Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:27 PM

Author Topic: World Cup '14 - Betting corner  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Csongi

World Cup '14 - Betting corner
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Hey.I thought it would be cool to have a topic where we can share our thoughts about which team will win which game,what did you bet for today and other stuff. :D

Let's make some money ! xd

P.S.: I'm planning on making a ticket with the following teams qualifying from group stage:Spain,Columbia,France,Belgium and Portugal.
It would give me an odd around 3. What do you think ?
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup '14 - Betting corner
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:56 AM »
put up some bets and we can compare

so far I've only put 100€ on top scorer from la liga

(on the basis neymar and messi take the penalties for their teams, funny fact, Bwin uses the same criteria, it only has 1.95 at max scorer playing for Barcelona)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:59 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 10:19 AM »
I've not decided up on any bets so far.. It's tough to make any money in the world cup ;P I might try some draws & under 2.5 goals in the matches in the group stage, it's quite often a tendency with few goals and close games in the early stages of these championships(world & european). But I assume the bookmakers already knows that.. That's more a gut feeling though, no hard facts from my side. I think I'll rather watch and enjoy the championship without any huge bets. It's tempting to do a longshot and stake Italy @30 in odds, now that both France and Germany been suffering some late injuries on Reus and Ribery. But then again, Spain will probably just win in the end :P

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:39 AM »
Maaan, it's only 2 days from now  :o

I let Brazil win, vs Argentina in final  :-[
But I know shit really  :(

Other than Italy crazy, any smaller team I should watch?
You were quite right about ghana last time around.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Maaan, it's only 2 days from now  :o

Other than Italy crazy, any smaller team I should watch?

Belgium,if it can still be considered a 'smaller' team. 
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Casso

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Italy will go out in group stage. We really suck this year and Giuseppe Rossi was injured as well.

I would bet Brazil vs Argentina in Final

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Belgium,if it can still be considered a 'smaller' team.

Yeahh... I'm rooting for Belgium too. Cool team & supporters + I can watch the matches on belgian TV, it's gonna be nice  8)

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 01:36 PM »
nice topic you made here

in belgium we trust

Offline SPW

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 02:56 PM »
Belgium can reach the quarters, but not more. That team is awesome, but no experience.

We doing a toto at work and my guess: 1. Brasil, 2. Argentina, 3. Germany, 4. Mexico. But thats just my thought.

In Switzerland I trust!  8)

btw crazy, where are norwegians? Didnt make the qualify? I forgot it..  ::)

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Mexico sucks on this WC, they qualified in the last match of their conference only because USA beat up to Panamá in last minutes. Panamá was leading the game 2-1 and in the discounts they lost 3-2 and Mexico won the tickets to WC... their own press can't believe that they are playing this WC.

Offline SPW

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Yea but this doesnt matter. Remember denmark at european championship 10 years ago? Nobody noticed that country and they finally won it. How a team goes into wc doesnt matter. the important thing is to get in. Huh Crazy?  :D

Imo mexico has a good offense and a very strong defense. And they know hot temperatures which could be a huge factor.

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Could be, actually that happens with Uruguay always, they qualified last on south america for the WC 2010 and then they reached the 4th place. Well, bets are bets!

I bet 20 US dollars that Chile qualify with Spain to 2nd round. Who wanna bet? I can pay by MoneyGram.

Offline SPW

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19 PM »
I bet 20 US dollars that Chile qualify with Spain to 2nd round. Who wanna bet? I can pay by MoneyGram.

Ok I am in! I bet you are wrong and Spain going into 2nd round with Netherlands.

Deal twy? But I just have paypal.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:21 PM by SPW »

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Ok I am in! I bet you are wrong and Spain going into 2nd round with Netherlands.

Deal twy? But I just have paypal.
Ok! yeah, by PayPal then.

Offline SPW

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Cool! Here is my email-addy for paypal: spw@team-coldfusion.de

You will need it!  :D