Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:39 AM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38078 times)

Offline xDrAg0x

• Australia Australia
  • Just a little high
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2011, 07:09 AM »
I say we are all just energy inside a shell *body* when we die our energy is put into another shell.

There is no god. god is someone people pitty to because their weak. And there is to sides to a story and i havent seen the devils bible anywhere recently?

In the end. We are all human. We no different to a dog, cat, or even a butterfly, there just energy to.

My opinion ^^

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2011, 07:22 AM »
Who Created the creator? and who Created the creator creator? and who created the creator creator creator?

she did:

who created her?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline philie

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2011, 03:44 AM »
she created herself.

Hail Eris!

Offline Breeze

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08 AM »
Wish I got in on this thread earlier, seriously cannot be bothered reading it all, so much information.

My opinion of religion is that it is something for "lazy" (no link intended to previous statement :P) people, the same people who don't want to understand or who can't be bothered to go figure out anything.  Science is dominating at the moment, we are to the point where we can create life and determine what it will look like..

The usual argument, dinosaurs were rocking this place before Adam & Eve.. "the first creations".

But then that brings me to Lilith a whole other story.

Peace gentlemen.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2011, 07:01 AM »
Anyone Believe in Reincarnation???

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06 AM »
Anyone Believe in Reincarnation???

I guess I do because my mind can't comprehend my self just not existing anymore  ??? Isn't that f@#!ed up to think? That when you die your thoughts and mind may or may not just end? I'm tripping the f@#! out right now man!

« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2012, 07:31 PM »
You were dead before you were born,  so it will be the same when our bodies expire.

But I agree, out consciousness has existed since our conception and the thought of it ending it simple impossible to imagine as well as uncomfortable to imagine.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2012, 07:39 PM »
The saddest thing about humans dying imo, is their knowledge and imagination dies with them. :(

You can teach people how to do things, but you can't teach imagination and creativity.

« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2012, 09:01 PM »
The thing about a lot of online communities... this debate is mostly preaching to the choir. I think most people who spend a fair amount of time online inevitably turn atheist, it's just a matter of being exposed to certain arguments. But of course, this only works when the internet is uncensored, and unfortunately, one thing religions (and other forms of dogma) excel at is censorship.

Offline HHC

« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Hmm, It's easy to come across atheist arguments though. It's not like the pope censors forums like these lol. It's just that most people visit the websites that confirm their beliefs and point of view.

Furthermore, there aren't many good arguments against the belief in God.
As a divine being he moves about in the metaphysical sphere, and as Kant tells us, that's out of reason's reach. That's why you cannot prove ór disprove his existence with scientific arguments. You can merely speculate.

For me personally, the biggest counter-argument against the christian view (or the religious view in general) is that it happens to meet all of our wishes. Our greatest wish is living eternally and in good health, religion promises us just that, that can't be coincidence. 

« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Hmm, It's easy to come across atheist arguments though. It's not like the pope censors forums like these lol. It's just that most people visit the websites that confirm their beliefs and point of view.

Furthermore, there aren't many good arguments against the belief in God.
As a divine being he moves about in the metaphysical sphere, and as Kant tells us, that's out of reason's reach. That's why you cannot prove ór disprove his existence with scientific arguments. You can merely speculate.

For me personally, the biggest counter-argument against the christian view (or the religious view in general) is that it happens to meet all of our wishes. Our greatest wish is living eternally and in good health, religion promises us just that, that can't be coincidence. 

I mean censorship in China, Russia, and the middle east. And there are nothing but good arguments against the belief in God, the primary one being that all human conceptions of God have been thoroughly refuted, as they can generally be reduced to faith-based or evidence-based rationales, neither of which hold up.

People often claim 'absence of evidence is not evidence of absence (of God)', but in fact it can be. If nearly every conceivable route to justifying the existence of God has been attempted, and has failed, then it's most reasonable to give up on that endeavor, or in effect put it near the bottom of your things-to-give-consideration list. Of course, if there is very compelling evidence to believe something might be true, then there is a reason to keep trying to justify or prove it. This was the case with Fermat's Last Theorem, as we could empirically see that it was probably true. In the case of God, I don't think there is a single piece of evidence making proving his existence a worthwhile endeavor.

Offline Husk

« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2012, 10:00 PM »

« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2012, 11:18 PM »
Thanks Husk, that was hilarious ;O

That guy did prevent one Koran from burning, but doesn't seem to matter when you can burn 40,000 in a few minutes:

Offline Masta

« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2012, 12:03 AM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:33 PM by Masta »