Forums
May 15, 2024, 11:01 AM

Author Topic: Worms Revolution  (Read 14810 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Worms Revolution
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Worms still don't slide...

Yup, physics are inexistent as we know them in WA (W2 or WWP), and they will never reach the same level of depth I think.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10 AM »
Worms still don't slide...

Yup, physics are inexistent as we know them in WA (W2 or WWP), and they will never reach the same level of depth I think.
even andy davidson couldn't save this debacle.  i really want to love W:Rev, but this doesn't exactly inspire faith in the project.  ropa, even you cant fault the fact they are actually trying to make a 2d game, at least we got further than the announcement of another 3d game before our hopes were dashed.  i guess ill get back to not playing worms:armageddon now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:20 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2012, 04:32 AM »
He tried a homing missile on the worm in the last video and that explosion didn't do much?
Limbo looks like it has better physics engine.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2012, 11:52 AM »
New footage:
http://www.gamespot.com/worms-revolution/videos/we-got-worms-worms-revolution-demo-6384785/

Looks sweet. I especially like the dynamic objects.  :-*
Too bad he didnt give the rope a try  :(

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2012, 12:03 PM »
anyway without Andy Davidson who create 1st worms almost alone, and quit worms developing after WA all those worms games seems so sucky :S

Offline Peja

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2012, 12:14 PM »
anyway without Andy Davidson who create 1st worms almost alone, and quit worms developing after WA all those worms games seems so sucky :S

from berria:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/02/worms-creator-andy-davidson-returns.aspx
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline HHC

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10 AM »
More footage:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/worms-evolution-dares-to-do-something-different

Apparently the donkey bounces now  :o Wtaf. I think it looks sweet. The physics are much better done than in W:R. It's not the same laws as in WA, but it looks less bugged, more natural.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Grenades are still doing one bounce and then decreasing velocity so fast they just drop there...  :'(
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2012, 11:06 AM »
they using some physics engine, and rope will work on it, so the rope physics cant be the same.

Offline nappy

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2012, 12:51 PM »
What a piece of shit. I lol'd at developer dude telling us how this game will bring new strategies and depth. I'm pretty sure these guys have never played WA/WWP, otherwise they wouldn't release such a worthless crap.

Ah, and please, someone tell them their water looks more like contents of somebody's nose :p
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:58 PM by nappy »

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2012, 01:58 PM »
"Nick_Fury_Shine

Clean, simple, with a new twist of strategy in a classic setting ready to be demolished by your trustworthy worm servants. Absolutely brilliant.

Now we can forget Worms 3D ever existed. Uhmm what did I just mention ? =D
Very pleased, best news all day."

man I hate reading comments about new worms games from people who think they know whats good. WE are the only people fit enough to cast judgement on new worms releases. I remember arguing about worms reloaded and they banned me on the Steam forums, GAH!

Everyone knows worms, they just don't know how far WA has progressed and that it is still being updated, there was a campaign to re release WA on steam but the topic was closed and people banned... ACKKKK, dumb rant over, long live WA.
worm and learn

Offline HHC

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Release date: 10 October.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2012, 08:46 PM »
X-Com comes out on 11th. Bad timing. :P

Offline Peja

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2012, 08:48 PM »

xcom ftw
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Actually x-com out 9th@USA and 12th Europe. But f@#! x-com, dishonored out 9th@USA and 12th Europe. xD