Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:58 PM

Author Topic: Changes in T17 Scheme  (Read 5537 times)

Offline GreatProfe

Re: Changes in T17 Scheme
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:52 PM »
I am a smart ppl also rofl!

And everybody complaints about team17 scheme, that's fact  :)

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Professor, the only people moaning are those who can't play it. It's f@#!ing awesome, especially FB scheme, leave it as it is.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 02:41 PM »
what is f@#!ing awesome? You take 9 Cluster bombs and ur opponent takes 2 aquas and 1 Nuclear test?

I know to play t17 absolutelly. So, that's my oppinion, but leave it as it is also is valid :)

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 04:58 PM »
You know, nuke and eq can be easly prevented if you leave you worms high enough and stay in a crater.

Being shitlessly scared to death and not even trying to collect the crates, even if your oponnent might attack you, is like giving up on something because it may not work. And eventually, with my experience, if you collected enough crates, you will be well prepared for sd. So stop blocking the worms (well, now, with 7 girders, it's kinda reduced, I remember me and Uber while being into deep shit blocked like mad and the other guys always went crazy :D ) and use the power of F8. ;) One more thing, sure there's luck involved in t17, but top t17 players magically can reduce it. ; O Damn, there must be something in it!

Offline chakkman

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19 PM »
what is f@#!ing awesome? You take 9 Cluster bombs and ur opponent takes 2 aquas and 1 Nuclear test?

I know to play t17 absolutelly. So, that's my oppinion, but leave it as it is also is valid :)

With 8 clusters you can wipe a whole team out if they're in the right position. Sure, i would also rather pick up the aquas and the nuke, but if i get killed before sd even those won't really help. :)

What i'd rather want to see is people coming off their big "reduce luck" horse... noone is so perfect that he can claim he has lost or won by pure luck, that is just impossible. That's why even the top guys playing chess win and lose. Human nature is to be imperfect. Plus the most important thing is that people enjoy playing the different schemes without thinking this or that is based on luck. Coz we are running out of league schemes if this continues, see the discussion about roper also.

Also see this for t17 overall stats to see this is not a luck based scheme: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/classic-stats/Team17-stats/?s=overall

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 05:26 PM »
i rly dont believe that team17 is a luck based scheme.

But i believe that the luck in team17 scheme has much more influence than others like wxw, hysteria... (excepting rare exceptions like Spazzi xD)

What i think is that we can to make the scheme a little bit fair, in my eyepoint, putting off banana, superbanana, aquasheep n' pasty bullet magic from scheme.

Grow up the HP for 200 (for estimulate the players to attack and not hiding) and give 1 homing missile at start (this way no one ll complaint about dont have sd weapon).

As I said, i am testing this changes, I am not convicted if this could be better the scheme but bleeee i am trying to help :D

Online Camper

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30 PM »
The luck that turns schemes enjoyable, dont f@#!ing touch on it.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Okay let's stop going in circles.
A) Team17 scheme is affected by crate luck
B) Crate luck can be countered with better use of brain
both are true and now we can stop this argument.

About the topic: I would never pick team17 in a league game because I don't like schemes in were I'm not in full control of hte outcome. However, changing the scheme so luck is less might change the scheme to the point of no return, ergo making it worse than it is.
I'm not sure I'd want it changed, what I'm sure about, whatsoever, is that I wouldn't trust you, amogst all people, to make the right decisions.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:52 PM »
eliminate broken weapons (magic bullet, banana bomb, super banana bomb, vase, and army) and eliminate fodder items like the mortar and prod.  That's one of the easiest ways to make it more skill based without changing the scheme monumentally.  And for the record, earthquake and nuke are not broken, so you'd keep those
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 01:08 AM »
I'm not sure I'd want it changed, what I'm sure about, whatsoever, is that I wouldn't trust you, amogst all people, to make the right decisions.

1º TUS is a comunitty. Team17 scheme will be changed if all members agree on do it. BTW, try to know me b4 to make wrongs n' bad judgements about me.

2º ShyGuy dont be so radical xD I love the luck factor sometimes. But what i see is that we cant control this factor in Team17. BL Crates, BL places, BL weapons. Neutralizing some factor we ll have a team17 a little better without lose this beloved factor. 

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 11:50 AM »
eliminate broken weapons (magic bullet, banana bomb, super banana bomb, vase, and army) and eliminate fodder items like the mortar and prod.  That's one of the easiest ways to make it more skill based without changing the scheme monumentally.  And for the record, earthquake and nuke are not broken, so you'd keep those

alternatively, just give the user a few basic weapons on start. 3 grenades, 3 bazookas perhaps?
something along those lines.
it gives more choices at the start, and grenades and zooks are not that useful against high HP worms unless you either do clever use of them (skill) or your opponent lack of skill (placing his worms in bad places were a clever zook/nade can kill him)
this is just a premature thought, it would require tweaking, but out of all the solutions, for me, it's the best overall, even if it seems as it changes the scheme too much, in practice, it really plays like a normal team17 that removes the most critical luck phase of a team17: the begining.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online Camper

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 12:00 PM »
THATS THE BEAUTY OF IT, U NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL UR OPPONENT DO!!!

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06 PM »
calm down loira burra xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 12:36 PM »

alternatively, just give the user a few basic weapons on start. 3 grenades, 3 bazookas perhaps?
something along those lines.
it gives more choices at the start, and grenades and zooks are not that useful against high HP worms unless you either do clever use of them (skill) or your opponent lack of skill (placing his worms in bad places were a clever zook/nade can kill him)
this is just a premature thought, it would require tweaking, but out of all the solutions, for me, it's the best overall, even if it seems as it changes the scheme too much, in practice, it really plays like a normal team17 that removes the most critical luck phase of a team17: the begining.

50% chance the person who starts the game can plop a worm on the bottom.

fp's and db's do a nice 30. Doesn't seem like much, but it's definitely something.

Scheme is fine as it is.

Offline darKz

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 12:37 PM »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010