Forums
April 28, 2024, 01:28 AM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63644 times)

Offline Jonno_Team17

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Hey gang.

So I've noticed a bit more chatter about the Drill and I recalled saying that I would look into whether or not the Blowtorch mimic'd what the Drill could do. I've made a quick little clip to showcase the Blowtorch in action:

I've spoken with the developer and this is by design to keep one of the key factors of the Drill. To quote said Dev "Any angle but directly down will stop if you are going to fall. When aiming down however you will fall but won't take damage as you continue drilling. Just like WA."

This is one of the developers I'm in direct contact with. They are listening and feedback to me with concrete (donkey) answers asap. The developer was also kind enough to give me this information following my recent stream on the E3 build of Worms W.M.D... (This applies to the current build, which is the post E3 one)

"We made some improvements to the rope. Reel speed is now more accurate to WA (how fast you can pull in and out). And some improvements to swing speed."

I hope this insight is useful to you all :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:09 PM by Jonno_Team17 »
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2016, 12:12 PM »
You don't get it do you?

DARTS SIMULATOR IN MY WORMS RIGHT NOW OR YOU LOSE THIS FAN.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15 PM »
RIP Darts.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2016, 12:23 PM »
@Jonno:

The improvement to the torch is very nice, I like it, but still really miss the pixelated rough edges the drill left behind, it was useful in many ways such as drilling down in Elite as a small extra way for protection against long fused grenades being tossed in, preparing hides etc.

And of course, yes, things like Darts won't be possible, as well as the other tactics/moves mentioned with drill earlier in this thread.

There are things about W.M.D I think look great and things that are missing, it really sucks drill won't be included but i'll live lol.

Thanks for the update Jonno!

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2016, 12:26 PM »
@Jonno:

The improvement to the torch is very nice, I like it, but still really miss the pixelated rough edges the drill left behind, it was useful in many ways such as drilling down in Elite as a small extra way for protection against long fused grenades being tossed in, preparing hides etc.

And of course, yes, things like Darts won't be possible, as well as the other tactics/moves mentioned with drill earlier in this thread.

There are things about W.M.D I think look great and things that are missing, it really sucks drill won't be included but i'll live lol.

Thanks for the update Jonno!

No worries.

The team are aware of the WA Veteran players thoughts on the Drill since the information was provided to you all.

Whilst the Drill will not be in Worms W.M.D for launch, or shortly after, we will be watching and monitoring the game very closely to see if there is a viable case to return it to the roster.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #545 on: June 27, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Rope video or no one will buy it!!

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51 PM »

*A wild link appears*

=2m7s

Offline ANO

« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2016, 01:03 PM »
just one more question... but..... the  drill????

:D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2016, 01:06 PM »

Ask your girl, I used it on her last night ;)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 27, 2016, 01:08 PM »

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline ANO

« Reply #550 on: June 27, 2016, 01:19 PM »

If you use the drill with my GF, you better kill your self quickly before I find you and I drill you.

Offline ANO

« Reply #551 on: June 27, 2016, 01:20 PM »
 ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #552 on: June 27, 2016, 01:24 PM »
If you use the drill with my GF, you better kill your self quickly before I find you and I drill you.

Not if I drill you 1st ;)

Offline ANO

« Reply #553 on: June 27, 2016, 01:30 PM »

Not if I drill you 1st ;)

yes, keep dreaming Komodino

;)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #554 on: June 27, 2016, 01:43 PM »

*A wild link appears*

=2m7s

Newbie rope looks nice and it's similar (same?  ???) to the one from WA.
Crate drops should not be longer than 2-3 secs. 
Can't watch whole video atm tho, gonna take another look later.
Thx for posting.