Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:10 AM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38111 times)

Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 03:49 PM »
ive always looked at religion as a way to manipulate people for control and to keep order, its a senseless thing that gives people something to fight about

im atheist i believe that you just rot in the ground after you die, which is fine by me, sorry but i think religous people just like getting their hopes up and are scared of death

as far as near death experience goes ive had life saving surgery, i didnt see any light or anything, just a surgeon with bad breath(yay)

i had a friend in highschool whos parents were extremely catholic, to the point where he pretty much had no life... once he was old enough to have his freedom he went out and did everything, ended up a heroin addict and now its just sad to look at him, alot of good god did for him there....

just saying my beliefs and experiences, i dont want a debate

Offline avirex

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 09:34 PM »
lmfaooooooooooooooo.. there was this kid in school i grew up wit where his mom was very godly as well... now hes grown up and a wicked f@#!ing druggy, wannabe gangster, and tats all over his arms...

everytime i see him i just LOL...

Offline nino

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Brazil is a massive catholic country, everywhere you go you find a chuch and stuff and i think that 99% of peoples here beieve in god, when i say iam atheist everyone is like oh no, u r the satan lmfao. but i also think that it has a strong relation with the poorness of place, i might be wrong but i see in europe, it is much more common to find peoples like me, and even if they arenot, they respect much more you position, USA is an exeption maybe cos very rich and there also are to many peoples who believes and fight for it and kill and stuff, so well i dont know. and also. sometimes it really help peoples to live, i see so many poor peoples here that has nothing, and maybe believing that theres a god or whatever that looks and care for them, is more confortable, i used to believe when kid, like everyone i think cos when u r kid, you cant figure out stuff like this.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline darKz

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 02:29 AM »
I mostly share WookAs view of things.

Religion is something that brings people together - but even more something to fight over. Many people with strong religious belief think that all other religions are wrong, there's a real lot who are that close minded and intolerant.. They even started wars with this reasoning and many thousands of people died just because their belief is "wrong". It's much like the separation of countries, people have different constitutions, different views of what's right and wrong and are trying to convince other people/nations that they're right by physically attacking them.

So I think if religions didn't exist, this world would be a better place. Well actually it's the people who are at fault, not religion itself - they can't handle it properly.

On a sidenote, around 80% of my friends are of the same opinion as I stated above and we kinda founded an own (fun-) religion which we often talk and make fun about: Basically there is one creator - the Blacksmith - who forged the entire universe with his powerful hammer and anvil of steel, wearing nothing but a loincloth. He's undoubtedly the manliest of men, standing in his burning forge and sweating in eternity while hurling his mighty hammer at those who are not worthy.

Guess that summed it up.
By the way, we don't really believe this, but it's more fun than saying we're atheists. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 07:32 AM »
Basically there is one creator - the Blacksmith - who forged the entire universe with his powerful hammer and anvil of steel, wearing nothing but a loincloth. He's undoubtedly the manliest of men, standing in his burning forge and sweating in eternity while hurling his mighty hammer at those who are not worthy.

Remind me to never drop my keys in front of you...

Offline HHC

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 07:56 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16 AM »
I think I never loled this hard and loud in the history of TUS forums. ;D ;D

Offline nino

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 11:26 AM »
hey putos for those who like to read books i already bought mine, this book was written by the bad religion singer Greg Graffin

http://anarchyevolution.com/

and ye iam BR promoter xD

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 01:00 PM »
I don't belive god created the world. But on the other hand I don't belive that there is nothing after life. But if there is only nothing then what is nothing how can you just be nothing??? Lol  :o

Offline nino

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 01:27 PM »
you are something when you are alive man, you just become nothing when you die, like a bactery, hey iam not calling you a bactery btw, but since we are animals, we have a live, live it and die, thats all.

Offline avirex

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 02:24 PM »
i dont care to talk about any of that GOD bullshit... but i do like to believe there is something after death... i have only formed my own opinion on death, and kinda just a far fetched thing, that i like to believe, in order to make myself feel better about the ones i lost.

i feel that when you die, u have a choice to look over 1 person.. wherever they go, whatever they do, whoever they are with, you can look over them... but can never stay from them.. almost like watching a television of their life.. lol..

i know its a far fetched thing, but it makes me feel good.. last year my BF was murdered, he left behind his then 6 month old son, it was heartbreaking for me being that he was my very best friend, and his son will now grow up never knowing his father.. so i like to believe that danny looks down on his son. my godson :)

also, danny was murdered the night of OCT1st.... technically it was OCT2, because it happened 12:30am. but i will always remember it as the night of october1st, which is my birthday... 1 year hes been gone today, and im 1 year older... happy and sad day mixed together. RIP DANNY

edit: let me just say when i said "BF" i mean.. best friend, i need to say that b4 nino comes to this forum and sez "haehaheauheauhauhauhauh avi has a BF-BOYFRIEND huahauhauhuaheuah" lol :p
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:25 PM by avirex »

Offline nino

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 02:44 PM »
lmfao avi, thats what i thought when i read BF, and i really i thought u were talking about the Bf you had years ago and stuff, but you asked me for secret and now you are turning public? but now i see you were refering to best friend, not boyfriend.

Anyway i also have some friends murdered here, not BEST but some that i used to play soccer when kid and stuff, mostly died cos drugs, being involved and cos didnot pay and stuff.

But ye, i admite it is very confortable to believe theres something after death, and hey, maybe it is true, i junt dont think so. but everything is possible IMO.

since i already have my own opnion about this for long time already,  i just accept the fact that we have to die like a bactery and keep happy and huahuahuahuahuaING around!! till die lol

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 02:48 PM »
What did your secretary say about avi had a bf?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Husk

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 02:57 PM »
media and "the government" is lying to us! world is not as big as they let us know, there are no chinese people, they are just caucasians painted to yellow, the sky is made of paper,  kim il-sung lives, we are all monitored 24/7, god = santaclaus, open ur eyes!

Offline avirex

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 03:22 PM »
What did your secretary say about avi had a bf?

hahahha pretty good MI that was funny :D

and nino.. damn, why did u have to tell about my BF :(