Forums
April 30, 2024, 09:25 PM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38152 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 03:50 PM »
god = santaclaus, open ur eyes!

So you are saying my dad is god? :D

Offline nino

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2010, 04:38 PM »
What did your secretary say about avi had a bf?

hahahha pretty good MI that was funny :D

and nino.. damn, why did u have to tell about my BF :(

She was like ohhh and started to cry on my shouders..she said crying " i would try him atleast once, but hes puto buaaa buaa buaa"

And sorry avi, it was a strange force that made say that, something i cant explain, oh noooo it was god!!!!!! huahuahua
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2010, 05:54 PM »
I don't belive god created the world. But on the other hand I don't belive that there is nothing after life. But if there is only nothing then what is nothing how can you just be nothing??? Lol  :o

What were you before you were born?  I was nothing before I was born and I'll be nothing after.  But the reward for this painful reality is a life which many others do not get a chance to enjoy.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Before you were born, you weren't nothing: since you have never been created, you just weren't at all.

But when you die, I guess there is something after: can't tell what, but something.
I mean it's hard to believe your spirit just go away. Anway, this question won't have answer until you die.

That's why I'll enjoy dying, so I'll have some answers on my questions. :)
(And being free sounds to be sooo awesome.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:27 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I was nothing before I was born and I'll be nothing after.

No one can answer that.

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Before you were born, you weren't nothing: since you have never been created, you just weren't at all.

But when you die, I guess there is something after: can't tell what, but something.
I mean it's hard to believe your spirit just go away. Anway, this question won't have answer until you die.

That's why I'll enjoy dying, so I'll have some answers on my questions. :)
(And being free sounds to be sooo awesome.)

It's not just difficult to think about.  It's impossible.  

I think it's quite sad.  But like I said, there are millions and billions of potential 'people', but we were the ones who made it.  So many variables of chance which could have denied us an existence.  

We are very f@#!ing lucky to be alive.  It all has to end but at least we were part of it.  And at least we were alive at a point when we do have answers to a lot of questions and access to some seriously cool technology.

;O

Offline Ramone

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I don't belive god created the world.

The question is - what is God? And in 21 century we all kinda know that God is not a human-looking old dude with gray beard and long hair.. But Something have created the World since it exist, whatever U call it.

But on the other hand I don't belive that there is nothing after life. But if there is only nothing then what is nothing how can you just be nothing??? Lol  :o

That's the good point. Human brain cannot imagine or even think about 2 things: infinity and singularity (Circle and the Dot).. we cannot imagine, think or talk about "nothing" since we cannot conceive that. So there's no answers, just beliefs..

"Makes much more sense to live in a present tense.."

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 11:57 PM »
It's a huge and deeply interesting part of human psychology.

I also find it amazing how some people see right through the bullshit and care about the actual truth.  Not just what comforts them.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Ask yourself this, what is it that even makes you care?

Offline Ramone

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 12:31 AM »
I also find it amazing how some people see right through the bullshit and care about the actual truth.  Not just what comforts them.

It is amazing! Those are sparkles that flies high among the others from this big "herd of sheeps".. Copernicus, Galileo, Tesla, Newton, Einstein and many others are those sparks.. Just a phenomenons that brought us the wider point of view.. Thank them endlessly for that. Did God took a part there? ;x

To the ones that care, that's the God given will for developing knowledge, intelligence and consciousness.. Without that will through human history we wouldn't be intelligent humans now, but primitive animals. The thing why we care is what makes us humans. We have natural needing to progress, that's good I guess..  we might get somewhere as we've already did..

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2010, 12:33 AM »

I don't know really.  

I think it's a combination of my interest in human psychology (which came from studying it at college/uni), and also my fascination with anything paranormal or the occult.

Ghosts, psychics, astrology, religion, alternative medicine, ufos, cyptozoology (i.e lochness monster, rods, bigfoot etc), conspiracy theories (JFK and the lone gunman?, 9/11 inside job, the moon landing hoax etc)

I love it all.

I love being a skeptic because I can sit back and not be tied to a particular view point because it makes me happy or comforts me.  I can take a step back and all I care about is truth.  Even if the truth isn't interesting I would rather live in a real world.

I think at the root of all this stuff is the desire to get closer to the answers to serious damn questions and seek the truth in all situations.  I love pursuing truth whatever the topic, but particularly stuff which is interesting or has an impact on my life or my fellow brothers and sisters.

Irrational thinking is dangerous.  About somethings less so than others.

http://whatstheharm.net/

Take homeopathy for example.  Most people might not realise that homeopathy in summary is taking a single drop of an 'active' ingredient and diluting it in water over and over again, like hundreds of dilutions until there is not one single molecule left of the original active ingredient.  So homeopathy is literally nothing.  This homeopathic 'medicine' is funded by the NHS over in the UK.  Fortunately it's not funded by governments anywhere else in the world and it's looking like it won't be here for much longer.  But at the moment you can buy it in Boots pharmacies with a label on the side explaining that it will have no effect and in some NHS hospitals (although it's mostly given to terminal cancer patients who take it just for placebo).

This is insane....but why does Homeopathy still exist anywhere in the world?

The answer to this question is very long and complex.  You could replace homeopathy with any such irrational belief or magical idea.  So much controversy, so much bullshit.  I don't really know what can be more interesting than taking an interesting belief, idea or theory and looking at them critically in order to get to the bottom of it all.

I hope that answers your question albeit in a long winded way!

;O
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:50 AM by Cueshark »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2010, 07:29 AM »
And just to point out, I wasn't making a statement by the question I just asked, It was a serious question.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 09:52 AM »
I love being a skeptic because I can sit back and not be tied to a particular view point because it makes me happy or comforts me.  I can take a step back and all I care about is truth.  Even if the truth isn't interesting I would rather live in a real world.
I love you Cue !  :-*

This is insane....but why does Homeopathy still exist anywhere in the world?
You're right, it's litteraly nothing, but as you should know, the human can heals himself just with beliefs.
I mean, giving him some homeopathy telling him it will heal his disease must work in many case, cause he thinks it will really do this (but in fact no).
The homeopathy did nothing, it's just the human himself.

Such as when you see "miracles", saying it's god who did that; but no, the victim of the disease did it himself.

Anyway, if god exists, then he's f@#!in' fool. The human is the worst thing which appeared for the earth.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:55 AM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Almog

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2010, 12:59 PM »
I read 70% of this thread, I noticed most people here don't believe there's a god... it seems like many people here study some articles in science, or think they know enough science, and think that science and bible/religious contradicts eachother when it's simply not so

another thing I noticed is that people say it's just easier for 'low/poor humans' to believe in god, when it's actually much easier to believe there is no god

I also think most of it caused by most of you living in christanity countries, i've read some about that religion and about jesus, yeah it's stupid I see why you dont believe it.. but studying the bilble/god through christanity is nothing like studying it through Judaism

so yeah, I like science and I everyday learn more in my religion, the more I go deep the more I see how it's obvious there just had to be one creator and that there is another life after we die

what brings me to whole this, is simply things I've experienced in my life, or my friends have...
the only thing that can divert my beliefs is if somone will be able to answer the question - How did it all start? and I'm not talking about the theories of the big bang, I'm talking about the first-ever tiniest energy made... until then - I stick to believe god did all this

p.s.
I don't think god cares what I wear or what my sexlife is.. but yeah rules like these do help people get better attitude in life

Offline nino

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2010, 01:08 PM »
almog, thats really a question that noone can answer for sure, how did all start? but since if it was god who created everything...theres the question..who created god? from where he cames? and who created the creator of god? OMG
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.