Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:39 PM

Author Topic: A change to the official shoppa scheme here  (Read 2290 times)

A change to the official shoppa scheme here
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:45 PM »
The tus shoppa scheme here is very poor, imo... may I suggest some changes?

Something needs to be done about fire punch, dragonball, bat, and the high crate chances of shotgun.  These weapons that force you to leave your rope (especially for a measly 30 dmg with the f4 items), hinder the game, imo.  There is nothing more disgusting than picking up a fire punch in shoppa.  I propose to completely eliminate fire punch and dragonball from the scheme.

Baseball bat is completely situational, otherwise it is just as bad as fire punch and dragonball.  Even if you plan to save the bat for an optimal time, this means you're probably going to try to drill someone for like 30 dmg, which sucks ass as well.  Bats should either be eliminated, have a very low probability, or just give everyone a set number of bats or infinite bats.

Shotguns can be a saving grace on the last turn if it is 2v1, plus they do 50 damage... so why are they set so high in the crates?  They should be the same probability as every other weapons, aside from flamethrower and petrol.

Flamethrower probability needs to be reduced to the lowest alongside petrol... Flamethrower easily does over 100 damage on indestructible maps, and no other weapon in the scheme (except maybe clusters) even comes close to that amount of damage... it's like getting a banana bomb in t17.  In the scheme, dyna, sheep, old lady, sheep launcher, pigeon all have their power reduced, why not reduce flamethrower?

I also propose removing zooks from the crates and replacing that with infinite zooks from the start of the match.  Also, what is the problem with having homing missiles and low powered cows in the scheme? they both take a bit of skill to use effectively in a lot of situations.

Thoughts?
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline nappy

Re: A change to the official shoppa scheme here
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Just add zook and remove drill, and the problem is solved. Exotic stuff like firepunches may help with plopping sometimes, imo.

Ah, wait, this is what you actually said :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:53 PM by nappy »

Online Peja

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:57 PM »
i would eleminate the useless afr/afc and cba rule, remove drill and add infinite firepunches and dragonballs.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:03 PM »
I like to see as many weaps as possible in each scheme. Only weaps that really mess up the game balance should be removed. I dunno if FP and DB fall in that category. I hardly ever use them, that's for sure though.
Perhaps we can power them up to 4 stars? That would do like 38 (??) and deal a nice blow, which perhaps could make them more worthwile.

I don't like to see flamethrower removed though. They take some skill to use them with devastating effect. And IMO it's nice that there is a weapon that can instantly kill a worm. In many games players gamble on a superweap to kill that big worm at the end of the game. Without flamethrowers that opportunity would be lost.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:04 PM »
I don't want to remove flamethrowers, what i suggested was to lower their probability and/or reduce their power

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:09 PM »
I see. But doesn't that lead to the same thing? Just to a less extreme extent?

Btw, where did kermit go  :( :(

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 07:13 PM »
hmm... I don't know... I never removed it :O

Offline Husk

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 07:17 PM »
hmm... I don't know... I never removed it :O

is this it?

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 07:26 PM »
yes, but let's try to stay on topic  ;D

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08 PM »
i am kinda tired to try to change schemes.

if u guys want to try someone, try this:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-488/

This is the official ABL Shopper Scheme.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 11:10 AM »
The tus shoppa scheme here is very poor, imo... may I suggest some changes?

Something needs to be done about fire punch, dragonball, bat, and the high crate chances of shotgun.  These weapons that force you to leave your rope (especially for a measly 30 dmg with the f4 items), hinder the game, imo.  There is nothing more disgusting than picking up a fire punch in shoppa.  I propose to completely eliminate fire punch and dragonball from the scheme.

Baseball bat is completely situational, otherwise it is just as bad as fire punch and dragonball.  Even if you plan to save the bat for an optimal time, this means you're probably going to try to drill someone for like 30 dmg, which sucks ass as well.  Bats should either be eliminated, have a very low probability, or just give everyone a set number of bats or infinite bats.

Shotguns can be a saving grace on the last turn if it is 2v1, plus they do 50 damage... so why are they set so high in the crates?  They should be the same probability as every other weapons, aside from flamethrower and petrol.

Flamethrower probability needs to be reduced to the lowest alongside petrol... Flamethrower easily does over 100 damage on indestructible maps, and no other weapon in the scheme (except maybe clusters) even comes close to that amount of damage... it's like getting a banana bomb in t17.  In the scheme, dyna, sheep, old lady, sheep launcher, pigeon all have their power reduced, why not reduce flamethrower?

I also propose removing zooks from the crates and replacing that with infinite zooks from the start of the match.  Also, what is the problem with having homing missiles and low powered cows in the scheme? they both take a bit of skill to use effectively in a lot of situations.

Thoughts?

Adding weapons like the baseball bat and such open the room for amazing map abusing.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• Lots of cool schemes on my profile page!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 12:13 PM »
What about my scheme? :D If needed, I can remove Longbows. Many players, who played it with me, said it's good.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Oh so many scheme makers, I wonder who will be the chosen one to represent the Shopper scheme in TUS. What a honor. Any other participants?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 04:53 PM »
My scheme is nicely balanced.

firepunch and dragonball have been removed.

the cr8 chance of petrol is 1 so less chance of it due to its power of blocking worms

cluster power has been set to 2, its max damage is therefore around high 50s-60s and not the awesome 80-90s.

axe and minigun are added with a cr8 chance of 1. This put less focus on the potential power of flamethrower.

bow at 15 damage is added to give some nice 2 shot push chances., illegal to use it for blocks like old shopper rules.

Its downloaded on tus and works nicely for league games imo.

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• Lots of cool schemes on my profile page!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 06:14 PM »
The problem of scheme makers is that they think that "ballanced" means "low-powered". That's why current league scheme zugz.