Which version of roper do you like?

Worms 2 Roper
6 (16.2%)
Normal Roper
25 (67.6%)
ZaR Roper
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite Roper Scheme?  (Read 7135 times)

Offline Korydex

Re: Favorite Roper Scheme?
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2017, 05:01 PM »
in fact =ll=Jerky created roper.. sadly the story seems to be lost now :( http://www.planet1337.com/wormsfiles/content/Rope/rope.htm

Offline Triad

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 07:44 PM »
ZaR Darts

> Activate /ts before game
> Attach rope, activate LG
> Fly horizontally, without drill
> Fire zooka in midair
> Wherever it hits, you get that point

Offline Senator

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Senator, you say that less turn time makes so there is more hard crates... that is true, but it's better this way...

Think about an average to hard rope map, there's one or two spots that crate is just impossible, even with 15 second... how many times does crate fall there with in a game? Maybe 5 times? There a good chance one player is going to have more hard crates, then the other.

With less turn time, there is more hard crates, meaning more odds to even the impossible crates out... not to mention there is more strategy, and skill too.. just because you can't get a crate in 13 second and attack, or don't want to take the risk... does not mean I can't...

With less turn time there's a bigger chance both players get unreachable crates but the other player may still get more of them. And it's still possible one player gets only easy crates the whole game while the other player gets just more crate raped than with 15s turn time. You are relying on the game engine giving equal number of impossible crates. No CBA doesn't fix crate rape, it just makes unreachable crates cost less. They still cost.

franz has made some anti cr8 rape maps that still give hard crates with 15s turn time

This map has a couple of crate spots that can be called "unreachable" but there's a good chance that no crate falls there during the whole game. With slight changes the chance of impossible crates could be further decreased.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:42 PM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Kradie, I'm tired of responding with you on this... so I'm not going to entertain you much more, but I will say the majority of your "changes" are more or less rule changes.

Just about everyone here is telling you the same thing, but you still want to argue your point.. it basically comes down to opinion.

Your opinion is that a new scheme was invented. That's cool, we all hope you enjoy it.

Korydex: not sure who typed up that information that your relying on, but it's not true.

"=ll= jerky" did not invent roper. I'm not sure if my memory is correct, but =ll= clan came much later in w2 history.. almost on the last couple years before w2 died, so not even sure why that was included in his name... it was not like =ll= clan was around when roping was invented. But that's besides the point... anyway, there was not one specific person who invented roping, there was several. The names I remember that were noted for inventing roper are

Archmage
Eagle or TheEagle (or some other bird like name, I forget)
GrappelinGHooK (really cool guy)
And some other guys I can't recall their names..  in my memory, jerky was not a part of it, but I could be wrong.

I started roping on w2 when roping was already invented, and ropers were pro.. I remember how intrigued I was by roping, and how impressed I was too learn that internet players developed the scheme, and t17 had no intention of it at all... next couple years of my life was dedicated to roping, learning to rope, and wanting to be the best! I learned to rope on the highest resolution, where you can't see from the roof to water, or even a complete Island in your screen... you could pretty much see a quarter of an island, you had to move mouse around the entire map and pretty much memorize it, roping was much faster, and response time was not nearly as fast (until S*natch made a patch the fixed it) and kbs ofc were not as good. Thinking back on it now, dunno how in the hell I ever did it... me and IRwlz were talking about that Lil while back... anyway I went way off topic there, I got nostalgic 8(

I'm going to ask w2 guys what they remember about who invented roping.. incase anyone is interested. IRwlz might remember some things, when I came to w2 he was already a pro, he was one of the ropers I looked up to.. IRwlz is a l3g3nd imo.

Senator: I'm not relying on the game engine giving equal number of impossible crates... I'm relying on having more control of my choices, and strategies, and options to win... rather then being forced into a repetitive routine.

If people can't see that no cba is the answer, then I can't force them to. Hell, maybe it's not the answer, but you won't force me otherwise.

There is too many strong opinions of too many people... there will never be enough people to agree on things, so nothing will ever change.

I'm just thankful for the new rope league! We finally get an exciting change of pace on wa
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:52 PM by avirex »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2017, 07:06 PM »
Kradie, I'm tired of responding with you on this... so I'm not going to entertain you much more, but I will say the majority of your "changes" are more or less rule changes.

Just about everyone here is telling you the same thing, but you still want to argue your point.. it basically comes down to opinion.

Your opinion is that a new scheme was invented. That's cool, we all hope you enjoy it.
Sadly, you are reluctant to see beyond the stubbornness of your stagnant view of things.

I don't know who these ''Everyone'' are. But I am certain that you are not the voice of all ropers alike. You do not represent the majority. At this point, you only represent what you think and feel what the community represent.

Everything is opinion, this thread is about giving opinions on the varieties of the roper schemes. We have done this, we have discussed the pros and cons of each schemes. Unfortunately, your deluded superiority complex suggest hostility.

My opinion is that ZaR deserves its own name and place. I think ZaR is more competitive than Roper and Worms 2 Roper in general.
These points have been made throughout this thread.

Who cares who started/invented roping? I think it would had been inevitable at some point in time.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2017, 07:26 PM »
who cares about roper nowadays? the most important scheme actually is max scheme and the creator is living with us!! 

