Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:50 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63634 times)

Offline The Extremist

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #510 on: June 24, 2016, 11:24 PM »
By the time I joined it was too late in the game's development cycle to invite in community veterans to "test things" based upon their personal preference.

That's a little shady, IMO. When another game in a hardcore franchise, MechWarrior Online was being developed, the developers began talking with the community almost right from the start. They ended up turning their backs on them as things progressed, but at least that initial willingness was there.

Reminds me of the closed beta for Worms Revolution, wherein several obvious bugs were reported and acknowledged, but took until well after launch to get fixed, if they were at all. You would think an independent, self-publishing studio would be LESS adverse to delays, not more.

If pretty much nothing can be changed at this point, could you guys at least show us the stuff that we're most curious about, including the option/customization/map creation screens, advanced usage of pro weapons like the rope and bazooka, and a list of things that can/will be changed? For one, the jumping/spinning animations in that latest stream looked weird...

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #511 on: June 24, 2016, 11:54 PM »
By the time I joined it was too late in the game's development cycle to invite in community veterans to "test things" based upon their personal preference.

That's a little shady, IMO. When another game in a hardcore franchise, MechWarrior Online was being developed, the developers began talking with the community almost right from the start. They ended up turning their backs on them as things progressed, but at least that initial willingness was there.

Reminds me of the closed beta for Worms Revolution, wherein several obvious bugs were reported and acknowledged, but took until well after launch to get fixed, if they were at all. You would think an independent, self-publishing studio would be LESS adverse to delays, not more.

If pretty much nothing can be changed at this point, could you guys at least show us the stuff that we're most curious about, including the option/customization/map creation screens, advanced usage of pro weapons like the rope and bazooka, and a list of things that can/will be changed? For one, the jumping/spinning animations in that latest stream looked weird...
Its a gigantic step in the right direction, team17 has shown 0% interest in the community till jonno has shown up, they have never visited these boards in the past until he started working there. 

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #512 on: June 25, 2016, 01:15 AM »
Its a gigantic step in the right direction, team17 has shown 0% interest in the community till jonno has shown up, they have never visited these boards in the past until he started working there.

That's true, at least.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #513 on: June 25, 2016, 08:24 AM »

The previous community manager Mike aka MusterBuster was really cool too, he did come to #worms and once livestreamed WA with some of the Worms veterans, around 2014. But yeah, big thumbs up for Jonno! I hope you will keep bearing with us  :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 25, 2016, 09:16 AM »
I liked the old community managers. The ones that chilled in wormnet and were as much as part of the community as part of team17. In fact, many times, they sided with us, because the corporate was so retarded.

I think it's better than nothing that he comes here with his advertisements. But didn't you wish someone at the HQ at least had some basic worming notions? There's a guy that apparently has some notions of Bng, but beyond that, why trust their decision making? They clearly have no experience and were never willing to get feedback.

Now they're just advertising here, nothing else.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #515 on: June 25, 2016, 11:17 AM »
@Jonno.

Is there an explanation why Worms W.M.D won't have adjustable weapon/utility power?

I can't get this out my head... It's one of the most critical features for long term playability and creativity.

I assume when making a new game one would make improvements not cutbacks don't you agree?

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #516 on: June 25, 2016, 11:54 AM »
I can't remember many schemes utilizing these power settings, the only one that popped up in my head is Mole Shopper, in which most of power changes are completely unnecessary and are best described as a clusterf@#! (literally!)

That being said, I don't get how some people there call it one of the most critical features. How is it critical if it's hardly ever used? Do I miss something?

Now they're just advertising here, nothing else.
says that one who only posts to advertise himself
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 25, 2016, 11:56 AM »
@Jonno.

Is there an explanation why Worms W.M.D won't have adjustable weapon/utility power?

I can't get this out my head... It's one of the most critical features for long term playability and creativity.

I assume when making a new game one would make improvements not cutbacks don't you agree?

because they have no intentions on making the best worms game. That's not how it works. If they did we would have had a beta and all the feedback that goes with that.

I'm sure they're planning to cash in with DLCs on a bunch of already planned features, that's exactly what Jonno means when he comes here and claims "we will continue supporting the game for years", it only means they plan on milking it for more than just release.

says that one who only posts to advertise himself

can you link me to the post where I humiliated you and you decided to start following me around making nonsensical "goes" at me? I legit forgot and want to realize what was it that caused the aperture of your anus to these levels of butthurtfulness. I'm not advertising myself man, I'm doing the opposite, I'm calling you nonsensical because I couldn't give two flying f@#!s on your opinion on me, nor the vast majority of the simploids here with whom you'd struggle to have a reasonable conversation with. And by reasonable I mean exchange two words without wanting to kill yourself.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:02 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #518 on: June 25, 2016, 12:16 PM »
I can't remember many schemes utilizing these power settings, the only one that popped up in my head is Mole Shopper, in which most of power changes are completely unnecessary and are best described as a clusterf@#! (literally!)

