Forums
May 03, 2024, 02:27 PM

Author Topic: My comp is a piece of shite..  (Read 2363 times)

Offline HHC

My comp is a piece of shite..
« on: June 02, 2016, 11:22 AM »
 :'(

It's an ASUS desktop with a AMD A4-6210 processor and 8GB internal memory.

I bought it only 3 or 4 months ago. It was kinda shit right from the start. It had annoying freezes every few mins. At first I thought it was cause the Processor was using up to 90% of its capacity. I killed off McAfee which was using way too much, and that made the 'pauses' become less frequent, but they were still there. It happened sometimes in Worms too, the screen would just freeze for about 20 seconds (making my opponent think i lagged out).

Anyway, right now, it seems the freezes are still there every now and then, but it's become worse cause now it has these moments of 'lag' as well. And where before the sound would stop during the freezes, it now plays on during these little lags. Which causes my music to go 'brrrr durrrr prshsh' before it plays on... in the best scenario, cause sometimes it goes so bad the whole system crashes (the monitor turns off and I have to hold the power to shut the PC down). I'm now at a point where I don't really feel comfy playing music at all anymore cause every few mins it goes to the point where i fear the whole system will crash yet again..

What's the issue here? Why did I get complete system freezes? And why does it now affect the music/sound where it didn't before?

It kinda started with the sound in rocket league going bad (like it had extra bass being played on a cruppy pc speaker). But yeah.

Is it a prob with some drivers? Or is my PC just a piece of crap to begin with? Gosh  >:(

And I mean this lag is everywhere, even in really low-demanding programs (like saving an image in firefox, or saving it in paintshop). Whelp.

Offline Rabbzz

Re: My comp is a piece of shite..
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:24 AM »
You think that's bad? You should see Pizza's craptop!  :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:28 AM »
It's most likely a heat/dirt issue

Open it up and remove all the dust you can, specially from the fans. Use a dust moppet thing or simply toilet paper if you don't have one.

that is of course assuming your software is fine and this ain't all malware

about the sound I have no idea, most likely a broken sound card, try plugging in an external usb one see if it fixes the sound thing if only to identify where the problem is
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:30 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:30 AM »
hmm, its a new comp, only 3-4 months old as I said, this cant be dust??

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:33 AM »
Windows + X
Device Manage
- Any devices marked (!) right click.
Update driver Software.
Search Automatically  for updated driver software.

OR use the CD that came with the desktop, and install from there.

If there are no exclamation mark in the device manager section..
START (Windows Logo Bottom Left).
Settings.
Update & Security
Recovery
Reset This PC (Clean Install, delete all)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 11:34 AM »
Download process explorer and check out what's consuming your CPU. It's like windows task manager but with more details.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

Don't forget to run it as administrator. You can right-click and suspend the processes which you are in doubt.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline barman

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Could be a faulty/slow hard drive as well.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Could be a faulty/slow hard drive as well.

Doubt it. I had a broken HDD on my old PC. This one gives no error message for it (nor for any of the drivers@kradie) and you can't hear the HDD in any significant way (as was the case with my old one..). If the HDD is the problem... it's in the very early stage. (this cant be caused by malware in a file transferred from my old comp right??)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 12:01 PM »
hmm, its a new comp, only 3-4 months old as I said, this cant be dust??

it can, specially if it's one of those small enclosed towers from asus with no ventilation
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 12:07 PM »
Had similar problem few months ago. PC was freezing and lagging, WA was unplayable at times.
Fixed it with: Ctrl+Alt+Del / Task Manager / Processes / svchost.exe*/ End process.

* - be aware that this was my other svchost.exe running. And it took 3/4 of RAM.. After ending it, PC healed in a sec. So, if you got only one svchost there - don't touch it :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 12:08 PM »
For a in depth hardware diagnostics acquire the following

Download memtest
http://www.memtest86.com

Boot from USB and run the diagnostics to see if there is any RAM fault.

Secondly get cpuid (It tells you the hardware temperature of your cpu.
http://www.cpuid.com/news/39-hwmonitor-1-28.html

Thirdly, download Prime95
http://www.mersenne.org/download/

Run prime95 and keep an steady eye on the temperature.
Be weary to monitor it or it can affect your hardware.

Offline Triad

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 12:10 PM »
Btw did you uninstall McAfee with it's uninstall software? Even after that sometimes McAfee leaves files, uninstall remaining things with Revo Uninstaller. That programme is shit, even founder of McAfee says so.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Had similar problem few months ago. PC was freezing and lagging, WA was unplayable at times.
Fixed it with: Ctrl+Alt+Del / Task Manager / Processes / svchost.exe*/ End process.

* - be aware that this was my other svchost.exe running. And it took 3/4 of RAM.. After ending it, PC healed in a sec. So, if you got only one svchost there - don't touch it :)

yeah, you stopped the malware for a while, congratulations
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline nino

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 03:59 PM »
Buy a SSD and do a reinstall on everything.

Using HDD on operation system nowadays is just silly.

Use your HDD as slave, another tip, dont trust on slaves!!!! I tell it by known case cos king!!!!!

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Buy a SSD and do a reinstall on everything.

Using HDD on operation system nowadays is just silly.

Use your HDD as slave, another tip, dont trust on slaves!!!! I tell it by known case cos king!!!!!

No need to say my name, it just overwhelms me.

People still use HDD for their Operating System, it just needs to be at least 7200rpm. So in general, issues like what HHC is experiencing may not necessary be his HDD fault, of course it might be defective and shouldn't be overlooked of course.