want to do any hard work, they don't want to work in certain jobs (like in a grocery shop). The work we don't want to do ourselves, we let people from other european countries take care of. I have an example of my own: as a summer job I work in a low-paid job as production worker producing salmon and trout. 95% of the people working there are from Lithuania or Latvia. My friends used to work there as well, but they rather do something not so physical, hard work with long days now. A normal day in this job you make 160 euros, yet this kind of job is not interesting for Norwegians. What I have learned, working eight summers straight there, is that people from eastern europe have balls, unlike Norwegians :D

I don't think you can complaint about people going abroad to make a better life Kinslayer.. I have seen many people come here, work for a couple of years, buying a new house in their homecountry, and then going back. You gotta do what you gotta do you know...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Shop stop selling beer at 8 PM, wine and vodka is sold in seperate stores closing at 5 PM. All clubs close around 2-2.30 AM!

That doesn't sound fun! That happens even in the city?

In the UK there is this London bubble.
London has their own wages/costs/transport/lifestyle and you either love it or hate it.
You could get really far if you live there but the costs are massive.

Most my mates moved from Cardiff to London (or stayed in Cardiff) but I moved to the rural (towns) for quality of life - it is a trade off.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Poland is really diferent :P I life in Sopot (1 of the richest cities in Poland, 2-3 years ago it was the richest city in Poland, now probably 2nd after Warszawa)
I love seaside <3

but i know not in every side of Poland is as fun as in my city. there are also poor peaple :(

In Poland we have a lot's of shity politics.... which only want take cash without doing something.... 2nd bad think in Poland is law... rape -> 3 years in prison, drunk ride bike -> 5 years...(or something like that)

I <3 polish sexy girls + polish rap music :)
maybe in the world are better counteies than Poland, (Switzerland, Norway, Germany, UK, USA) but are also worse. (Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan...)

If you could born again in other random country,do you take the risic?
-me NOT

Offline Senator

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Tobacco and alcohol is the most expencive I think. Government want to prevent youth from start smoking obviously, and alcohol in general is highly expencive to reduce alcoholism in families. I get that.. SPW you say 1 pack of sigarettes is expencive 6 euros? I laughed, here it cost 12 euros. 1 beer in pub is 10 euros easily, a drink 15 euros. Shop stop selling beer at 8 PM, wine and vodka is sold in seperate stores closing at 5 PM. All clubs close around 2-2.30 AM!

I thought Finland is the most paternalistic society when it comes to alcohol/cigarette policy. Apparently not.. :D

In pubs you may have to pay 6-7 euros  for a basic lager (0,5l), 8-10 euros for a drink. Beer is much cheaper in shops so people drink at home and go only to night club drunk. Pubs can't even offer "happy hour" prices anymore. Night clubs close at 4 AM but there has been debate about closing them earlier.

Shops stop selling beer at 9 PM and don't sell until 9 AM. All drinks with more than 4,7% alcohol is sold in separate stores owned by the state (monopoly). Now there has been debate about selling only 3,5% beer in shops. Cigarettes cost ~6 euros and are hidden under cashdecks so you have to know which cigarette you want.

Whenever government needs money, they raise alcohol/cigarette taxes because it's easy to justify as alcohol policy. Now we see people bringing their beer from Estonia with vans... :D Thanks to EU, government can't do much although they try. You can bring alcohol only for your "own use" and some other silly restrictions.

Offline rU`

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2014, 11:22 PM »
Good posts lads.
I haven’t had the motivation/inspiration enough yet to make a proper post about the place I live. But check out this article. Andalusia (south Spain) has just been chosen as the best place to live in by an English journal. Also, check out the World's top 20 places in the aforementioned article. Worth a read...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/internationalproperty/10710665/Worlds-top-20-places-for-the-good-life.html

I love my city , Sevilla - which is Andalusia’s capital. I’ve lived outside for some time so I could really appreciate even more the way of living here.
Looks like most of us are satisfied with our places. I do miss one thing though, northern countries seem to be more balanced when it comes to being open-minded, religion or equality amongst other cultures, as Crazy said about Norway above.
Also, regarding DarkOne’s post - I’m kind of jealous of those who had the opportunity of watching non dubbed tv/movies. I do believe that being able to speak English at a decent level can bring in a lot more opportunities, especially nowadays.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:25 PM by EL FUGA »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2014, 11:58 PM »
Well, Chelsea, pretty happy to have been born here, so I wouldn't trade :) Especially since I would statistically end up in India or Africa, maybe China or southern east Asia. I prefer being here :)

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 09:08 PM »
And what about France? fada?
Or other parts of big russia, Dmitry?
guuria or greatprofe about Brasil?
MI and the maybe misunderstood Iran?

This thread was out of the "Latest Posts" so I revive it, don't wanna lose it, and the only threads that at least I read are the ones shown under "Latest Posts"

Offline rU`

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2014, 02:15 PM »
And what about France? fada?
Or other parts of big russia, Dmitry?
guuria or greatprofe about Brasil?
MI and the maybe misunderstood Iran?

This thread was out of the "Latest Posts" so I revive it, don't wanna lose it, and the only threads that at least I read are the ones shown under "Latest Posts"

Religion kills everything, Twy.  Screw it.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2014, 03:15 PM »
There's a thread about Brazil i guess:

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/police-in-brasil-(welcome-world-curp-2014)-24635/

Idk what You guys want to know, since i dont understand a shit about beer, cigarretes, religion, etc haha