That being said, I don't get how some people there call it one of the most critical features. How is it critical if it's hardly ever used? Do I miss something?

I think a big reason why people don't mess with the weapon powers in WA is that there isn't any indicator of the adjustments shown on the weapon panel. It's really confusing for people if weapons are changed. And in a lot of cases more intricate adjustments have been made with third party editor, so you can't even see what the changes are in the in-game lobby's scheme info. It would be easy to add information about the weapon to the weapon panel to check the power settings etc, and would without a doubt make the feature more popular and useful!

Some of the power changes in Mole Shopper sure may seem unnecessary, but they make the scheme really unique. And plenty of them are necessary, like making the Mole itself more powerful. And some of the changes are not simply damage buffs, but make the weapon handle very differently (for example Shotgun).

And what about Ninja Rope?

WA's weapon settings are far from perfect, but they could be improved a lot in a new game (does wind affect the weapon, does it stick to terrain etc.).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:24 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #519 on: June 25, 2016, 12:22 PM »

I've played WA since release, i've saw hundreds of schemes, there are multiple variations of BnG/Roper/Team17/WxW, with different weapons and weapon power.

For example in BnG, which is one of the oldest and most "Classic" schemes, maybe 5-6 years ago we added shotgun with 1* power, this is great for adjusting your hide without destroying it.

There are many schemes with HUUUUUUGE power settings which are pretty fun.

Darts now has 0 power drill so when you land or accidentally drill at start you don't ruin the game.

I could sit here listing stuff like this all day but I think you get the point?

@Aerox - Unfortunately you seem right :(

Offline Ryan

« Reply #520 on: June 26, 2016, 12:38 AM »
About the drill...

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #522 on: June 26, 2016, 03:02 PM »
I think a big reason why people don't mess with the weapon powers in WA is that there isn't any indicator of the adjustments shown on the weapon panel. It's really confusing for people if weapons are changed. And in a lot of cases more intricate adjustments have been made with third party editor, so you can't even see what the changes are in the in-game lobby's scheme info.
Ok, lack of proper settings display leads to avoiding of those settings, fair point. But it's been 17 years already; during such a long period it's likely to find someone who doesn't necessarily need a friendly interface and could put into an use the whole "huge potential" of power settings. If there's a lot of possibilities to make unique schemes with many non-standart powers, where these schemes are?

oh BTW, AFAIK 4-shot shotgun isn't exactly a power setting - it is enabled through the "Cheats" sub-menu

And what about Ninja Rope?
I assume that's why I thought I missed something

Well, since WMD got a full-powered Ninja Rope as a separate weapon, that has addressed the most popular (and pretty much the only one seen on a regular basis) use of power settings.

ok, do you know any other weapons that have their power varied so often?

@TheKomodo
I see you only listed BnG and Darts, and in both cases those are pretty minor changes which are not critical at all. If we wouldn't have power settings, both standart shotgun and drill would be accepted as is and would unlikely be complained about as a critical issue; instead, Darts map makers would just make additional borders to prevent mass kills on start, and BnG players would try to be more accurate/careful with their shotguns, or choose more appropriate hides.
Did that 1* shotgun become a standart?

How many of those "Classic" schemes make a big use of power settings (except ninja rope's power)?

can you link me to the post where I humiliated you and you decided to start following me around making nonsensical "goes" at me? I legit forgot and want to realize what was it that caused the aperture of your anus to these levels of butthurtfulness. I'm not advertising myself man, I'm doing the opposite, I'm calling you nonsensical because I couldn't give two flying f@#!s on your opinion on me, nor the vast majority of the simploids here with whom you'd struggle to have a reasonable conversation with. And by reasonable I mean exchange two words without wanting to kill yourself.
lel, you just got vesuvio's nerdrage king crown
he'd have to work hard to get it back
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #523 on: June 26, 2016, 03:52 PM »
@TheKomodo
I see you only listed BnG and Darts, and in both cases those are pretty minor changes which are not critical at all. If we wouldn't have power settings, both standart shotgun and drill would be accepted as is and would unlikely be complained about as a critical issue; instead, Darts map makers would just make additional borders to prevent mass kills on start, and BnG players would try to be more accurate/careful with their shotguns, or choose more appropriate hides.
Did that 1* shotgun become a standart?

How many of those "Classic" schemes make a big use of power settings (except ninja rope's power)?

I didn't only list BnG and Darts, 4 classic schemes, then Darts, then huge damage schemes were mentioned, it's not my problem you can't remember something you read a few seconds ago.

I went into detail with BnG and Darts because those are the 2 schemes I am most passionate about, and they ARE critical changes, you just aren't a fan of those schemes so you don't realize it.

After reading your replies I realize you aren't even suitable for this conversation so i'll leave it at that.

Offline nino

« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2016, 03:57 PM »
You guys should just focus on fix the WA Bugs and iam sure it would make us much more happy than new Worms Version!!! we want still drive our Fusca porra!!! Go home with ur Ferrari!!! xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.