Forums
May 03, 2024, 05:36 AM

Author Topic: Splitted drug thread  (Read 8957 times)

Re: Who has played WA the most?
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2013, 07:46 PM »
it's just a damn grocery store lol, I don't think you'll lose much if they won't hire you

I'm a broke ass college student... The minimum wage in the US is $7.25 an hour and Ohio's minimum wage is $7.85... This grocery store starts out at $11.50 an hour, it's better than what I'm going to find in most other places looking for a summer job :P  the possibility of a hair test is the only thing standing in my way
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Yeah Shy, I was thinking same thing, you are a smart guy, I assume you have good qualifications, why the f@#! are you aiming for a shitty grocery store job in the 1st place? Even cashier, isn't aiming high... I only work in a supermarket (nightshift) because it's very hard for me to get another nightshift job with good money that's in the slightest bit intersting and isn't full of c@#!s... I enjoy working with working class, my people, for the banter...

Even if I hadn't said the above, why the hell does grocery stores bother doing drug tests? We don't do them over here, i've never had to do a drug test for a single job i've ever applied for and i've applied for quite alot in the past, with no mention of a drug test at all... Only job I would have had to take one was a train driver, but I didn't fancy the job so I didn't go for it...

Honestly, considering the low lifes (stereotypically speaking) shops normally hire, I can't believe you have to go through this for a shitty job at a supermarket... With you being the person you are, you are better than a supermarket man, you were on the f@#!ing radio for f@#! sake...!

*edit - just read your last post, I guess it makes sense*

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2013, 07:51 PM »
well Komo, that's around 2.000 $ a month (if he does 40 hours a week) for what I'm sure is very little effort for him, so it sounds pretty good, university degree or not, specially since it's a summer job
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2013, 08:00 PM »
I'm also trying to save up money so I can go to paramedic school next summer and eventually become a fireman (crossing my fingers for complete legalization soon, or I might move to Colorado for this... they do random drug tests).  I plan on writing my screen plays as a fireman (they have a lot of free time, 24 hour shifts, next 48 - 72 hours off.)  It's a good fallback job that doesn't require a full blown college degree.  And yeah, the job is really easy - check people out and stock stuff when there's no one in line.  I'd be working full time in the summer, so I'd make a good sum of money for doing monkey work, which I don't mind because it's contributing to my future goals
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2013, 08:03 PM »
I'd make a good sum of money for doing monkey work, which I don't mind because it's contributing to my future goals

That's the part that makes sense :) Well, good luck man !

I apologise, I was under the impression you were settling for this job or something.

Offline Husk

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2013, 08:06 PM »
wudn't it be easier to, u know... just stop using drugs?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2013, 09:12 PM »
I'm also trying to save up money so I can go to paramedic school next summer and eventually become a fireman (crossing my fingers for complete legalization soon, or I might move to Colorado for this... they do random drug tests).  I plan on writing my screen plays as a fireman (they have a lot of free time, 24 hour shifts, next 48 - 72 hours off.)  It's a good fallback job that doesn't require a full blown college degree.  And yeah, the job is really easy - check people out and stock stuff when there's no one in line.  I'd be working full time in the summer, so I'd make a good sum of money for doing monkey work, which I don't mind because it's contributing to my future goals
you realize it is insanely hard to get a job as a fireman, right?  even without you being a potsmoking fireman, that only makes it harder.  it would be a shame to f@#! up a great job for marijuana.  Weed isn't that great of a drug anyways, I always end up having less fun when I smoke weed.  People just sit around and say stupid shit, you never seem to go out and do anything.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Weed isn't that great of a drug anyways, I always end up having less fun when I smoke weed.  People just sit around and say stupid shit, you never seem to go out and do anything.

People are different, weed benefits me, it depends which type you smoke also, I don't care who believes what, but it's a good thing for me, although i've quit atm so I can save up money for a super PC.

Also, for me, weed is kinda like a favourite food, after a while it loses it's impact and I have to stop for a while so it becomes fresh again...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Weed isn't that great of a drug anyways, I always end up having less fun when I smoke weed.  People just sit around and say stupid shit, you never seem to go out and do anything.

People are different, weed benefits me, it depends which type you smoke also, I don't care who believes what, but it's a good thing for me, although i've quit atm so I can save up money for a super PC.

Also, for me, weed is kinda like a favourite food, after a while it loses it's impact and I have to stop for a while so it becomes fresh again...
I'm biased though, I smoked up for years and years, then quit for a few years.  When I tried smoking weed again, it made me paranoid every time I smoked and just wasn't fun anymore.  Grew out of it.  At the time it served its purpose, but i never wanted to be doing drugs or drinking heavily forever.  To me there isn't anything more pathetic than a 40 or 50 year old alcoholic or burnout that leans on alcohol or drugs to cope with daily pressures. 

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2013, 11:39 PM »
heheheh walrus you are so right! i agree with everything you said! tho while im writing those lines im skoking a big joint, and i have to agreee that im enjoying it !!

Offline avirex

« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2013, 01:36 AM »
yaaaaa man ! lets al"l get high and see who can plays the most w:a!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2013, 01:37 AM »
Hmm Wally, bl for you...

One of my mates was the same, but he only smoked it really because everyone else did, maybe u were the same? Was just something you grew up with? Some people aren't meant for it.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2013, 07:26 AM »
Hmm Wally, bl for you...

One of my mates was the same, but he only smoked it really because everyone else did, maybe u were the same? Was just something you grew up with? Some people aren't meant for it.
i started at age 13 and i smoked almost everyday from age 15 to 20.  i loved pot at first smoking all those years, i remember warming with you way back when and we would take breaks to roll or take bong hits, ect.  i even had a picture of me on cl2k mug shots blazing the weed.  i would smoke now, but its just not the same.  when i say i grew out of it i mean i changed my whole life to quit a host of other drugs and now not being in control or high bothers me.  alcohol is fine, i even take a bunch of prescription pills, the more i talk about it the more i sound like a hypocrite, im not really drug free, i just have legal drugs now lol.  im pretty sure people on here can relate because you have to be pretty addicted to computer games to get good at wa, thousands of games played in a year and such, ect.  if i didnt feel like the police were coming to knock down the door wherever i am smoking weed, i would likely still be doing it. 

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2013, 07:51 AM »
I don't really know what I am talking about, but perhaps it's the other drugs that altered your mind Wally? I guess it's best to stop if that is how you feel...

Man, I am certain the longest warmers I ever played were with you, talking about hours and hours and hours lol, just getting f@#!ing stoned and roping for hours and hours and hours :D I wish I could say i'd love to do that again but whenever I try it's just not the same :( But I will cherish those moments for the rest of my life, such fun :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2013, 09:22 AM »
i used to do coke to play WA

best days of my life

sadly, I don't make enough money
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.