Offline avirex

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2017, 08:49 PM »
Kradie, multiple people here have made comments suggesting they agree with me, and think you're a bit delusional, and according to you people even make comments to you about this outside of these forums, but instead of you seeing the truth for what it is, you wouldd rather chalk things up to everyone just being "avirex followers"

But the one thing we can agree one, it's all opinion, no matter which opinion has more facts to back up the opinion is not important, they are opinions none the less... so let's just agree to disagree.

Kinslayer: to answer your question on who cares, I think many people care. Worms changed the lives of many people here, and more specifically roping.

I'm not sure it's fair to say roping would have been inevitable either...  more then likely yes, but you never know... and if it was not for roping being discovered so early, it may not have ever had such a passionate following of fans (my opinion) also t17 gave the rope a Max of 9 rope swings... that's another thing I had to deal with when I was learning roper... you only had 9 swings, so you had to use your swings wisely, and efficiently .. it was a cool layer of skill, but I certainly welcomed unlimited rope swings (thanks to S*natch once again)

The fact some w2 guys made a scheme that strongly influenced the game creators choices in making wa (roping missions, #RopersHeaven, etc) that's pretty damn cool.. so, you guys may not care, but I think others may be interested.. kradie, it's pretty funny you say "who cares about who invented roping" yet you feel strongly about debating the fact that you invented zar lol.

Anyway, I was wrong.. after talking to IRwlz and other w2ers, jerky was a major part of inventing roping. And =ll= was his clan at that time.. I think I was confused with =l-l= clan.

So yeah, jerky had a big part in the creation, but he was not the sole creator.. archmage, GrappelinGHooK helped as well.. we can't think who else was involved, was just too long ago, and actually even before our time.

Anyway.. just wanted to correct my error! I guess that webpage was correct, Kory.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:52 PM by avirex »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2017, 09:22 PM »
Kradie, multiple people here have made comments suggesting they agree with me, and think you're a bit delusional, and according to you people even make comments to you about this outside of these forums, but instead of you seeing the truth for what it is, you wouldd rather chalk things up to everyone just being "avirex followers"

But the one thing we can agree one, it's all opinion, no matter which opinion has more facts to back up the opinion is not important, they are opinions none the less... so let's just agree to disagree.

I'm not delusional but I could have missed some crucial points to your claims? Maybe you could show me where these comments occurred? All I see at the moment is that there are some incoherent posts from a few users who haven't engaged in this topic properly. It just seems like you and I are having this discussion Avirex, and I would not like to include third parties entities into the mix unless necessary e.g ''Avirex's Followers''. In fact I saw one of these individual was on WormNET with the name ''Kradie'isa'THIEF'' and had hosted a game with the name ''zar roper = w2 original roper'', this host room was open for several 10 minutes.
Don't worry, I am sure he acted on self interest but I'm not sure how you feel about it.- For all you care it can be fabricated.

But I shall repeat myself again... I did not rob off your scheme. Your scheme is an inspiration, an alternate take on roper, as well is ZaR. We should keep it as that. But I cannot force you.

Offline avirex

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2017, 10:57 PM »
Lol if someone did that in AG it's because they seen you in AG, and know how serious your taking all this, and wanted to poke a little fun... my point being, it's not so much that they want to "follow" me, as they want to irritate you.

I'm going to end this now, and just say I'm glad I could help inspire you kradie, zar is a nice scheme, have fun with it.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2017, 11:22 PM »
Lol if someone did that in AG it's because they seen you in AG, and know how serious your taking all this, and wanted to poke a little fun... my point being, it's not so much that they want to "follow" me, as they want to irritate you.

I'm going to end this now, and just say I'm glad I could help inspire you kradie, zar is a nice scheme, have fun with it.

You flatter yourself too much mate but yet you are in error. You're just as same as me when it comes to building that scheme of yours.
I wasn't irritated, you claimed I was making things up, so I provided you with some information. Now you use it against me? You can do better man.

When I saw that person in AG, I was surprised over how a person could stoup so low, and now here you are at that level. Pathetic.

Offline avirex

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2017, 04:17 AM »
wtf dude? How do I flatter myself, how am I "stouping so low"?

I'm trying so hard to end this conversation, your the one who said my scheme gave inspiration to zar....

Maybe I read it wrong.. I'm not going to go back and read though... forget my last post... let's try this again..

Kradie, zar seems like a nice scheme.. I'm Happy that you and others enjoy it.. have fun with it. Ttyl

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2017, 06:46 AM »
for kradie and avi:

<3

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Just to point out no roper scheme is "more competitive" than another, they are different, yes.

But based on what the word competitve means:

"of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition,

well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition,

having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.

useful to a competitor; giving a competitor an advantage."

You can argue and debate which scheme you like best but the FACT is they are all equally competitive.

They are all decided by competition.

They are all well suited for competition and have features that makes for successful competition.

People have a strong desire to compete in all 3 schemes discussed here.

And they are all useful to a competitor.

The great thing is, we have a choice!

Offline avirex

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Not really sure what that is supposed to mean walrus...

I'm guessing it was an attempt at humor though? couple days late, but hell, I'll give you a chuckle.

Komo, thanks for clearing all that up..  OK, you see me and kradie were really not sure about the definition of competitive.. I wish you came here sooner to meditate things, it would have saved us both a lot of typing, and aggravation.

Kradie, it appears this entire thing was just a big misunderstanding...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2017, 04:55 PM »
So, what's the bestest scheme on toos, boys??