Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:38 AM

Author Topic: World Cup '14 - Betting corner  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: World Cup '14 - Betting corner
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Lol, SPW being mister cocky today :D No point in qualifying if you've got no real chance to win it ;)

Offline SPW

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Better have a little chance than none. And you know there is much more than just the title.  :)

I just pay it back. You started being cooky some time ago. Remember?  ;D

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 08:28 PM »
Im gonna put 10 quid on an outsider but a strong team with some world class players because the odds in betting shops are really good, like 25 to 1. So im tempted to put a bet on portugal, france or italy. Although im also tempted to bet on Argentina with worse odds but higher chance of winning cus of climate.

Offline rU`

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 08:41 PM »
It's sad that nobody's betting on Spain, the current Winners' WC holders, and being non other than the current winners of the last two UEFA Eurocups.

Not even me is betting on them this time!

This is good anyway, less pressure, there could be more surprises ^^

I don't see a clear winner this time, so let's bet on the home team
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:04 PM by EL FUGA »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Yea but this doesnt matter. Remember denmark at european championship 10 years ago? Nobody noticed that country and they finally won it. How a team goes into wc doesnt matter. the important thing is to get in. Huh Crazy?  :D

Imo mexico has a good offense and a very strong defense. And they know hot temperatures which could be a huge factor.

You mean Greece, right? :D

Offline Uzurpator

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 06:27 AM »
final Brazil-Russia. Top scorers Kokorin and Hulk  ::) :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:06 AM by Uzurpator »

03:08: surgeonb2b`ckc> eh Uzur ur my nightmare

Offline Uzurpator

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 06:28 AM »
oi.del.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:05 AM by Uzurpator »

03:08: surgeonb2b`ckc> eh Uzur ur my nightmare

Offline Random00

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 08:14 AM »
Yea but this doesnt matter. Remember denmark at european championship 10 years ago? Nobody noticed that country and they finally won it. How a team goes into wc doesnt matter. the important thing is to get in. Huh Crazy?  :D

Imo mexico has a good offense and a very strong defense. And they know hot temperatures which could be a huge factor.

Or he measn 20 years ago ^^

Offline Ryan

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13 AM »
If Chile get out of their group (of death) they could cause some damage at 50/1

Offline darKz

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 10:31 AM »
I'm only really up to date with the German team, I think they'll make quarter finals and from there on out I don't know. Reus injured, Özil in poor shape, Klose already 34 years old and the only real #9 on the team.. But then there's Podolski who literally always plays his A-game in big tournaments and some newcomers like Draxler, Durm, Kramer and Schürrle who could make a difference. Not sure how it works out.

As for the other teams, I have high hopes for Brazil and Belgium, as well as Uruguay (Cavani and Suarez are so strong if they can both play).

Spain will go far as well imo, their winner mentality will carry them even though they say they're not favourites (which I agree to).

It's starting tomorrow guys, get hyped! :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 11:29 AM »
I will bet Poland, oh wait.. Poland did not qualify.. ops xd 

Offline WhiteRqbbit

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 12:15 PM »
I opend a prediction game for tus community if you want to join:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/tus-world-cup-prediction-game-24673/

Offline SPW

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 04:50 PM »

Or he measn 20 years ago ^^

Right. Its just crazy how the time runs.. But greece is also an example.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Maaan, it's only 2 days from now  :o

Other than Italy crazy, any smaller team I should watch?

Belgium,if it can still be considered a 'smaller' team.

I don't think they can Csongi, Belgium is rathed 5th favourite in the tournament and ahead of teams like France and Italy. I really don't believe in Belgium, first of all the squad lack experience at major tournaments. My biggest concern though about Belgium is their full-backs, or in other words that they don't have any! They brought eight defenders and seven of these are center backs: the defence will most likely be consisting of four centre-backs. It's not good enough on this level. They have no high class full-backs and without top class in every position of the team I don't see how they can reach far. They should progress from their group fairly easy, but I personally think they will be knocked quickly after that.

Ghana, what do you mean HHC? I can't remember that ;P

Offline Crazy

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 08:45 PM »
If Chile get out of their group (of death) they could cause some damage at 50/1

Chile is interesting!!! I love the way they play tactically, it's brilliant.. High pressure and quick attacking with two unpredictable strikers in Sanchez and Vargas. Chile 'dissapointed' last WC, only scoring three goals in four matches, but they were in a really tough group. Just like this year, poor Chile :D I'm questioning Chile's defence tho.. More specifically their height, Chile can get in real trouble on set-pieces when facing opponents like Netherland. Their defence is in real lack of height ;P So that's why I don't understand why Gonzalez was not included in their squad... Also a big problem for Chile: turning domination into victory. First match against Australia on Saturday will be so important for them, and they are huge favourites. Chile to dominate the game, yet fail to win it? Gl anyway, I will watch all their matches for sure