Forums
May 16, 2024, 08:58 PM

Author Topic: First day without cigarettes...  (Read 12223 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: First day without cigarettes...
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Go look it up, Komo :)
Ray, I held back! That's why I just went with "ROFL". I just can't help myself whenever someone says "it's not so bad".

Also, gosh!

But D1, you are a Doctor lol, and apparently you really really don't like smoking.

I don't care about "health" and all that, as long as you do what you can in life to enjoy it and be nice to others, and I ain't giving up smoking to "possibly" life an extra 5-10 years.

I know ALOT of facts about smoking and how "bad" it is, but it is only "bad" if you "think" it's "bad", the "bad" things about smoke, to me, is nothing compared to more important things in life, and other, much more harmless things.

In fact, the ONLY bad thing about smoking imo, is the f@#!ing price :'(

Offline CMV

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23 AM »
...all those legends about second-hand smoking, that it gives you cancer and makes your life shorter is BULLSHIT!
You believe in what you want... But after having analysed in a laboratory what a cigarette contains, and having seen its effects on animals, I do believe what I'm saying.
And again, the atmosphere does not make those toxins disappear. But... whatever, just smoke it.

Edit: ty smiter
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 10:26 AM »
...all those legends about second-hand smoking, that it gives you cancer and makes your life shorter is BULLSHIT!
You believe in what you want... But after having analysed in a laboratory what a cigarette contains, and having seen its effects on animals, I do believe what I'm saying.
And again, the atmosphere does not make those toxins disappear. But... whatever, just smoke it.

1st, we are not animals, and 2nd, different peoples bodies can handle different things, some people are even rare enough to be allergic to inhaling smoke, seriously.

Comparing what humans can handle and animals, just isn't accurate and specific enough for humans, plus the fact most peoples body chemistry is different to others.

Offline Ray

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Just end the argument already, okay? Get a beer and let's play some worms, shall we? ;D
Ehhhh?!?!? NE1?!?!?

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Completely agree, Ray :) I'm hoping that could be read as the message in my first post :)
Whenever I had a patient that was smoking, I asked them how many people had given them a stern warning before and if that number was relatively, high, I'd just keep it at "just pretend I gave a rant". People get sick of hearing it over and over. I used to go about as CMV does right now, but really, there are 2 kinds of smokers: 1 that knows and doesn't want to hear it. 1 that doesn't know and refuses to listen anyway.
Okay, perhaps a third that doesn't know and would do things differently if they knew :) Small minority, though and I try not to abuse fear tactics with those people.

Komo: ROFL (@ both posts).

Offline CMV

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2011, 10:31 AM »
But... whatever, just smoke it.
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 10:33 AM »
This is true: My great Gran died at 92 years old, she had been smoking since she was 16(legally), although the family knew she started a few years before this cuz of the war and all that. From the age of 40 onwards, she smoked at least 60 a day, I swear I am telling the truth.

She died of natural causes and everyone who lived around her had no health issues/problems or even coughed(due to smoke), even my little cousin didn't have issues with the 2nd hand smoke and she was only 6-7 when we gathered round for Xmas.

But, saying that, we are used to everyone smoking around us here, it doesn't bother us, but, for someone who lives generally most of their life nowhere near smoke, I can see how it's bothersome, and I can see how growing up without a strong influence for smoking as I did unlike me* why you would be so against it.

I am 100% serious when I say this, if I couldn't smoke, due to MY choice and it wasn't MY choice*, I wouldn't want to live anymore.

D1, stop being cocky lol, it really doesn't suit you, for a person who claims to be so smart, you are acting like such a retard/dumbass right now, you should KNOW what my point is, and what I am getting at.

Also D1, I know, and I just don't care, and I don't mind you or CMV saying the stuff you are saying against smoking, each to their own, we will all die anyway.

*I edited the parts I wrote wrong there, said it wrong way round lol.

Offline CMV

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Yes, that's a little contradicting, afaik the oldest man in the world had smoked until he was 90-something... I think that's an example of positive mutation - though I really can't explain it. I'm suffocating when anyone's smoking in my 5m area, so maybe I'm a little biased...
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 10:39 AM »
Yes, that's a little contradicting, afaik the oldest man in the world had smoked until he was 90-something... I think that's an example of positive mutation - though I really can't explain it. I'm suffocating when anyone's smoking in my 5m area, so maybe I'm a little biased...

Sorry I don't get this, what did I say that was contradicting?

I don't mind if you hate smoking really, I respect that, I wouldn't smoke in front of you out of respect, i'd like, walk round the corner or out your house or something, have a cig, go toilet wash my mouth out spray some deoderant before coming back to you...

Offline Ray

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2011, 10:43 AM »
It's contradicting that there are some people who live for 90 years and smoke through 70 of those and we al know that smoking kills. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 10:45 AM »
It's contradicting that there are some people who live for 90 years and smoke through 70 of those and we al know that smoking kills. :)

How is that contradicting? If anything it's luck/or their body has strong immunity towards those deseases?

Offline CMV

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 10:45 AM »

Sorry I don't get this, what did I say that was contradicting?

I don't mind if you hate smoking really, I respect that, I wouldn't smoke in front of you out of respect, i'd like, walk round the corner or out your house or something, have a cig, go toilet wash my mouth out spray some deoderant before coming back to you...

Ray explained it already, I'm sorry if I made you misunderstand something. My English is not perfect on these levels ;(

Edit: Immunity towards poisonous toxins... Well, they take generations to develop, but yeah, it's possible.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:47 AM by CMV »
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 10:47 AM »
Smoking CAN kill, it doesn't mean it does 100%

Offline CMV

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Life kills!
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline Ramone

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I just can't help myself whenever someone says "it's not so bad".
It's not so bad! -----> as massive propaganda makes it looks like.
Yes of course it increases the chances for getting sick, but not more as other shits.
I know a lots of old ppl that have smoked all of their life, and yes, they are not in top form, but cigs didn't kill them and they have enjoyed their hedonists way of life.. It's their choice.
On the other hand, I have a several friends (young ppl) which have seriously f@#!ed up their stomachs and ended up in a hospital cause they were addictive and drank a lot of Coca-Cola.. Now tell me, why the hell there is no so massive propaganda against shitty Coca-Cola drink?

Anti-smoking propaganda is excessive, forbidding ppl to smoke in parks or in their apartments or balconies in some countries.. pffft, that sux.

And the lie/propaganda that the cigarette smoke pollutes the earth atmosphere is ridiculous and cynic. Only 1 military war missile pollutes the atmosphere more than all the cigarettes ever smoked (counting Indians pipes too).. ;x